Quantcast
WTB:Townhouse or small house - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: WTB:Townhouse or small house

My Ride
    09 CSRT4

Default WTB:Townhouse or small house

My fiance and I are really looking to start purchasing a small house within the next few months. We are thinking more along the lines of a townhouse as a starter home, something with a backyard and a basement. We would like to stay in the SE, DeerRun or Acadia area, also looking at the Kingsland area. Neither one of use have bought a home before so we do not know how much we need to put down or what not. I know there are a few realtors on here that I hope can help us out. We do not want to buy brand new , so something a few years old would be cool.So if anyone who is willing to help us out please feel free to offer your input, as long as you know what you are talking about, thankyou.

I know it's not where you're looking for, but I'm selling my house in Beddington
    www.welist.com/detailed.php?listing=15122

my buddy is selling his house in the NE if your interested

What is your price range?

www.mls.ca

My Ride
    09 CSRT4

Well currently we are paying $870 a month for rent for our two bedroom apartment, so we figure if we could be paying that much a month for a townhouse it would be all the better.And thanks to all who posted about NE,NW places for sale, but we really want to stay in the southeast, southwest.

My Ride
    Pathfinder

there is a place in the NE a freshly reno'd duplex its gorgeous inside my girl and i were gonna get it but shit happened with the bank. they want 152,500

My Ride
    City of Calgary limo service ;-)

Remember that if you are buying a townhouse condo to include condo fees into your budget. They can be really cheep in some of the older buildings or REALLY expensive in some of the new complexes.

There is a condo / townhouse complex at the SE corner of Elbow and Anderson that is quite nice. Older, but it has tennis courts and a pool. Not sure the name of it but there is usually something forsale in there and the condo fees there are CHEEP.

Greg

My Ride
    09 CSRT4

Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
    there is a place in the NE a freshly reno'd duplex its gorgeous inside my girl and i were gonna get it but shit happened with the bank. they want 152,500

Like I have stated several times, we do not want to live in the NE or NW. We might just find a cheaper place to rent for the time being, until we can save up enough for a down payment, the cheapest I have seen on a down payment is $5,000 which is quite a bit of money.Unless someone can tell us exactly what we need, cause we have never bought a home before.

My Ride
    BMW E70

Originally posted by three33

Like I have stated several times, we do not want to live in the NE or NW. We might just find a cheaper place to rent for the time being, until we can save up enough for a down payment, the cheapest I have seen on a down payment is $5,000 which is quite a bit of money.Unless someone can tell us exactly what we need, cause we have never bought a home before.
    I can get you contact information for some mortgage brokers I use who can work out exactly what you would need. You might even qualify for a 0 down mortgage.