Quantcast
Nissan 240SX Injury Accident - Country Hills - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan 240SX Injury Accident - Country Hills

Originally posted by BubbaSTi
    I don't think most people on Beyond would treat him like that. I mean the guy had an "accident". The word says it all. He didn't crash the car on purpose. In the end, it is just a material item that can be replaced.

If he does come back, it would be kinda neat if he were able to recall what happened.
    Yeah, I said early on in this post that inexperience at his age and a fast car had probably a lot ot do with this accident, regardless of what he was doing at the time. I've wrecked them too when I was a kid. Hopefully he'll learn his lesson from it. If anything he knows where his line is now because he's crossed it. Next time he'll have a better idea of how to react in a similar situation or how to avoid doign it at all.

As for people giving him crap if/when he decides to come back here, well they would be dicks in doing so. Shit happens, we know it, he knows, he learned it the hard way, but it's still a lesson.

My Ride
    It's held together by zip ties

does anyone know how he is doing yet? he has to have a friend on here.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Bump, does anyone know how he's doing? I haven't heard anything in almost a month...

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

Okay i talked to his mom about 2 weeks ago but forgot about this thread until now.
    She said that he had just been taken out of the ICU after 8 surgeries and having all his broken bones re-set and casted.
    they expect him to be in there much longer but he is as functional as one can expect. a long road of recovery ahead of him.

All the best to this guy!

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Good to hear he's still hangin in there. Recovery from that sort of thing is tough, I'm sure.

Atleast hes slowly recovering.

I know alot of you guys goto the impound auctions, anyone seen the car yet??

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by cman
    Okay i talked to his mom about 2 weeks ago but forgot about this thread until now.
    She said that he had just been taken out of the ICU after 8 surgeries and having all his broken bones re-set and casted.
    they expect him to be in there much longer but he is as functional as one can expect. a long road of recovery ahead of him.
    Holly shit I really wish him a speedy recovery.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    GTI

Maybe we should send some kind of beyond.ca care package, can he move his arms at all?

My Ride
    Pimp Mobile

Originally posted by Hakkola
    Maybe we should send some kind of beyond.ca care package, can he move his arms at all?
    we should include a lanyard!

My Ride
    03' B6

Hes doin really good actually, i saw him last saturday, and 6 weeks ago he broke his left arm along with other broken bones, but he is able to move his arm and squeeze his hand tight,

he lost some weight, but he is starting to eat solid foods now

hes still going t obe hospital for a long time, i would have to say at least 4-6 months due to his legs and pelvis,

hes getting constant treatment everyday along with physio and thanks to the many people posting there concerns and get wells, he really appreciate its, and good positive comments will make him stronger

does anyone have any pictures of the car after the accident by any chance?

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

Originally posted by Hakkola
    good idea, i could give it to his mom, or Jerms seems to know him and could drop itoff.

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by AcuraTl

we should include a lanyard!
    Cold as ice!

Man, if I was stuck in a hospital for so long I'd want some comic books and and novels and stuff for sure. Hell, even pay for a few days of t.v rental or something, if i remember correctly you have to pay like $10 a day for t.v, wouldn't wanna pay for that for 6 months.

Being in the hospital sucks, should give him some stuff so the time goes by a little faster.

Someone bring a laptop with WiFi and let him surf around, I'd enjoy that and know a bunch of others who would too.

My Ride
    GTI

Are you allowed to access that in a hospital? I'd be surprised if it isn't considered the same as using a cell phone in there.

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

I just thought i'd update this thread.

Yes this was my car and i was driving it at the time.
    I have no recollection of the accident, and everything i know has been told to me by those who witnessed it.
    I was following a friend on my way home and we were both doing approximatly 80kmh in a marked 60kmh zone. At some point, my car passed throug a puddle on the road, and hydroplaned out of control.
    Due to the extremely wet road conditions, and my lack of driving experience, i was unable to regain control of the vehicle.
    The car did at least one Full 360, possibily more, and struck the curb perpindicular to the drivers door, and then struck a light post directly on the drivers door.
    The car was basically wrapped around the pole. A friend who was driving infront of me pulled over, and called 911.
    It took EMS crews about an hour to free me from the car, and they had to remove both doors and the roof.

I was airlifted to foothills ICU, unconcious, with compound fractures in my left femur(sp?) as well as nerve damage to the left leg, a fracture in the right femur, a broken pelvis, and a fracture in my left arm. There was a hairline fracture in one of my neck vertabrae, but no head injuries.
    On the flight to foothills, EMS was unable to stabalize me and had to rip open my chest/sternum.
    I was on life support for 8 days, and wasn't expected to make it, but somehow managed to pull through the worst.

I spent 3 weeks in a drug induced coma, and was initially not responding to external stimulus (such as people talking to me, etc.) I finally awoke and spent another week in ICU.
    Following that, i spent 4 weeks in the Trauma ward, recovering better than expected.
    I'm currently at a rehab facillity trying to get control of my body once again, and hopefully soon be able to walk again.
    Doctors have said i'll be making a full recovery, so i guess all it will take now is time.

As Jerms said, i really appreciate all the thought and positive comments from everyone.
    Thank you.
    -Darren.
    Last edited by XylathaneGTR; 09-27-2005 at 10:42 PM.
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

^^^ Good to see you posting. Best of luck with the rest of your recovery.

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

wow man, I hope everything works out for the best..
    Glad to see your 'with it' and able to post here.

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

welcome back man.
    good to hear your progress is much better than the "experts" anticipated.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Wow sounds like your lucky to be alive!
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast