Quantcast
Laptop Fixing - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Laptop Fixing

Default Laptop Fixing

Anyone recomend a place to get a laptop fixed? I bought it from Future Shop originally couple years ago. Are they good? Need XP installed/hard drive formated and wireless card installed/fixed.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

what kind of laptop is it? like brand? I would never ever recomend anyone go to Futureshop to get their anything fixed, they will return it in worse shape. If its an IBM or a Toshiba go to Compusmart, IBM parts are in overnight and Toshiba parts are either overnigth or second day. Toshiba and IBM are fixed on site as they are an authorized Toshiba and IBM repair centre. If its a compaq or anything like that can also take it to compusmart but they usually send it out to the manufacturer for them to fix it and then send back. If its just the windows reinstall and all that crap compusmart will do it for you right there as well. Any hardware related stuff may need to be sent to the manufacturer

I'll do all that for 50 bucks. Just bring it to my house. PM me for contact if you want.

My Ride
    Pimp Mobile

Originally posted by sabad66
    I'll do all that for 50 bucks. Just bring it to my house. PM me for contact if you want.
    40 jokes i would do it for free if i know ya, well its really not that hard, just boot ur laptop with the xp install disc in the drive and voila it will do EVERYTHING itself...or if you have the system restore cd set that came with your laptop, boot your laptop with disc1 in the drive and poof your rerformatted and your laptop is like it was when ya bought it no reason to waste money

AcuraTl

Originally posted by eblend
    what kind of laptop is it? like brand? I would never ever recomend anyone go to Futureshop to get their anything fixed, they will return it in worse shape. If its an IBM or a Toshiba go to Compusmart, IBM parts are in overnight and Toshiba parts are either overnigth or second day. Toshiba and IBM are fixed on site as they are an authorized Toshiba and IBM repair centre. If its a compaq or anything like that can also take it to compusmart but they usually send it out to the manufacturer for them to fix it and then send back. If its just the windows reinstall and all that crap compusmart will do it for you right there as well. Any hardware related stuff may need to be sent to the manufacturer
    Word to what eblend said...