Quantcast
Blue Jays Discussion Thread - Page 29 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19 28 29 30 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Jays Discussion Thread

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

our pitching is a bloody mess right now...towers has pitched quite well in the minors so hopefully he bounces back. taubenheim moved to the bullpen and chulk sent back down to syracuse. the reason they called towers back up was because lilly requested an extra day off due to a sore shoulder! he finally start pitching solid and he's borderline injured? FUCK US!! the halfway point of the season is starting to creep up on us, and we haven't had a solid 5 man rotation once...in some ways i can't believe we're only 3 games back.

on another note, wtf is up with glaus lately...he's slumping hardcore. his average is down to .251. he's not the only one either, our entire offence has been garbage for a little over a week now...i'm so frustrated, we really need to bounce back against atlanta.

My Ride
    1998 Honda Civic Si

ya we need to bounce back big time, atlanta is just the team too they may be playing worse than us laitley. they have been slumping big time and we need to take advantage of that in a big way.
    we need our starters all to get healthy and now! it was frustrating at the begining of the year but i figured it would all work it self out. now its just fucking stupid.

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

i'm so sick of the screwups from this team...watching the game tonight. josh towers comes back from AAA and pitches really well. gives up only 1 run thru 5, but in the fifth allows a run and then gets runners on first and second, 1 out. gibbons pulls him for some reason rather than let him battle thru it, which i thought was a terrible idea. well guess what, useless scott downs comes in and blows it, turns a 4-2 lead into a 4-4 tie thanks in large part to a wild pitch by downs...he hasn't impressed me once this season. even with all the troubles towers went thru early in the season, i still have some faith in his abilities as shown tonight. downs however...

/rant

edit: reopen rant
    ok so we score a run in the top of the 7th and retake the lead 5-4...awesome
    and so aaron hill comes in in the 7th defensively, makes an error to allow a guy to get on first instead of what should have been a routine out. well again, what do you know, rentereia hits a double to scrore the run. 5-5...awesome...these stupid fucking screwups need to stop if the jays want to be around in october.

/rant x2
    Last edited by habsfan; 06-20-2006 at 08:04 PM.

My Ride
    1998 Honda Civic Si

well the good thing is they came back both times that game and got the win. a nice win actually overcoming some of that crapy play.

and tonight came out and hit the ball well, i dont even want to say this but i no were all thinking it, sweep????? god we need it now more than ever after getting our asses handed to us by florida.

either way 2 solid wins which we desperatley needed,

just need to play solid and get rid of all the dumb mistakes, someof which i blame on gibbons, sometimes u have to let the starters finish of an inning, he is quick to yank his pitcers sometimes.

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

i'm liking the possibility of a sweep, burnett is back tonight and he'll be pumped up and ready...i think this could be it

My Ride
    1998 Honda Civic Si

well burnett is throwing really well, has 5 k's through 3 innings, and is throwing hard. hitting 97 on the radar gun. now all he needs is a little run support.
    kind of scared me when he got smoked by that lie drive but he seemed to get his glove on it a bit to protect himself. appears all good.

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

well pitched game by burnett tonight, 2 runs against that probably shouldn't have happened. glad he isn't getting the loss, deserves the win but what ya gonna do.

My Ride
    1998 Honda Civic Si

ya and the win is all that matters, he gave an awsome start which we needed. now we need BJ to close this one down and we got our selves a very important win.

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

holy fuck a sweep!!! barely...bj almost blew that one, but big comeback win.
    Last edited by habsfan; 06-22-2006 at 09:06 PM.

My Ride
    1998 Honda Civic Si

HOLLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i thought they were gona tie it up there in the 9th, but a good win, not a lot of offence, at all, how many times did we leave the bases loaded, 2 at least. but a good win

SSWWEEEPPPPPP, FINALLY!!

My Ride
    1998 Honda Civic Si

well we did not look to good against the mets over the last 3 games. doc pitched great but other than that and wells having to jacks it wasnt good.

towers looked like his old self giving up runs like nothing else, u no u suck when u have like a 7 something era and it goes up. wow.

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

i'm getting so frustrated now...even if we win 2 of 3, sweep, no matter what we've done in the past 2 weeks or so, we've fallen back because boston keeps on fucking winning, 9 in a row now i think. 4.5 games back now! we were 1 game back before! i really think we're going to have a hard time putting together a run like we need to get into the playoffs with our pitching. we'll get solid starts from halladay, burnett, and most of the time lilly. so even if we get wins from those 3, janssen and towers are both pitching like crap so we'll never go on a win streak as long as they can't win a game.

Yeah, Janssen's lost the stuff for the last few starts. When is Chacin coming back? We NEED to send Towers back down to AAA.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Who knew at the beginning of the season that if the Jays don't make postseason it would be due to their abysmal record in interleague play?

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

chacin is out until august

we've been absolutely rocked in interleague save for the sweep against atlanta...better hope for a good run after the allstar break and a little luck on the way.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by habsfan
    chacin is out until august

we've been absolutely rocked in interleague save for the sweep against atlanta...better hope for a good run after the allstar break and a little luck on the way.
    Alot of luck or a Boston slump which looks unlikely.

It looks like the Jays just picked the wrong year to become a good team. Boston never loses and the with Chicago & Detroit playing over .600 baseball 2nd place there will assuredly take the wildcard.

I dunno, Detroit could still be in for a slump after the AS break. If we want any chance of making a run, we need our player healthy first.

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

oh fuck ya, what a performance from burnett tonight...this is why we're paying him the big bucks. complete game shutout, 7 Ks, only 2 nationals reached 2nd base...only 92 pitches, 70 for strikes and hit 97 on the radar gun...shit he's fun to watch when he's on. oh and his ERA dropped from 5.06 to 3.24

unfortunately those motherfucking redsox beat the mets to win their 10th game in a fucking row

^^

But at least with AJ playing this well it's a good sign for us to make some ground on at least the Yankees. But omg Burnett's command today was unreal. He looked like a 97mph throwing Halladay.

My Ride
    Dads 2001 Sentra

No way he was throwing better then Halladay!!! Halladay is a great pitcher but he's not a strikeout pitcher he usually tests batters.

I'm hoping for a Sweep we need it badly and Boston is friggen pissin me off too!!! Against the Phillies two of their wins were walk off wins, both by that damn bastard Big Papi!!!

Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19 28 29 30 39 ... LastLast