Quantcast
how to install hood pins? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: how to install hood pins?

My Ride
    '90 skyline gtst

Default how to install hood pins?

hey guys i have a '95 GSR, and i just installed my carbon fiber hood , so i thought i would go out to buy hood pins, I'm wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on installling them? They are sparcos, and its on a vis oem hood. Any help would be awesome.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Until someone who has actually done it chimes in, i'll tell you what I 'think'. Basically all your doing really is drilling through the hood and through the rad support. Correct me if i'm wrong. Didn't they come with instructions? Do a quick google search it should come up. hth
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    94 Celica GT-FOUR,

:imwithSeanith: Pretty sure the pins just mount to the rad support and up through a hole in the hood, pretty straightforward

My Ride
    Infiniti

DO THE RAD FIRST!!!!!!!!!!! dont drill holes in the hood first, do the RAD first and the check and make sure everythin lines up about three hundred times before you drill into a cf hood,

and for my opinion, please dont

My Ride
    00 Honda CR-V, 02 IS300

I wasn't about to pay a shop $100 to put two holes in my hood.

I drilled my own holes for the pins and washer nozzles. Kinda scary at first, but not that bad... there were already extra holes on my rad support molded out where I could put the pins and they would sit perfectly vertical (see pics), and to my surprise, looking underneath the hood, there were indents right where the pin should go through. Its almost like honda expected me to put hood pins there! And its exactly where I wanted them.

I don't know if you will have those holes on your rad support, but my civic had them, so it made it easy. I then put some touch up paint on the top of the pins, then closed the hood so the paint would mark where to make the holes. DO NOT USE A DRILL unless you start of with a small bit and work your way up. I used a dremel, it takes longer, but was more precise.

Here are 2 pics of the rad support, note that those holes were already there, and molded so the pins sit flush.

Feel free to ask any more questions, and I will try my best to answer them.