Quantcast
Blue Jays Discussion Thread - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Jays Discussion Thread

Some more rumours....

Jays like Wilkerson
    December 11
    Fort Worth Star-Telegram (scroll down) (registration required): "The Toronto Blue Jays are high on Brad Wilkerson, acquired in the deal that sent Alfonso Soriano to Washington, and could offer Ted Lilly in return. But the Rangers appear reluctant to deal Wilkerson."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rangers may have to deal for starter
    December 11
    Dallas Morning News (scroll down) (registration required): "Daniels also said he remains confident the club will be able to add a starting pitcher via a trade, which probably would mean dealing outfielder Brad Wilkerson or Kevin Mench. The Rangers have had in-depth discussions with several teams, including Toronto, San Diego, Baltimore, the Los Angeles Dodgers and Chicago Cubs."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Search for closer continues
    December 10
    Atlanta Journal-Constitution (scroll down) (registration required): "The Braves have talked to the Devil Rays about Danys Baez and Toronto about Miguel Batista."

Winners and losers at baseball's shopping mall
    December 10
    Bergen Record (registration required): "The Jays still have pitching to trade, and they need to land another bat - possibly the Dodgers' Milton Bradley."

Texas outfield
    December 9
    Toronto Sun: "The Rangers would like to obtain both reliever Miguel Batista and second baseman Orlando Hudson while giving up outfielder Kevin Mench, who long has been sought by the Jays...Talks could expand to see the Jays add Alexis Rios and receive outfielder Brad Wilkerson in return."

Trading the O-Dog would be a mistake for Jays
    December 9
    Toronto Sun: "Blue Jays general manager J.P. Ricciardi has long carried a torch for an outfielder, now with the Texas Rangers, named Brad Wilkerson. To get him, Ricciardi is contemplating shedding second-baseman Orlando Hudson, the most attention-grabbing player on the roster now that Miguel Batista is no longer the closer."

Jays not done shopping
    December 9
    Toronto Star (scroll down) (registration required): "(Jays GM J.P. Ricciardi) continues to pursue free agents Nomar Garciaparra and Reggie Sanders and hopes to very shortly deal for Brad Wilkerson, despite his trade to Texas for Alfonso Soriano on Wednesday... The Baltimore Orioles, believe it or not, have also expressed interest in filling their first base vacancy with Eric Hinske."

Clubs approach Rangers after deal
    December 9
    Dallas Morning News (registration required): " Wilkerson, who is scheduled to take a physical on Monday to finalize the trade, could be dealt to another club. It could also make it easier for the Rangers to part with Kevin Mench. Teams have also called about Laynce Nix and Sledge."

Rangers target pitching
    December 9
    Fort Worth Star-Telegram (registration required): "The Rangers spent the last day of the winter meetings making their best offer to pitcher Matt Morris and gauging the level of interest in their outfielders... The Toronto Blue Jays have a strong opinion of Wilkerson, but have cooled on Mench."

Could be quite a catch
    December 9
    Los Angeles Daily News: "The Dodgers are close to signing free-agent catcher Sandy Alomar Jr. to a one-year contract... Meanwhile, in his effort to bolster the Dodgers starting rotation, Colletti has turned his attention at least partly to Toronto right-hander Miguel Batista."

Cubs, Jays chasing Bradley
    December 9
    New York Post (scroll down) (registration required): "There were a few developments in the Milton Bradley Saga yesterday but didn't involve the Yankees. The Cubs and Dodgers were moving toward a deal for the volatile center fielder when the Blue Jays jumped in offered pitcher Miguel Batista."

O's Unable to Seal Deals
    December 9
    Washington Post (scroll down) (registration required): "There have been some talks of sending catcher Javy Lopez to the Toronto Blue Jays for pitcher Miguel Batista and third baseman Eric Hinske, but neither team seems prepared to get serious about the deal any time soon."

I like the idea of getting rid of lilly, batista and hinske. Would be nice to see Javy Lopez behind the plate, as much as I loved Zauns play last year, hes not a No. 1 guy and I dont think hes gonna have another career year. I hope the Jays realy go after Wilkerson and dont just settle for Mench. I wonder where Garciaparra would go if he came, would be nice to see him back into the shape he was in a few years ago up with the Jeter's and Rodriguez.

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

GO BOX SOX!! Hahaha!!

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

i'd love to see garciaparra in a jays uni, kick out the defensive hole called adams, but that leave aaron hill without duties.

So many possibilities...I just hope they dont give up Hudson, or expecially Rios...

My Ride

I can see Rios getting better and better, but I think Hudson has already reached his peak. While his defense is great and has saved many games, 1-way infielders are less valuable than a five tool star like Rios.

^ Agree with you, Rios is a much bigger asset than O-Hud

They better keep Hudson... his defensive plays alone are enough to keep him in the lineup

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

rios can hit for big power, in batting practice he routinely swats them into what was once delgado territory. he'll develop the power in game soon enough, for now im happy with him hitting for a good average and having his cannon of an arm

My Ride

I heard speculation on ESPN that Toronto is the front runner in getting Troy Glaus from the Diamondbacks for Hudson and Batista, but its depenadant on if Glaus waives his no trade clause. Glaus is good but dont we have like 5 3B already. I guess the team would be one step closer to being all white as well now.

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Originally posted by 5hift
    I guess the team would be one step closer to being all white as well now.
    Haha, I never noticed that before. I guess that's their problem

Glauss would be a good pickup but I'm not sure he's exactly what the Jays need right now. I like Koskie at 3B and there's definitely other areas that could use the talent... like their pitching staff... more!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Glaus is a Jay pending physical on monday...Glus and aprospect for hudson and batista....thouugh iI love they finally have a true cleaniup hitter....what happens to overbay/hillenbrand/hinske/koskie.....overbay at first and glaus will likely be DH/1b cuz he is fragile.....i mena they stil need a left fielder....but at least they got some solid pop now...wells/hillenbrand/glaus/overbay......I woner who will play second ...

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

hill will play second, and we forget, what will happen to hillenbrand now...no where for him to play. overbay/hinske at first, hill at second, mr crappy fielder adams at short, glaus/koskie at third. that basically leaves 3 dh's...someone's going, hopefully hinkse, but hillenbrand will unfortunately probably be on his way out too
    Last edited by habsfan; 12-23-2005 at 07:43 PM.

My Ride

Yeah HockeyBronx, they are all white but its ok with me I'm still a Jay fan.

With this logjam of corner infielders Toronto has now, expect a few small trades because they have other positions they need to fill out.

My Ride

how about Hinske, Adams and Koskie for Tejada? Doesnt he want to move anyways.

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

that would be a helluva trade, but i dont see it happening as im pretty sure the jays have all but exhausted their payroll. would be so sweet though...

sounds like koskie will be relegated to DH, even though his fielding is better than glaus'. guess you gotta give a little to get a 30+ hr guy

on another note, i'll be going to 12 games at least this year

My Ride
    pair of adiDAs

they should trade koskie instead of hillenbrand, i think he and catalanto is our best hitters.

but glaus is going to be a good power hitter. last year after the surgery he wasn't allowed to work out on his upper body and he still managed to hit 30+ homers this summer he's been workin hard on his upper body so he could be well into the 40 mark.

just hope vernon can have a season like 2 years ago.

My Ride
    1994 Civic Hatch

Originally posted by hockeybronx

Haha, I never noticed that before. I guess that's their problem

Glauss would be a good pickup but I'm not sure he's exactly what the Jays need right now. I like Koskie at 3B and there's definitely other areas that could use the talent... like their pitching staff... more!
    Our bullpen is stacked, our rotation is very strong, we don't need pitching.

With Glaus we finally get a bonafide 30-40 home run 100+ RBI guy, and if he stays healthy his reach and defensive ability is as good as anyones. He didn't win the 2002 World Series MVP solely because he mashed in a few runs.
    B16, Alaniz Head, Toda C's, Hondata

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

glaus to toronto will be ok, i would have preferred to see the power come from a fielder, but really no matter what position player we sign, we'll have a surplus of players and someone will have to be dealt. its too bad that hinske makes so much money, he's pretty much impossible to deal now, same with koskie.

i dont like this deal at all

wouldve liked to have kept the o-dogg

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast