Quantcast
Ticket for no registration - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ticket for no registration

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Holy shit that's savage. Tow and impound?!
    This happened to me a couple years ago. Had the whole family in the car, had to call 2 cars to pick everyone up. Over $1k all said and done haha.

Problem was my other car was in storage, pulled it out for the day to get some miles on it and forgot registration lapsed. First world problems.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Heck she could have given me a ticket for having expired registration AND expired insurance papers too. .
    bro, expired insurance too? That's a huge deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by bignerd View Post
    Am I the only one who hopes they don't reduce it? I dont' know how long you have been driving but registration is due the same time every year, its not rocket science. And its not like it was expired by only a few days but September?? You forgot, I get it-we are all busy, but its a 100% legit, deserved ticket.
    But buying 2 years at a time definitely work against you a bit.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    bro, expired insurance too? That's a huge deal.
    Bro I had the updated insurance papers to prove I have insurance and also had expired insurance papers in the vehicle at the same time.

You can get a ticket for having expired documents lol

You can get a ticket for anything lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT

Bro I had the updated insurance papers to prove I have insurance and also had expired insurance papers in the vehicle at the same time.

Truth. I had a 2 sets of insurance documents in my booklet one was current and one was expired underneath the current set. I didn't think much about it at the time when I was putting the documents in the car. Got pulled over and the cop told me I could get a ticket for having another set of documents that were expired. I had a wtf look on my face but just accepted his comments.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yea, there's an actual ticket for keeping expired documents lol.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Bro! I didn't realize that was what you meant. Bro hug?
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I'm way less "me" than people give me discredit for.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

I am another guy that got tow and impound for being two days late. I had the renewal in the glove box (that they used to mail) and offered to drive with the officer to the registry to pay and told him I just forgot and I had no outstanding tickets I was trying to avoid paying for. He said he didn't care and told me to get out of the car. lol Brutal day.

I will reserve judgement until I see what side you put the sticker on. Get it wrong and I hope they double your fine

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
    Aren't most tickets basically revenue generation tickets? That's how I see them anyways.

Alberta isn't as bad as Ontario. Talking on the cell there can get you a $1,000 ticket for first offense, $2,000 for second etc.
    I wouldn't say that. Without a doubt, speeding is the most crooked revenue enforcement scam going. How the hell does something that accounts for less than 1% of accidents, be what 80% of tickets are written for?

But anything distracted driving related I can't say is revenue based. It is a legit massive safety concern as it is the number one leading cause of accidents.

Then you have stuff like failure to stop at a stop sign. It can be dangerous, but if you confirmed the way was clear and safe then a complete stop ticket is just ignorant. That's the problem is Cops are stupid. They're jar heads, they aren't trained to think for themselves. So they just go out and execute marching orders, they never stop to think about whether what they are doing is relevant to their job description or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I wouldn't say that. Without a doubt, speeding is the most crooked revenue enforcement scam going. How the hell does something that accounts for less than 1% of accidents, be what 80% of tickets are written for?

But anything distracted driving related I can't say is revenue based. It is a legit massive safety concern as it is the number one leading cause of accidents.

Then you have stuff like failure to stop at a stop sign. It can be dangerous, but if you confirmed the way was clear and safe then a complete stop ticket is just ignorant. That's the problem is Cops are stupid. They're jar heads, they aren't trained to think for themselves. So they just go out and execute marching orders, they never stop to think about whether what they are doing is relevant to their job description or not.
    You certainly are special.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    This use to be a $200 ticket.. I would get a lot of these when I was young... usually cause I switched cars so often... and to register the new one I would have to pay $$$$ to clear up outstanding tickets. For some reason the excuse of “well if you stopped giving me tickets then I could register the car” didn’t work, nor did “I’m actually driving to the registry right now” ... one time that was actually true also
    Pay $$$$ to clear outstanding tickets, that hasn't been around that long has it. I don't think it's even been 10 years.
    Will fuck off, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post

Hee hee.

I have nothing more to offer on these topics these days because I’m a jar head and stupid, but just wanted to let you know that was a good laugh while having my morning coffee.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by phil98z24 View Post
    Hee hee.

I have nothing more to offer on these topics these days because I’m a jar head and stupid, but just wanted to let you know that was a good laugh while having my morning coffee.
    At Tims?
    Will fuck off, again.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    At Tims?
    Naturally, it's where I spend the other half of my time when I'm not out mindlessly handing out tickets for traffic offences that aren't hurting anyone.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Pay $$$$ to clear outstanding tickets, that hasn't been around that long has it. I don't think it's even been 10 years.
    i think i've been doing that for at least 10 years? just an annual payment for all tickets from the year at the registry when i renew. haven't pissed away half a day at the court house since i was a minor!

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    i think i've been doing that for at least 10 years? just an annual payment for all tickets from the year at the registry when i renew. haven't pissed away half a day at the court house since i was a minor!
    Don’t you end up paying more than if you just paid off when you received the ticket? I don’t know I haven’t received a ticket in almost 10 years haha

My Ride
    Grimace

This thread made me check and I only had my 2018 insurance slip in the car a++.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    Don’t you end up paying more than if you just paid off when you received the ticket? I don’t know I haven’t received a ticket in almost 10 years haha
    convenience always has a cost... wooooorth it

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

I got lucky then ~ 8 years ago in Edmonton. Got pulled over by a speed trap and couldn't find the registration anywhere in my glove compartment. After ~ 5-8 mins of me frantically searching, the officer just walked back to his cruiser and came back saying he looked me up in the system and confirmed that I renewed my registration. Ended up with only a speed ticket and a warning that I should have it in the car.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast