Quantcast
Need Some Wiring Help Please....*Wiring GURUs Enter Here!* - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need Some Wiring Help Please....*Wiring GURUs Enter Here!*

My Ride
    purple people eater

haha what a genius!!
    You can still try Canadian Tire, there is one company that makes a bunch of generic parts but I can't recall ever seeing a power window thing (they are the guys with the red cardboard packaging.. there should be a big rack of their stuff, but the name escapes me)... worth a shot anyway. You could also try to find out the Honda OEM part number for the switches (assuming this is going into the Civic, anyway) and then trying Autozone again with that #.

My Ride
    03 VW Jetta

If I were you wanting to keep the factory switch panel would be to determine what the signal is coming off of the switch panel is when you switch them(power or ground). Install a 2 relay's for each door. The signal from the panel will be the switched wire for the coil of the relay. Your supply wire to the 30 side of the relay will be power on one relay and ground on the other relay. If the signal from the panel is ground, put that wire to the 86 side of the relays and put constant power to the 85 side of the relay. Now take the motor wires and make pigtails for them, you will now have two wires on each power and ground. Now if power rolls it up, put the power wire coming from the motor to the 87 side of the relay that has power to the 30 side of the relay, and the other wire thats pigtailed to it to the 87A to the relay that has the ground to the 30 of the other relay. Then with the other wire from the motor you will just flip flop the 87 and 87A. I understand that this relay thing id really confusing but it will work I do this all the time to old fire engines, for fire fighters that are to lazy to uncrank thier windows. If you have any questions just reply to me or e-mail me at [email protected]
    Please ask any questions I will be able to walk you through it no problem at all.

My Ride
    02 Corvette Coupe

What kind of vehicle is this installed in???? If you let me know.... I will make you a color to color diagram to suit your vehicle... W deal in aftermarket power windows on a daily basis.

My Ride
    335i

EK civic
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

What you need is a DPDT momentary switch. DPDT (dual pole- dual throw) switches will have 3 connections on them. You attach the power, and negative to two of the poles, and ground the third one (usually the middle). Momentary refers to power going through the switch ONLY when you are pushing it. The internals of the switch will allow you to have the windows operate without a whole lot of problems. You should be able to get a switch at places like Radio Shack, Canadian Tire and so on.

My Ride
    335i

Couldnt find a decent looking one in Walmart, radio shack, or Canadian tire!
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2