Quantcast
Hydro's/ Airbag suspension - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Hydro's/ Airbag suspension

Default Hydro's/ Airbag suspension

Okay just wondering if anyone in calgary installs and sells airbag suspension? I had airbags on my 1993 cavalier z24 best thing i could ever have done. Now i have another cavalier as project and want to do it again. Of course i paid $700usd for everything when i lived in the usa

Talk to Mad$ella, he has bags on his Mustang, he can hook you up with contact info and such.

My Ride
    Z

I think Millenium Auto Does it!!

Okay i will let you know if they do or not

My Ride
    firebird

My buddy Kev did his S10 on air....he could lay frame on the ground....pretty sweet....PM if you are interested and I'll get you his info.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

Ya let me know

how's the ride on those anyway? is it like stock at stock height and just gets stiffer the lower it gets?
    Mercs

My Ride
    firebird

Its the bounciest ride ever....I dont think it matters where they are.... Not really sporty...more blingy and flashy but if done right it defenitely looks sweet.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    98 V70 T5M

Default Re: Hydro's/ Airbag suspension

Originally posted by lookingforwork
    Okay just wondering if anyone in calgary installs and sells airbag suspension? I had airbags on my 1993 cavalier z24 best thing i could ever have done. Now i have another cavalier as project and want to do it again. Of course i paid $700usd for everything when i lived in the usa
    I just built my own setup. Bought most of the parts from Standens and Greg's. You'd have to get a little creative on a strut setup...no clue if anyone makes a kit for a J-Body though.

Originally posted by mdeleon
    how's the ride on those anyway? is it like stock at stock height and just gets stiffer the lower it gets?
    My Suburban rode like a Caddy. The lower you go, the softer it gets. Think about it, less air pressure = softer ride....well unless the frame hits while you're cruising. The only thing you had to watch out for was t-ing between 2 bags. I had my front and rear independant, but each end was t'd off. So when I'd take a corner, it would load the outside bag and compress it. That air would travel in to the inside bag and inflate it more causing more body roll. Top this off with the fact that I had to pull the sway bar to keep it form binding and you've got one scary vehicle to take corners at speed in. Even better when it was aired out and the sidewall of the tires would hit the fenders, hehe.

But I have to admit, that was likely the most fun vehicle I ever owned.