Quantcast
kid scratches my car with b-ball then tells me off - what to do? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: kid scratches my car with b-ball then tells me off - what to do?

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Fucking disrespect... I hate it when people are like that.
    I caught some kid sitting on the hood of my car one day, I got the same attitude from him as you got from your neighbor. Except in my case, he had a car, which was much nicer than mine, so up on his hood I went.... He got off quickly (I had my work pants on, and tons of stuff in my pockets )

I dunno what all you can do that won't cause a retaliation. The last thing you want is to stay up at night watching your car in case this idiot decides to fuck with it in the night.

Odds are the police won't care. Needs to be a pretty expensive repair before they will get involved in an issue of this sort. It's a bit too small for small claims court, but it might be worth a try just to drive the point home. Remember, the loser pays the court costs (~$110) ontop of the judgement. In a case like this, if you kept your cool with him you would be fine.
    Other than that, try talking to the husband if you can, but be reasonable. If some guy came over to my house yelling and screaming I don't care what my kid had done, I would straighten him out (I don't have kids, but you get my point).
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

for $20.00, I know someone who can be over there within the hour to steal the kid's basketball net. PM address.

Originally posted by ugotahondaeh?
    for $20.00, I know someone who can be over there within the hour to steal the kid's basketball net. PM address.
    unfortunately the net is mounted into the ground with cement. maybe a saw would do it but will take a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    Highlander

We had this exact problem with our neighbours. We parked our vehicle (a minivan at the time) in our driveway. The neighbour kids used to play soccer in the front yard and use our driveway (with the vehicle parked in it) as their goal. So you get the picture...everytime they score a goal, our van got it with a soccer ball. My dad asked them to stop and they didnt, so he finally went over to talk to their dad. Their dad was somewhat intimidated by my father, so he had to talk to the mom instead. Considering how mad he was that these children were never tought respect, he maintained his cool pretty well while telling the story to her. She ACTUALLY said "My kids wouldn't do that. I know they use the boarder of the yard as their goal, but they wouldn't hit your car on purpose. You need to stop being so anal retentive about your vehicle" (yes, she actually called my 6,4' 265 pound father anal rententive) Not able to say or do much else after that, he took matters into his own hands.

At the time of this, my brother and I played alot of basketball but we always played at the park or at school. Dad went out and bought us a basketball net and told us to play all we wanted to. Occasionally, we'd hit their car which was parked next to where we played. They'd see this and come sit out on their step trying to intimidate us or something. Dad used to keep somewhat of an eye on our games and if they came out, dad came to play with us. He wasnt a bad player, but he would act like one and mess up some shots to hit the car. If the woman said anything, dad would ask her to stop being so anal retentive.

She got pretty nasty after that, even called the police on my 17th birthday (which was a bunch of us throwing a football around listening to some music playing from inside the house) at 7:30 in the evening. The cops came and threatened us and when my parents got home and we told them what had happened, dad pulled the basketball net out into the street and got a huge game going with all the kids at my little gathering playing. We also retaliated and things kept escalating. A few months later, things got resolved and confrontations were dealt with better. We get along with them better now.

I dont think getting your kids involved at a young age is a good thing. My brother and I went along with it because we were old enough to understand how wrong it was (my brother was 15 and i was 16-17) but young kids will just learn that it's how you deal with problems.

Initially, we just put up a waist height chain link fence along the driveway and that solved the soccer problem. Maybe doing something like that is a good idea if you can afford it.

Good luck, and if you need some retaliation ideas, we came up with plenty while dealing with the neighbours. One of the better ones was setting up the sound system outside and play sonny and cher's 'I got you babe' on a continuous loop. Good enough to drive anyone nuts

Thanks for the story and tip(s) Melinda.

I would love to setup a chainlink fence outside but it just wouldn't look good where I'd have to install it. The other problem is I would have to setup a HUGE 10' fence to keep the ball from hitting my car.

Here's a pic I took of my car just before this incident started to escalate. You can see what I mean by I can't build the fence.

In the pic my car is parked on the left side of the driveway but I now park it on the right side or on the street or in the garage depending on what whether I need go out again or not. It just bugs me that even if I'm just home for an hour or two I can't just park my car on the driveway without worrying. It sucks that I have to park anywhere else but my very own driveway just so my car doesn't take an damage.

Honestly though, when the kid hit my car with his b-ball I was parked on the right hand side. Can you see the distance between his net and my car? This doesn't show where he was shooting from but at least you can grasp a general idea of how IMO difficult it is to hit my car when parked on the right hand side. This kid serious sucks at b-ball and his lesbo cousin is a serious bitch. I would love to boot fuck his mom's hyundai but seriously, i'd be doing them a favor. Insurance would give them money to buy another POS. Besides confrontation I'm not sure what else I can do.

Earlier today my sister was over babysitting my boys as we were at a wedding. This is what I heard from my 14 yo sis. Anyways I guess my boys kicked their soccor ball down my driveway and it got stuck underneath the mom's car. (The nerd and his mom were outside spying on them to make sure they didn't hit their acccent.) So the 15 year old nerd went to try and help the kids get the ball out but his mom uttered something to him in korean and instead he kicked the ball down the street. My boys are 6 and 8. I can't see why anyone would be so ignorant to a couple of little kids playing ball.

Also I'm still working on getting pics of the ugly lesbo.

EDIT: Neighbors house is the one on the left with the POS basketball net.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

just hang on his bball rim until it breaks off....but watch your fall!

but hey, chances are you could sue him if you get injured!

My Ride
    01 Impreza 2.5RS and 05 LGT

i say pee on their windshield one night and be satisfied that their airconditioning will stink after awhile.

its a pretty good solution. no permanant damage and it would be incredibly satisfying in more ways than one.

EDIT: eat a lot of asperagus before hand. eeewwwww.

[SIZE=4.5]AWD BURNOUT![/size]

My Ride
    Subaru(s)

A truck a chain and an ounce of gas would get rid of that. Just tie the chain to the top, do such at night. Then all you have to do is unhook and go for timmies.
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by BokCh0y
    Thanks for the story and tip(s) Melinda.

I would love to setup a chainlink fence outside but it just wouldn't look good where I'd have to install it. The other problem is I would have to setup a HUGE 10' fence to keep the ball from hitting my car.

Here's a pic I took of my car just before this incident started to escalate. You can see what I mean by I can't build the fence.

In the pic my car is parked on the left side of the driveway but I now park it on the right side or on the street or in the garage depending on what whether I need go out again or not. It just bugs me that even if I'm just home for an hour or two I can't just park my car on the driveway without worrying. It sucks that I have to park anywhere else but my very own driveway just so my car doesn't take an damage.

Honestly though, when the kid hit my car with his b-ball I was parked on the right hand side. Can you see the distance between his net and my car? This doesn't show where he was shooting from but at least you can grasp a general idea of how IMO difficult it is to hit my car when parked on the right hand side. This kid serious sucks at b-ball and his lesbo cousin is a serious bitch. I would love to boot fuck his mom's hyundai but seriously, i'd be doing them a favor. Insurance would give them money to buy another POS. Besides confrontation I'm not sure what else I can do.

Earlier today my sister was over babysitting my boys as we were at a wedding. This is what I heard from my 14 yo sis. Anyways I guess my boys kicked their soccor ball down my driveway and it got stuck underneath the mom's car. (The nerd and his mom were outside spying on them to make sure they didn't hit their acccent.) So the 15 year old nerd went to try and help the kids get the ball out but his mom uttered something to him in korean and instead he kicked the ball down the street. My boys are 6 and 8. I can't see why anyone would be so ignorant to a couple of little kids playing ball.

Also I'm still working on getting pics of the ugly lesbo.

EDIT: Neighbors house is the one on the left with the POS basketball net.
    Yeah I see your point. Alright, well I think it's time to drag a speaker outside, point it at their house and go buy yourself a greatest hits of Sonny and Cher

If they call the police, tell them that you were outside listening to your favorite song ( ) while guarding your car from this deliquent and his ever antagonizing mother. Cops have a really good way of being able to tell who the real trouble is when they respond to domestic disputes

My Ride
    GC8 Sti R

I'm close to his age, give me $20 and ill come over and beat the shit out of him?

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

^^

haha i was waiting for that.

Get your own basketball net and pretend that you can't play also.

My Ride
    -10 F150 Lariat, -10 Fusion SEL awd

i'm scared for the day i buy my own house, i'm going to have to be really nice to my neighbours, and careful of what i say if i dont want to be in there situation!
    C.J.

1997 TSi AWD 2.3L 6 bolt (Carillo Rods, Wiseco pistons, Cometic headgasket, ACL bearings, removed BS, FP3's, Crower springs/retainers, ARP hardware), FIC 950's, Aeromotive AFPR with SS lines, Walbro 255HP, PTE SCM61, Tial wastegate, Greddy Type S BOV, short route FMIC, 3" turbo back, AEM EMS, 3 bar map conversion, BJs SMIM, 75mm TB, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, 18" Focals, Bridgestone Potenza RE040's, Tokiko suspension.

you can call me, im a professional problem solver.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    SlowBalt

Originally posted by finboy
    -steal the basketball net
    -buy a katana, walk out, wait for the ball to get to your driveway, cut it in half with a swooping samuri chop
    -key the kids bike
    -steal his shoes
    -kick his dog
    -TP his house
    -get a set of golf clubs, and a golf net with LARGE holes, aim the net at his house, give him a dose of his own medicine

etc.

good luck
    Haha

Then threaten to kill him but followed by a, "just kidding."

My Ride
    Civic

this is what you do, tell him to get some fucking game, cause obviously he has none, then if you play, play him one on one for his hoop. when you win, break the fuck out of it right in front of him. then laugh and tell him to go fuck his mom.
    C-23-H

My Ride
    350z

Nice crib, nice car hmmmmmmm, what does the wifie look like? HAHAHAH JK I think your better parking the Lexus in the garage dude. You will never win with people like that, just wait untill karma kick's them stright in the junk. Good luck.

Originally posted by Melinda

Yeah I see your point. Alright, well I think it's time to drag a speaker outside, point it at their house and go buy yourself a greatest hits of Sonny and Cher

If they call the police, tell them that you were outside listening to your favorite song ( ) while guarding your car from this deliquent and his ever antagonizing mother. Cops have a really good way of being able to tell who the real trouble is when they respond to domestic disputes
    Unfortunately there is a flaw - in Edmonton the bylaw officer / police officer can issue a ticket if the sound you emit is deemed to disturb others - and it is completely up to their discretion.

My Ride
    Pimp Mobile

just wait till halloween, and get some of us beyonders to come and egg the shit outa hiz house hahahah!!! as for the damages, just do it on your own time and swallow the bill

Originally posted by AcuraTl
    just wait till halloween, and get some of us beyonders to come and egg the shit outa hiz house hahahah!!! as for the damages, just do it on your own time and swallow the bill
    phftt... whats wrong with a weekend afternoon?

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast