Quantcast
Official MMA Thread - Page 243 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 243 of 298 FirstFirst ... 233 242 243 244 253 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,860 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

My Ride
    TypeR

Turns out he was over the normal limit of testosterone. Apparently he has been doing replacement treatments for some time now. It was even cleared for his last fight but the doctor messed up on his doses going into the story fight.

My Ride
    I like. :)

Thanks to Kongo, Mirgliotta's (sp?) has almost cleared his name of being one of the worst refs in the UFC. I was impressed that Mirgliotta saw what I could only see in the replays and he did an awesome job in that match. Awesome heart/will/chin by Kongo.

Possible new worst ref: that idiot ref in the Story fight needed to shut the hell up and stop standing up Story.

The Doomsday v Brown result was a joke. That fact that Brown got a unanimous decision was even worst... again, more judges who don't know what a leg kick or a takedown (of all things) is. Thankfully for the UFC, there was the spectacular Kongo win.

Good fights overall, I don't have much to comment on.

I agree that the refs are getting a bit better. Herb Dean and Big John McCarthy are still the best though, IMO.

By far the biggest problem in the UFC these days is the ridiculous judging, IMO.

My Ride
    '05 Acura TL

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    By far the biggest problem in the UFC these days is the ridiculous judging, IMO.

QFT
    Originally posted by edde
    its called sarcasim you fucking idiot

My Ride

Man, I knew Condit was a badass and Kim was solid but I couldn't decide who was the definite top contender between them, but Condit just confirmed it. What a win for Condit. If anyone has GSP's number it's him, IMO.

Nice to see Tito back like that, such a veteran he made Bader look outclassed, not that Bader's that good in the first place. Chuck didn't look overly pleased to see Tito win, lol.

Wand showed some brains and gameplan against Bisping but against Leben he looked like a fool. I'm surprised he underestimated him.

Faber was impressive. Took Cruz the distance, landed some damage and made Cruz look human.

My Ride
    TypeR

Apparently Davis is injured and Machida Evans 2 is in the works. To me this makes way more sense anyways.

My Ride
    ralli///art, 09 zx6r

Originally posted by warcaster
    Apparently Davis is injured and Machida Evans 2 is in the works. To me this makes way more sense anyways.
    nope, its Ortiz vs Evans 2.

My Ride
    TypeR

Rumor has it machida decided he didn't want to take it on short notice. Good news for Tito bad for Evans, if he wins dosnt make him any better and he loses he drops huge in ranking.

Fedor vs hendo who you guys picking? I love fedor but I pick hendo by tko

roy nelson vs mirko crocop. should be a good one

My Ride
    ralli///art, 09 zx6r

according to Dana, machida said that he will only take the fight if they pay him "Anderson silva money" and Dana White reportedly told Machida “accomplish what Anderson Silva has and you will be paid like him”.

My Ride

Either one of those guys, Machida or Ortiz, vs. Evans will be a great match to watch.

Originally posted by BigDannyCool
    roy nelson vs mirko crocop. should be a good one
    Nelson is great. BUT IMO, a Crocop match is a waste of time to watch. I like KO's but watching Crocop get KO'd again is boring and sad/pitifull. Crocop is barely able to put up a fight in the UFC. He was great years ago, but now he's just a former great who gets demolished and there are better fighters in the UFC. I'd rather see Buentello or an old warrior like that before Crocop.

I just hope I don't hear Goldberg or Rogan talk about Crocop's "right leg this, left leg that" blah blah blah.

Tito made 450gs last fight, and Dana gave the fight to him because Lyoto was asking for Silva $$

But Silva reportedly only made 200gs against Belfort?....So wtf was Machida asking for?

Originally posted by gerrycurl21
    Tito made 450gs last fight, and Dana gave the fight to him because Lyoto was asking for Silva $$

But Silva reportedly only made 200gs against Belfort?....So wtf was Machida asking for?
    I believe Silva gets a %age of PPV buys whereas Tito does not.
    heloc that shit

How the hell is a fighter who hasn't won a fight in like 6 years (except vs. Jenna Jameson) getting $450k???

I personally think Tito is crap, and as soon as he faces someone like Rashad or Machida he's done. Bader was never that good IMO, so I don't consider that victory impressive.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Mirko and Tito need to just fucking stop.

The worst thing about this Tito/Evans fight is that I can nearly guarantee you that Ortiz only took it because Dana guaranteed him another fight afterwards, which means we're going to have at least another year of excuses from him, and twitter train-wrecks from his wackjob girlfriend.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    TypeR

The hendo fedor fight was amazing! The legends always put on good fights!

Originally posted by warcaster
    The hendo fedor fight was amazing! The legends always put on good fights!
    It's a shame they couldn't fight longer. I would have liked to see if Fedor would have recovered if Herb Dean didn't stop the fight.

My Ride
    TypeR

It's was a good stoppage though, after the first punch he was definitly out cold. His contract is up now so possibly hendo vs silva 2?

Im a big fan of both guys but it sucked to see fedor lose. I hate to see people downplay fedor's accomplishment just because he lost three in a row. People act like he was fighting cans in japan, while some of his opponents were, I think he has fought more top 10 guys then many other champions.

I think it was a good stoppage but wish the ref would just let it go on a bit further. Many comparisons are being made to the diaz/daily fight but diaz was defending himself as soon he was dropped. The first shot knocked fedor out until the second one woke him up. It would have been good to see how it played out. Fedor is really good at scrambling but hendo has lots of power in his right hand, could have gone either way. We've seen comebacks before. Look at the kongo/barry fight. Might not happen often but it does happen.

In my mind prior to the fight I was thinking the only way hendo wins is by overhand right, his bread and butter. I thought that was unlikely because fedor has been hit by heavyweights and very rarely gets rocked. Fedor on the other hand has more tools in his arsenal as hes good standing up and on the ground, and for once was the bigger guy. Regardless of what fedor decides to do with his career I wish the guy the best. Win or lose his fights are always exciting and the guy has always been humble and a class act.

I thought the stop was premature, Fedor just turned over from his back and I would have given him a second or two to get his hands up.

Page 243 of 298 FirstFirst ... 233 242 243 244 253 ... LastLast