Quantcast
be carefull Mcleod Tr is dangerous - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: be carefull Mcleod Tr is dangerous

My Ride
    2000 Civic SI, 1990 Skyline GTR

Default be carefull Mcleod Tr is dangerous

i was drivin gdown mcleod and they had tose road plates in woth out any signage, i hit it going like 70, it blew my tire and cracke dmy lip on my front rim and bent my rear one, so im currently filling a claim witht he city, hopefully that goes well!!

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

The city should really put some warning signs for those metal sheets . Last night i almost swerved into an armored truck to avoid those things on Beddington Blvd. My car would have definately been damaged if i hit that thing head on. Dim street lights, no warning, 2am and giant metal plates

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride

ya they are brutal, the city better pay for my repairs
    OOSKYLINEOO

My Ride
    Audi S4 6spd

yea they are all over right now.. bummer on the damage dude

ps.. don't you love how calgary roads have 2 seasons.. full of rocks/ice/crap and construction... thats all we get..

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

mcleod south probably won't be paved for another 2 years, just look at mcleod north
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

they were actually repaving it today i think

My Ride
    STI

yep a section by sudance has fresh pavement!!!!

Hopefully they keep it rolling tomarrow and get it all done! lol 3 years after they started.

I doubt the city'll give you anything. Last time I tried to file a claim, they went and fixed the road the next day and then told me that they had no record of construction ever happening on that section of road.

My Ride
    98 V70 T5M

I ripped the exhuast off my Volvo last week on Macloed Trail. The road was graded so a manhole was sticking up. My hanger just caught it and mangled up the back half of my exhaust system. Had to get it all replaced this week. $$ I didn't want to be spending on beater car.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by ^SkylinE^
    yep a section by sudance has fresh pavement!!!!

Hopefully they keep it rolling tomarrow and get it all done! lol 3 years after they started.
    That shit right by the turnoff to canyon meadows blvd better get done this time around. I remember last fall they started it but were fucking the dog to the point that they had to abandon the work
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

mac trail south is death.....been going like 20 lol

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by lastprodigy
    mac trail south is death.....been going like 20 lol
    I thought i was the only one
    Everyone passes me
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

its getting paved, july 30,31, and aug 1st

saw the signs today, but ya that suckx about the car, i would claim it

My Ride
    S14|TB1

yeh, i saw a guy in his yellow Boxtser fly thru one on Glenmore near Costco, then AFTER he goes over the plates he slows down
    Last edited by n1zm0; 07-31-2005 at 01:03 PM.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Man those things are harsh. Around here they dont even bother with them, they just leave big fucking trenches and dotn have signs until people complain then they have a sign RIGHT beside the trenches that you think are for something ahead... they arnt. The city is a bastard no matter which one it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride

Default totally

IF the city doesnt pay for my shit, ill be pissed.... i toke pictures and everythjing so if they gove me something like road construction never happened there, ill freak...but ya im driving like 20 there as well, u get alot of weird looks, but hwatev... ps, thats brutal about your exgaust man

My Ride
    05' Caddy CTS

The city wont pay for shit! Guaranteed, so don't get your hopes up. I hit my 98' CL in a pothole about a 3 foot circle and over a foot and a half deep in canyon meadows when I was 16. I had pictures, measured the hole (i hit it at about 60 km/h at midnight). They denied my claim and said that "road crews had already been notified and were dispatched to put up warning signs just after 11pm that night!!! Bull Shit! That hole nearly ripped my wheel off my car, caught my front shrouding, my cost was over $3000!! And I aint seen no fucking potthole grow that big over night. Good luck though, baybe their attitudes have changed in 5 years?!?!?

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

theres a manhole that sticks up on the off ramp from mac north to canyon meadows that resembles a ski jump... i cant believe our hard earned tax dollars go to pay for this shitty ass craftsmanship.....
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by civic_stylez
    theres a manhole that sticks up on the off ramp from mac north to canyon meadows that resembles a ski jump... i cant believe our hard earned tax dollars go to pay for this shitty ass craftsmanship.....
    I used to have to avoid that shit on the left everytime. I believe that section of road has been paved over so its not as bad anymore

My Ride
    3 of Germany's finest

Lets go knuckle some city workers? Ive almost ate shit on some unmarked road hazards on my bike.. also isnt easy on the fork seals and kidneys..