Quantcast
Used Car Dealership - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Used Car Dealership

Default Used Car Dealership

Any good used car dealerships in the Calgary area that have a good selection of used veichles with nice sales people and decent prices?
    I know its a long shot to assume one USED car dealership has those qualities but im looking for a car and just need to see what i like in person.

Thanx

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Default Re: Used Car Dealership

Originally posted by Nalgene
    Any good used car dealerships in the Calgary area that have a good selection of used veichles with nice sales people and decent prices?
    I know its a long shot to assume one USED car dealership has those qualities but im looking for a car and just need to see what i like in person.

Thanx
    9th Avenue Auto in Inglewood is the best as far as I'm concerned.

^^^ if youre being sarcastic like i hope you are, ill be as well and say hotwheels

My Ride
    2G Talon

I'm a salesman for Eastside Dodge and I am a nice guy. We have one of the best selections and I will work deals for fellow beyonder's. PM if you would like more info.

Originally posted by RUQUIKR
    I'm a salesman for Eastside Dodge and I am a nice guy. We have one of the best selections and I will work deals for fellow beyonder's. PM if you would like more info.
    yeah for sure. Im not looking to buy now... hopefully by the end of summer, early fall. pm'd
    It seems liek the Hyundai dealerships hae lots of used cars. How are they?

I have been a member of this forum for a few months now and im envying the meets, wouldnt mind coming... just need to get a nice car first.
    Last edited by Nalgene; 07-02-2005 at 03:17 PM.

My Ride
    2G Talon

There are alot of reasonable dealers in Calgary and a few shady ones. Stay to the bigger dealers and you will have less problems. I got your PM also.

There are alot of reasonable dealers in Calgary and a few shady ones. Stay to the bigger dealers and you will have less problems. I got your PM also.

Yeah the big dealers never screw anyone. How many deposits do you guys keep in a year??

If you are buying used try and buy a private deal,Most of the "bog" dealers used car are leaseback and rental POS.

My Ride
    2G Talon

Originally posted by 69cougar

Yeah the big dealers never screw anyone. How many deposits do you guys keep in a year??

If you are buying used try and buy a private deal,Most of the "bog" dealers used car are leaseback and rental POS.
    As far as keeping deposits goes, it says right on the contract that you must sign in three different spots, that the deposit is non-refundable unless we are unable to finance you. All I have to say is don't put a deposit on a vehicle you don't want and you won't have a problem. If you want to buy privately feel free but you have way more to deal with. You must do your lien checks, the vehicle has not been through a safety and if blows up the next day your fuct. Where as a dealer safety's the vehicle, does the lien search and you have AMVIC law on your side. Pretty black and white if you ask me.

My Ride
    2G Talon

dealers used car are leaseback and rental POS.
    Whats wrong with leasebacks? They HAVE to be serviced regularly, anything in the drivetrain that needs fixing is taken care of immediatly because it is under warranty and they have to stay under 25,000km a year. Your saying you would rather buy a used car that MAY have been serviced , has no record of service, and has only had parts fixed when totally neccessary. I don't know to many people who replace parts until the are totalled unless it is covered by warranty.

Buying privately does not offer financing... which I need so i realy have no choice. And plus hopefully ill be buying a newer used with a sizeable downpayment, so i wont have to worry about the parts wearing out and such as much.
    The Power of Dreams

As far as keeping deposits goes, it says right on the contract that you must sign in three different spots, that the deposit is non-refundable unless we are unable to finance you. All I have to say is don't put a deposit on a vehicle you don't want and you won't have a problem. If you want to buy privately feel free but you have way more to deal with. You must do your lien checks, the vehicle has not been through a safety and if blows up the next day your fuct. Where as a dealer safety's the vehicle, does the lien search and you have AMVIC law on your side. Pretty black and white if you ask me.
    I will not paint you with a brush. You are 100% right about what the contract states BUT how many salespeople tell the people we need a deposit to do a credit check or your deposit is refundable no problem. People are told all kinds of shit by sales people and unfortunatly they do not read what they sign. I know that is there own fault but a lot of salespeople pray on that weakness. Pretty shallow if you ask me.

Whats wrong with leasebacks? They HAVE to be serviced regularly, anything in the drivetrain that needs fixing is taken care of immediatly because it is under warranty and they have to stay under 25,000km a year. Your saying you would rather buy a used car that MAY have been serviced , has no record of service, and has only had parts fixed when totally neccessary. I don't know to many people who replace parts until the are totalled unless it is covered by warranty.
    Leasebacks have no provision that you have to prove they are serviced. It is expected but it is not investigated or enforced. The mileage depends on the kind of lease you have but more important to me is the way people drive leased vehicles. They bag them which may not show any immediate damage but can be the start of a problem that will turn up in time.

Buying privately does not offer financing... which I need so i realy have no choice. And plus hopefully ill be buying a newer used with a sizeable downpayment, so i wont have to worry about the parts wearing out and such as much.
    Depending on the year and mileage on what you buy it may not meet the dealerships critera for special financing rates. The best you can do if available is get it on a line of credit. If you have a good down payment and credit why not buy new @ 0%??

Depending on the year and mileage on what you buy it may not meet the dealerships critera for special financing rates. The best you can do if available is get it on a line of credit. If you have a good down payment and credit why not buy new @ 0%??
    I would but you loose so much money when you drive it off the lot. So you mine as well just buy used to not get dinged a couple thousand.

I would but you loose so much money when you drive it off the lot. So you mine as well just buy used to not get dinged a couple thousand.
    again you are right but every car depreciates. I guess it depends on the dollar value and every one would be case by case. Still better to pay some extra in depreciation and have brand new IMO as appose to saving some depreciation and chancing the vehicle history.

As well dealerships make their biggest coin of mark up on used. Depending on the vehicle dealer profit on new is from $400 to $2500. On used it is ususally minimum $3000 and up.
    Last edited by 69cougar; 01-01-2007 at 02:06 PM.

My Ride
    K20A3

daddy works at courtesy chrysler let me know what you want and ill ask him what hes got on the lot
    Last edited by d-UNiT; 07-03-2005 at 09:40 PM.

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

hahaha, i remember the cars from east side. So how many are just beat to shit auction cars?

again you are right but every car depreciates. I guess it depends on the dollar value and every one would be case by case. Still better to pay some extra in depreciation and have brand new IMO as appose to saving some depreciation and chancing the vehicle history.

As well dealerships make their biggest coin of mark up on used. Depending on the vehicle dealer profit on new is from $400 to $2500. On used it is ususally minimum $3000 and up.

But I really dislike the big dealers so I guess I could say I am bias
    True enough, true enough...
    I am still deciding. I could get a brand new car or a newer used...
    But at the same time my mom is saying it would be a better investment to buy real estate. I have no idea. The whole house thing is getting into a whole different story.
    I still have time to think.. seeing as I want to save up a little more before I buy.

True enough, true enough...
    I am still deciding. I could get a brand new car or a newer used...
    But at the same time my mom is saying it would be a better investment to buy real estate. I have no idea. The whole house thing is getting into a whole different story.
    I still have time to think.. seeing as I want to save up a little more before I buy.
    Well you have got a big problem here. If you think buying a car is an investment you are way wrong. If you could drop the coin for an Enzo or pick up a domestic muscle car cheap you could make some moner.

If you are looking to make money then yeah mom is right get some real estate and buy a cheap beater.

I love rides but they come and go and they never make you money as I am sure many members at beyond can tell you.

Good luck

Originally posted by ryder_23

hahaha, i remember the cars from east side. So how many are just beat to shit auction cars?

oh i do relize that its not an investment that will make you money. I am leaning towards a car, because lets face it...in Calgary you need a car to get around. I know we have public transit... but its just not as good as it should be.
    I think I will end up buying a car...may even end up buying new. I have time to decide.
    Now the question becomes which car... haha
    The Power of Dreams

My Ride
    1992.5 Toyota Supra Turbo US Model with Toyota Nav

most people i know buy from double l motors and the place accross the street. on 9 th ave in inglewood. good sales there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast