Quantcast
big accident by ikea? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: big accident by ikea?

My Ride
    Model S

i hate drinking and driving just as much or more than most people, but some people are getting dumb about this. penalties for drinking after 1 glass of wine? come on...

My Ride
    is an Experience.

Originally posted by rice_eater
    i understand that we will never be able to get everyone to not drink and drive, and that's not the end of the world, since after all most people do make it home just fine every time, positively reinforcing the idea in their head that they can keep doing it... sure keep doing it, but at least be smart about it. the smartest thing WOULD be to call a cab, but if you're stubborn and really wanna drive, at least be super slow about it, stay in your lane unless you absolutely have to and try to focus on the cars in front and follow what they're doing so sudden turns or stops dont take you by surprise. i let others drive if i'm wrecked, but if i only had a few drinks and maybe some weed that night, expect to see me in the slow lane, putting along on the way home, with not one close call ever! be smart people...be smart...
    Holy shit man, you really gotta change your attitude, otherwise you'll soon be in the paper aswell.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by rice_eater
    i understand that we will never be able to get everyone to not drink and drive, and that's not the end of the world, since after all most people do make it home just fine every time, positively reinforcing the idea in their head that they can keep doing it... sure keep doing it, but at least be smart about it. the smartest thing WOULD be to call a cab, but if you're stubborn and really wanna drive, at least be super slow about it, stay in your lane unless you absolutely have to and try to focus on the cars in front and follow what they're doing so sudden turns or stops dont take you by surprise. i let others drive if i'm wrecked, but if i only had a few drinks and maybe some weed that night, expect to see me in the slow lane, putting along on the way home, with not one close call ever! be smart people...be smart...
    You're asking a drunk/pothead to be logical, that'll never happen.

My Ride
    Talipse

the worst weekend ever.

someone plz erase what riceeater said we dont want any noobs pulling shit like this

My Ride
    ‘13 F30 Sportline

thats just sad, when will people learn that it dont mix??????

and rice_eater, ur a fucktard for sayin that, there's something called zero-tolerance and you should base your opinion around that, instead of drinking and trying to drive slowly, come on man, what the fuck is that???

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Damn, I just found out who this was. I've talked to him at the Dyno shop and we Raced together at Race City. I'm sure a few members have seen him at RC. He drove a nice Silver Gsr. He seemed like a really nice kid. Cant believe he is now gone

RIP man.
    Last edited by Aleks; 10-31-2005 at 09:14 AM.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by mr.loco
    the worst weekend ever.

someone plz erase what riceeater said we dont want any noobs pulling shit like this
    He got banned

R.I.P
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

Jesus christ , this is getting fuckin terrible.

R.I.P guys... What a fuckin shity way to die...
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    Subaru(s)

Originally posted by Vagabond142
    What we need is what they have implemented in some norhtern European countries, like Estonia, Sweden, Finland, etc, where if you get caught behind the wheel even after a glass of wine, you get a hefty ticket and a "strike"

Second offence, revocation of license for a month and another "Strike."

Third offence, you lose your license for life, no appeals allowed. You lose it and THATS IT. Also, if you get caught with more than .08 or something, you lose your license for life on the spot.
    I would say, 6 month suspension first
    Then jail time.

Taking someones license away wont work IMO they will just drive without it. Jail on the other hand ..... cant drink and drive for 6 months now
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

well seriously, changing the drinkin age wont change anything, cause it pretty much useless anyway (i've been drinkin since i was like 15, same with most of my friends), people get into clubs with fakes no problem now (go to coyotes or tequila on a friday or a saturday night and you can see this) and opening up a track that you can race at for free might help a little bit but most of the people that go to the street races go for the atmosphere, and im pretty sure that cant be replicated at the track (not positive about this, cause i've been to the street races lately, but i havet been to a track race in about 11 years), and as for buddy who thinks nothin of drinkin and driving, u should be takin out into a field and shot, cause thats straight bull, wait till u have a family member or a friend die as a result of drunk driving and your perception of the whole scenerio will change.

R.I.P. to the Dead

My Ride
    has three pedals

Originally posted by Ripper
    What are our DUI policies here in Calgary?

I wish they would adopt zero tolerance. There is no exscuse for drunk driving so why shouldn't the law take away the license permantly if you get caught? In my mind you can't accidently drink and drive.
    This is tragic, however, there own fault due to drinking being involved.

Ripper, GDL license, which a lot of people are on (I guess) is zero tolerance, as soon as you graduate, then it goes to the .08 BAC (blood alcohol concentration? something)

My Ride
    E90 335i

Originally posted by Aleks
    Damn, I just found out who this was. I've talked to him at the Dyno shop and we Raced together at Race City. I'm sure a few members have seen him at RC. He drove a nice Silver Gsr. He seemed like a really nice kid. Cant believe he is now gone

RIP man.
    A member here? THis has not been a good year for Beyond, between the accidents and shootings, losing members quick!
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

I know I'm going to get yelled at here but zero tolerence is not the law and I drive most days after drinking. Going to the pub after work and having 2 beers and a burger in an hour and a half does not put me over the legal limit or make me in any way a danger to society or other drivers. Those who think it does aren't being logical. There is a reason it's 0.08, same as there is a reason that speed limits in from of play ground zones are set to 30km/hr. Driving over the legal limit I do not condone and I would love to see stiffer penalties but I doubt you would see the curb in the rate of drinking and driving ... people who drink and drive do not for the most part thing of what is going to happen to them when they get caught because they believe that they are fine to drive and won't get pulled over since they won't be doing anything illegal.

Originally posted by Weasel
    I know I'm going to get yelled at here but zero tolerence is not the law and I drive most days after drinking. Going to the pub after work and having 2 beers and a burger in an hour and a half does not put me over the legal limit or make me in any way a danger to society or other drivers. Those who think it does aren't being logical. There is a reason it's 0.08, same as there is a reason that speed limits in from of play ground zones are set to 30km/hr. Driving over the legal limit I do not condone and I would love to see stiffer penalties but I doubt you would see the curb in the rate of drinking and driving ... people who drink and drive do not for the most part thing of what is going to happen to them when they get caught because they believe that they are fine to drive and won't get pulled over since they won't be doing anything illegal.
    If you have a GDL and blow 0.01 you will have your license suspended. It is designed to teach that being a DD means NO DRINKING not just "drinking less than the other people in the car".

The speeding comparision does not compare in this example.

My Ride
    1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

Here's some food for thought

It has been proven that a person that is talking on his/her cellphone is more hazardous to those on the road than those that are drinking and driving.

This has been studied very closely and in most cases they have proven that talking on your cell phone is worse!

I'm not saying that drinking and driving isn't bad or anything like that, I'm just bringing a different perspective into this flamefest that you guys call a discussion.

I bet you that 99% of you guys talk on your cell-phone while you are driving, so don't be so quick to shit on all these people and say how laws have to change and shit for making just as bad of a preventable mistake by drinking and driving.

Jason
    [imghttp://www.ubersupra.com/misc/logo1.gif[/img]
    Jay Ferguson
    [email protected]
    403.291.5646 local
    877.CMS.7222 toll free

My Ride
    Civic SI / Ducati Monster

Originally posted by SUPRAPHAT
    It has been proven that a person that is talking on his/her cellphone is more hazardous to those on the road than those that are drinking and driving.
    Any links or actual test results to back that up?
    Now, i kow talking on your celly is a DISTRACTION, and can increase your chances of getting in an accident because you are not 100% focused on the road, but I have areal hard time beleiving that talking on your celly is worse than driving intoxicated, which is not just a distraction, but it completly alters your perception and judgement..

My Ride
    1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

Here is one of the links that came up in my quick google search.

http://www.1800duilaws.com/article/s..._cellphone.asp

Just google and see for yourself.

There was also a study done through Mythbusters that confirmed these very thoughts and tests in all the studies done!

Jason
    [imghttp://www.ubersupra.com/misc/logo1.gif[/img]
    Jay Ferguson
    [email protected]
    403.291.5646 local
    877.CMS.7222 toll free

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by Aleks

RIP man.
    who was it? cause it wasnt ken

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

In case anyone missed l8tebraker's post, the names of the deceased are, as reported on CityBeat:

Dustin James MERCIA (22)

Michael Ryan BILUSACK (22)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast