Quantcast
Concrete Contractors - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Concrete Contractors

Default Concrete Contractors

I need a concrete contractor to fill in 3 foundation piles (12" diameter and 8 ft deep) for my deck construction. Its a pretty small project, but big enough that it isnt worth mixing tons of redi-mix in a wheelbarrow.

Does anyone have anybody that they recommend and who stands by their work?

My Ride
    hearts on fire diamond engagement ring.

i can get it for $5.25 a square plus labour if thats reasonable let me know
    Solid Gino......

My Ride
    EF ZC-T, EK-T, Blazer, EF

Originally posted by itsnotaDUB
    i can get it for $5.25 a square plus labour if thats reasonable let me know
    I don't think you get what he means. I think you would need 3-4 wheel barrols.

It will cost to much to have some come in and do it. the concrete alone from a company(inland) would be 250-300 dollar plus labour. I say you start mixing with those rona bags an do it your self

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

you can rent a mixer for a decent price from most rental places.. (i use deerfot rentals alot of stuff like this... great guys, and the first tank of gas is always free, show you how to use it and make sure you understand before leaving)
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

Is your deck on a walkout lot and how big is it? Those seem like some pretty big ass deck piles to me.
    If you're deck is only a couple of feet off the ground, you only need to get below frost so 4-5ft should be deep enough. 10" diameter max 8" diameter min should also suffice. I've never used the stuff myself but I think you can get bags of concrete where you just add water. Dump the bag into the sonotube or hole, add water and mix and then sit back and wait for it to dry.

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

I calculated out the volume and it works out to only about 1/3 yard (20 bags). So I will probably just do it by hand with a wheelbarrow and a shovel (I can do about 2 bags at a time).

The deck I am building is 12x16 and about 4 ft off the ground. I went down 8 ft because you have to make sure that you get down well into the clay to ensure a proper hold.

Originally posted by frozenrice
    I've never used the stuff myself but I think you can get bags of concrete where you just add water. Dump the bag into the sonotube or hole, add water and mix and then sit back and wait for it to dry.
    You have to properly mix the concrete with the water before putting it into the hole.