Quantcast
Opel Vectra (maybe in NA as a saturn) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Opel Vectra (maybe in NA as a saturn)

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Default Opel Vectra (maybe in NA as a saturn)

Opel has issued the following press release:

The Vectra OPC is the fastest and most powerful IAA world premiere on the Opel stand this year. The high-performance Vectra (255 hp, 260 km/h top speed) can be seen at the International Automobile Exhibition in Frankfurt from September 15 - 25, 2005, and will be introduced in Germany a few weeks later. Following the current Astra OPC and Zafira OPC, it will extend Opel’s OPC (Opel Performance Center) range of high performance cars. The Vectra OPC will be available as a five-door hatchback and a station wagon.

The powerhouse of the new top-of-the-line Vectra is an aluminum 2.8-liter V6 turbo gasoline engine. With variable valve timing and a twin-scroll turbocharger, the six-cylinder unit has an output of 188 kW/255 hp and provides an exciting drive: a top speed of 260 km/h and zero to 100 km/h acceleration in less than seven seconds. In addition, maximum torque of 355 Newton meters ensures excellent pulling power even at low engine speeds. The Vectra OPC comes with a six-speed manual transmission as standard.

Debut for second-generation IDSPlus chassis

The Vectra OPC’s chassis is tuned to complement its power. The high-performance Vectra is the first production car worldwide from a volume brand to feature a further developed version of the electronically controlled IDSPlus chassis with newest-generation Continuous Damping Control (CDC). Comparable high-end solutions are currently only available in a few low-volume production super sports cars.

The new-generation CDC minimizes body movements even more effectively and quickly with the help of separate modules. The result is a noticeable enhancement of roll-prevention and body control, with optimized suspension comfort. The brakes – 345-millimeter diameter at the front, and 292 mm at the rear – provide powerful deceleration and precise feel.

The Vectra OPC’s looks highlight its sporty character. The front end features large air inlets and a honeycomb grille, while the side profile is accentuated by large 18-inch rims in exclusive OPC design. A special highlight is given to the rear by the two trapezoidal tailpipes. The interior also features sporty and functional details, with Recaro sport seats, instruments in OPC layout and a leather sport steering wheel. The Vectra OPC has one particularly attractive detail in common with all other OPC family members – the blue brake calipers.

The Saturn version:

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

looks like a cobalt(front) + ford 500 (side&back) + A3 audi (side-wagon)?

My Ride
    2002 Acura 1.7EL

Looks like a Ford Focus to me. Anyone else?

My Ride
    99 EK9 Hatch

Ah, I see a little Cobalt from the side profile and perhaps even a little Mustang from the back. All in all looks like a pretty solid car though.

Photograph courtesy of the Calgary Police Service

My Ride
    Bicycle

No "May be" about it. It'll be a global platform much like the Solstice/Sky and be share with GM in Europe. This will be the basis of Saturn's new sedan.

My Ride

Its not that bad looking , but i dont like saturns logo , they should just put the "z" on the front , it looks cool.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

I like how it looks actually. I can see this as being a great package with Saturn, especially if they bring that engine over with it and if they price the car like they do with their current lineup.