Quantcast
ATTN: rage2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: ATTN: rage2

Talking ATTN: rage2

Good vid you put up with the secret street races. I'm starting to work with video editing and one question I have is how you getting 7 minutes of vid into 12mb? I'm using Adobe Premier to edit some clips but the files I capture are huge. The files are .avi so maybe I'm using the wrong codec. I'm just wondering if its when I capture that I can set how much I can compress it or is it when I print the final vid is when I can compress it? Sorry if some of this doesn't make any sense but I'm trying to figure this out by just playin with the programs. Any help or tips will be appreciated. Keep up the great work on the vids and the site....

Peace
    Powered by fish sauce

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I use Ulead VideoStudio 5.0 (6.0 has shitty quality for some reason) and master all my DV captures into MPEG2, then edit, clip, title the MPEG2 DVD final output. I then use Windows Media Encoder using my special custom profile (250kbit/sec WM8) which has awesome compression. Reason why I work in MPEG2 is because I'll be making a DVD at the end of the year with all my videos.

I dunno why everyone likes DivX so much (based on Microsoft's MPEG4/WM7 codec), I find WM8 codecs have better compression at the same quality.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Talking cool

I'll try to figure it out. Thanks for the tip brother. We have to meet some time again. I think I might have met you in the past before but I got a very short term memory. I usually remember people by their cars....

Peace