Quantcast
Kicker Components anygood? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Kicker Components anygood?

My Ride
    2003 Sebring Sedan

Default Kicker Components anygood?

Hey guys me again.... Well I realized I lack a ton of midbass in my car! I have 4x6 MB Quarts in my door and Kicker 6X9's in the rear deck. I have a 15' L7 and yano 15's dont really play higher bass notes as well as smaller subs. Well I was wondering, I have like so much kicker stuff in my car I should go with kicker components.... Oh yeah I have my 4ch 350.4 kicker amp for speakers and a kicker mono yada yada. Well If I swapped out my 4x6's for components, will i get enough midbass where I can hear some bass when its not in my sub, by no means do i need to feel the high notes. But the way it sounds now is low hits hard, and then its like with the sub off I have 0 bass from my speakers. If I adjust my amp i may blow the tiny guys.... SHould I just adjust my amp, I like SQ and want components. Worth it? I need suggestions. Dont need the clearest, but midbass would be cool. Kicker bad for components? And what size 6.5 or 5 i duno the sizes of components. Its gota fit in my door so maybe a little cutting for a bigger hole is allowed. I dont need the most expensive stuff out there, but I dont have a set price range.

My Ride
    RX-7 FD3S , le Grand V8

Yea go with kicker comps there good. if you want some good bass try to maximize the dead air. when you install the comps(go with 6") stuff some insulation in the door as well as line the door with some dynomat it will sound good. Less road noise

My Ride
    2003 Sebring Sedan

Wait what should I stuff in the door Ill go with dynamat forsure. Just dont know where i would put my tweeters. I have vents near the door colum ithought about in there. I just wana avoid cutting holes in my dash.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

I had Kicker K6.2's in my Civic... sounded great.

My Ride
    2003 Sebring Sedan

So would they help out with the midbass? That i dont have

My Ride
    2003 Sebring Sedan

ALright well another question is, if in my doors the speaker is a 4x6, what size components would fit well? 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5? WOuld a lower end kicker model still be good. On sounddomain the SS series is like $900 on ebay its $400 If I got something lower end it would still sound kick ass right?
    AND WHAT OHM LOAD? I have a kicker 350.4 i think its like rms is 378 on birth sheet. I duno much about speaker ohms vs subs even thoguh they probably the same, I duno how to wire that shit id have this installed by my local shop. Thanks for your help guys
    Last edited by Harryc8786; 04-01-2005 at 10:21 AM.

My Ride
    RX-7 FD3S , le Grand V8

insted of buying new speakers why don't you just keep the speakers you have now and stuff insulation(the stuff used to insulate houses) but make shure you line it with some poly plastic so it doesn't get wet. the insulation will add some mid bass. DYNOMAT will help too. if you want to buy some new comps then just ask the install guys from where you buy it, they will know how to get good midbass. you can put any size of comps in your door if you don't mind screwin around with stuff. my factory speakers were 4X7's and i stuck some 6'' comps in.

as for OHMs basicly it is a way of measuring resistance in electric flow. so if there is less resistance the faster the current will flow. meaning more power.
    example: an amp rated 100watts at 2OHMs but at 4OHMs it will generally be 50watts.

speakers are usualy 4OHMS

iam guessing your amp is 90wattsX4 at 4ohms but i could be wrong just look at the manual and look for the RMS rating.