Quantcast
New Lightning - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: New Lightning

My Ride
    Dakota ... what? Yes, I know its a truck.

Default New Lightning

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthrea...hreadid=261364

wow .. looks like a lot of auto makers are pulling up their panties and putting out (some performance). I guarantee the pricetag will be well over $50K CDN though
    My Ride
    "Nobody snuggles with Max Power ... you strap yourself in and feel the G's" - Max Power

i dont really want to spend over 50grand on a truck

Originally posted by Hipermax_d
    i dont really want to spend over 50grand on a truck

heh most good powerful trucks are over 50grand =]

The SVT F-150 Lightning concept features a six-speed manual transmission, independent rear suspension and a 500-horsepower supercharged V-8. It is a powerful combination aimed at extending SVT Lightning's supremacy into the future.

6 speed and IRS!? ITS ABOOT FUCKING TIME!!!!!!!!!! Now if only they incorporated those in the current gen, cause this new one looks like the butt ugly lightning rod concept. The package sounds like it'll outperform the SRT-10 around the twisties, but in a drag race I don't know.

WTF is with them putting in 22 inch wheels? Thats so dumb! The SRT-10 has 24 inch i believe too. I wonder how quick brake pads would wear down on those trucks at a night at the track? Manufacturers are taking the "big wheel fad" wayyyy too far.
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

My Ride

Originally posted by Ranger_X31

6 speed and IRS!? ITS ABOOT FUCKING TIME!!!!!!!!!! Now if only they incorporated those in the current gen, cause this new one looks like the butt ugly lightning rod concept. The package sounds like it'll outperform the SRT-10 around the twisties, but in a drag race I don't know.

WTF is with them putting in 22 inch wheels? Thats so dumb! The SRT-10 has 24 inch i believe too. I wonder how quick brake pads would wear down on those trucks at a night at the track? Manufacturers are taking the "big wheel fad" wayyyy too far.
    Couldn't agree more ... the 24" on the SRT-10 are overkill ... I'd figure 18" max would look just right. What size are the rims on the current Lightning?

depending on how heavy that beast is, it'd be a close race b/n the SRT-10 and the SVT... I'd bet on the Ford though myself.

Another surprising fact about it is the all aluminum engine ... block included!? That's pretty cool. I bet its a Cosworth cast, if it is true and if it makes it into production (an interesting side note: all the new Mazdaspeed aluminum engines are Cosworth castings)
    My Ride
    "Nobody snuggles with Max Power ... you strap yourself in and feel the G's" - Max Power

I think the current lightning has 18X8.5 rims.

The all aluminum engine is pretty cool! I thought they would've based something off the current navigator engine.

My Ride

why what's special about the navigator? I've never heard anything about it ... is that the one they're putting the 3 valve head in? with VVT?
    My Ride

Originally posted by 350hp_or_Bust
    why what's special about the navigator? I've never heard anything about it ... is that the one they're putting the 3 valve head in? with VVT?
    For 99 I believe the navigator dropped the triton 5.4 and put in a new intech 5.4. Instead of the 2 valve/cyl SOHC valvetrain, it has a 4 valve/cyl DOHC.

For 1000+ Hp mustangs, the navigator engine is very popular as it has a strong cast iron block and free flowing intake and exhaust.

Since ford could easily bring up the lightning's power output to around 500 hp with this engine, I thought it'd be the choice, as they don't have to spend tons on a whole new engine.