Quantcast
How to quit job? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: How to quit job?

Default How to quit job?

I'm just wondering how would i quit my current job at safeway?

Do i just go and tell the manager i don't want to work there anymore?

^^ Yup thats the best thing to do , if you have been working over a year give them 2 weeks , or if under a year , just give them a weeks notice and thats that... But if you dont want to talk to anyone , just write a letter.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

What safeway # do you work at heh
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Or if u really dont like working there... wait till ur manager is talking to a customer and walk up and be liek FUCK THIS I QUIT, and throw ur apron *if u wear one* on the ground and leave* .

Quite effective.

My Ride
    (s13 p.o.s 3years +) 97 pathfinder

spit in his face....sleep wit his wife n make her say....my husband is gay

My Ride
    525it/XC90/V70R

^^ lol. Probably not a good idea, since you next employer will probably want references, and having a bad reference wouldn't be in your best interest.

You could do that, but obviously you'd have to leave safeway out as a reference. And in the hiring process, having a gap on your resume isn't a good thing, unless you can think of something else for why theres a gap.

Always give 2 weeks notice, and a very nice, complimenting, letter of resignation. Bite your tongue if you have to, but its always good to leave having the employer think that you are leaving for good reasons.

My Ride
    FA20

haah i still remember the thread u made a while back askin all types of questions when u jus started for safeway...

Originally posted by sullygully
    ^^ lol. Probably not a good idea, since you next employer will probably want references, and having a bad reference wouldn't be in your best interest.

You could do that, but obviously you'd have to leave safeway out as a reference. And in the hiring process, having a gap on your resume isn't a good thing, unless you can think of something else for why theres a gap.

Always give 2 weeks notice, and a very nice, complimenting, letter of resignation. Bite your tongue if you have to, but its always good to leave having the employer think that you are leaving for good reasons.
    Screw that, I'd put Safeway in as a spot of employement, I just wouldn't give any references to Managers at safeway, maybe colleges*sp* but not anyone high up. If the next employer asks why, you say u didn't have a good relation with that manager, didn't want to continue work and he agree'd quickly and you didn't put him as a reference because of possible personal opinions, not your work relations and accountability.

My Ride
    CRF 250L

Your previous employer cannot say anything bad about you by law, even if it is the truth.
    TRUTH: it's the new hate speech.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - Orwell

My Ride
    525it/XC90/V70R

^^ true, but they are aloud to say that they feel they are not rehireable. And those two words will kill any chance you have when looking for a decent job.