Quantcast
any warehouse jobs hiring? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: any warehouse jobs hiring?

My Ride
    '92 RPS13

Default any warehouse jobs hiring?

I'm currently looking for something full time right now, something that pays good (10-20/hr) with overtime and lots of hours (40+ a week) Anyone know of anywhere hiring in these places at the moment? I know some of them require a forklift certificate, so I'll probably need to work somewhere that can supply that for me. Please and thanks!

Heres a website that has quite a few postings:

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/Search_en.asp

My Ride
    car

check pm

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Western Grocers down in the Foothills Industrial area...plenty of hours, they're always hiring and I always got like 12+ everyday
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    99' Civic Si

SYSCO food warehouse, its about $12.50/hour, +$1.05 for every hour u work after 6 pm, and there's an extra $1 an hour I think for working in the freezer.

I just got hired and am finishing my training tonight. You don't need forklift, and they train you on dual pallet jacks. Check it out, it's a little of Barlow, I think 4639 72 ave. but I'm not 100% sure. And you could most likely get some overtime, especially during stampede (I may have to quit around then too since I want to work my old job at Stampede again and I'm going away for 2 weeks afterwards) PM me if u have any ?'s

Do any of these places have graveyard shifts???

My Ride
    99' Civic Si

Originally posted by sl888
    Do any of these places have graveyard shifts???
    OI'm working 5pm-3am, but it's a 24 hour place I believe so I'm sure some people would start later

Hey Singel could you explain some of the stuff you do there and some of the qualifications required to get the job?

My Ride
    99' Civic Si

I don't think the qualification requirements are too tough judging by most of the people that work there. It is actually a fairly formal interview, which is a good experience but is really just to see that you aren't a complete fucktard. You have to do a physical exam, not too long/hard, just to check that you're fit enough to do it.

You'll then have 4 days of training, the first is boring as hell kind of class room crap, but on the second you get to start driving dual pallet jack (long forklifts that don't go up very high), with a little more classroom crap. Then the next 2 days (I finished my 2nd tonight) are doing practice runs with a trainer 9and possible other trainees).

Basically your job is to pick orders. You drive through a large warehouse with a list of items to get, and stack them on your pallets. It's a fairly simple concept, yet fairly complicated at the same time, but the training more than prepares you to do it well. It's not as much heavy lifting as you might have thought, but does require some thinking. But I tihnk it seems like it will be a reasonable enough job, and the shifts should actually fly by fairly fast, with good opportunities for overtime.

I'll probly think of some more shit to tell ya if u get an interview or something so keep me posted

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

hey Singel, do they have full time day positions open?
    also are weekends/nights required?

My Ride
    99' Civic Si

Originally posted by cman
    hey Singel, do they have full time day positions open?
    also are weekends/nights required?
    Tough to say, it sounds like its an older, more stable workforce working days, and they have high job satisfaction at SYSCO so there is very little turnover. Couldn't hurt to call them and ask though. The evening night shifts seem younger/higher turnover, so I think they're pretty much constantly hiring.

I also think the warehouse must do the majority of their work at night, so that the trucks can deliver the products early morning or during the start of the business day when they'd be most needed. Chances are they'd want you for nights, I'm working 4 10 hour shifts/week (Sun, Mon, Wed, Thurs) from about 5pm-3am, but it sounds like often chances/demands for overtime.

As I say I just started there so I don't know everything, but can only assume they're still constantly hiring

Sounds pretty good. For the physical exam what exactly do you have to do? So do you get overtime after 8 hours or is it more than 44 hours per week?

My Ride
    99' Civic Si

Originally posted by sl888
    Sounds pretty good. For the physical exam what exactly do you have to do? So do you get overtime after 8 hours or is it more than 44 hours per week?
    Not sure about overtime yet, I think it would be over 40/week though. I've heard guys talking about having cheques with 15-25 hours, and somtimes even more so it sounds like a good chance to make extra $$

As far as the physical exam goes there is a urine test , but I don't even think it's for drugs (it easily could be though too) it seemed like just a way to test for blood, sugar, protein, etc. to make sure they're at the right level and tha you're healthy. So make sure you drink a fair amount before the test so you can get it over with right at the start. I drank too much and had to go b4 the testing started, so I was just slamming down water for the rest of the hour.

Then there's just some physical activities so they can monitor your heart rate/blood pressure. Not too hard, just walking up/down a step for a couple minutes, a deadlift (not too heavy), flexibility tests, core strength tests (bridges), an eye test and a simulation where you move like 20 things off a pallet onto a shelf, and back again in a certain amount of time.

So its not too bad, takes about an hour, not sure if you get paid or not

My Ride
    Eclipse

PMed
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    74 Nova-92 RMW-08 Aura XR-94 Sierra

I know Safeway warehouse between Macloed and Blackfoot are hiring. (the one on the Macloed side of Autotemp) I think it was over $12/hr. If you drive by it there is a big sign with all the info.
    2008 Saturn Aura XR- 3.6L 6spd Modded on 20's
    1994 GMC Sierra Z71 RC/SB 5spd Lifted on 33's
    1992 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon-"Got Wood?"
    1974 Chevy Nova 406ci Never ending project!
    2013 Hyundai Veloster 'Sublime Detail' Company car
    & Many More...

Singel - after reading your post I applied ay Sysco yesterday (monday) and I am having an interview tmr (Wed.) can you please tell me what questions they ask you so I can be prepare. Not like how I blew my FedEx interview last month. Thanks! BTW, what is your real name incase they ask for referrals.

My Ride
    99' Civic Si

I can't really even remember the interview too well now, even though it was only a month ago. It wasn't very hard though, pretty much just standard interview questions. The only one that got me a little bit was "What do you need to improve about yourself", or something along those lines, and I just didn't have an answer because I'm perfect Actually now I can remember a few..."What do you know about Sysco?" "Why do you want to work at Sysco", "Can you work nights/overtime when needed (which is always)", "Have you ever had to meet tight deadlines" or something like that.

They desperate for people so I don't think they're going to betoo picky, just so long as your physically and mentally capable of the job

My Ride
    Eclipse

Just faxed my application a minute ago,

What are the answers LOL

No idea what Sysco is LOL
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

i know pepsi is hiring in the warehouse, i think it starts at $12 an hour. go on the website albert. www.pbg.com

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

Singel - thanks! now I need to read the history of Sysco. Thanks a lot!

one more question, do we know if we are hire right away, or do they have to be fancy and inform you through snail mail? also will I be doing the physcial/urine exam that day? or is it done on anotehr day?
    Last edited by maplelodge; 06-14-2005 at 08:15 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast