Quantcast
240 information needed - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 240 information needed

My Ride
    92SiR, 05B5G, 89KA24

Default 240 information needed

hey, im picking up an 89 nissan 240sx this weekend and was wondering what are the secrets, tips and tricks to this car, im a honda guy and is there anything about nissans i should know such as interchangeable parts for the car and motor and what not??? and is forced induction easier for this car rather than a b16

are ka2.4 engines common and cheap to come by?, not really looking to do an sr swap just yet

i plan on doing a black leather interior w/black ext with some sort of lips (or kit if it comes by cheap) light flywheel, aftermarket clutch, carbon driveshaft and the usual suspension upps

and another thing thats way by me is what is red, blue, black... etc top engines??

any help will be appreciated
    thanks

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

All that red,blue,black top engines are junk...those are all SR20 motors...keep your KA engine and turbo it!!

As for the KA24...theres the KA24E and KA24DE...ones SOHC, and the others DOHC....the KA24E can be had for $200-300 or less and the KA24DE can be had for $400-500 or less...

SInce you have a 89..U have the KA24E...it has 140HP and 150ish TQ..the KA24DE has 155HP and 160 TQ
    Last edited by dj_rice; 01-05-2006 at 11:31 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Don't listen to that KA fool.

Swap your car into a SR20, more reliable, meant for boost, originally meant for the s13. The colors are usually used to determine age of the motor.

Since you're getting a 89, that a single stick (SOHC), 91 and above is all two sticks (DOHC) which are more reliable, but if you can might as well swap to SR20. if you plan on doing anything to a KA, it costs a lot of money and not much potential power in a KA. why waste a lot of money trying to get some power out of a KA when you can just get an SR and upgrade the turbo.

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

SR20DET, the only way to go! enough of these KA24 guys! hahah

the sr20 is a great easy swap that is very reliable and has a ton of potential!

My Ride

Originally posted by Zephyr
    Don't listen to that KA fool.

Swap your car into a SR20, more reliable, meant for boost, originally meant for the s13. The colors are usually used to determine age of the motor.

Since you're getting a 89, that a single stick (SOHC), 91 and above is all two sticks (DOHC) which are more reliable, but if you can might as well swap to SR20. if you plan on doing anything to a KA, it costs a lot of money and not much potential power in a KA. why waste a lot of money trying to get some power out of a KA when you can just get an SR and upgrade the turbo.

Dont even get me started

Just visit www.ka-t.org and see the results.....and just look at my signature below...

On a stock block, stock pistons/rods everything stock, you can prolly net 300RWHP outta the KA24DE or more even with proper fuel tuning and good condition of the engine...and why would you want to go SR dont you want monster torque?

And think about it...you overboost/blow up your SR20..thats another $1200-$1400 to replace...overboost/blow up your KA...thats $300-500 to replace...my KA at 7 PSI has more power and TQ than a SR20 at 7PSI...just goes to show you, that extra .4L displacement is good for you

2 Links For You to Consider
    http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtimeslip.php
    http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4303
    Last edited by dj_rice; 01-07-2006 at 10:52 PM.
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Originally posted by dj_rice

Dont even get me started

Just visit www.ka-t.org and see the results.....and just look at my signature below...

On a stock block, stock pistons/rods everything stock, you can prolly net 300RWHP outta the KA24DE or more even with proper fuel tuning and good condition of the engine...and why would you want to go SR dont you want monster torque?

And think about it...you overboost/blow up your SR20..thats another $1200-$1400 to replace...overboost/blow up your KA...thats $300-500 to replace...my KA at 7 PSI has more power and TQ than a SR20 at 7PSI...just goes to show you, that extra .4L displacement is good for you

2 Links For You to Consider
    http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtimeslip.php
    http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4303
    1. Your pretty much limited at 300. SR can go beyond that by a lot. And I heard anything beyond 200whp you need some work.
    2. Torque? I'm not towing anything, truck boy! LOL
    3. If I blow a SR, thats my problem for blowing up an investment. KA can blow just as easily, if not easier.
    4. SR20 stock beats KA stock, but KA needs a turbo to be able to keep up with a SR20 thats at stock.

And about your sig. It's not the size that counts, it's motion in the ocean that counts

Anyways, remember, whether you're KA or SR or even CA, we are all here to work together to rid Hondas err I mean...hi!

My Ride
    2000 323i

See DJ Rice's sig....all I gotta say. But really it all depends on how much money you wanna spend, how much mechanical knowledge you have, and how original you wanna be (if you buy a 240, you are NOT original anyways, it's all been done) I'd go CA myself, due to price, and allegedly (I forgot a LOTTA stuff lately) it can take more abuse than a KA.....although those long pistons are sexy DJrice......It's a subjective decision really. Price out how much it would cost to

Turbo a KA
    Get an SR
    Get a CA
    Get an RB...

I was 15 when I did my research..and was too lazy to do any of the above...but either way, read what each motor can do, and make a decision. Not too tough if you know what you want.
    Mike

My Ride

1. Your pretty much limited at 300. SR can go beyond that by a lot. And I heard anything beyond 200whp you need some work.
    2. Torque? I'm not towing anything, truck boy! LOL
    3. If I blow a SR, thats my problem for blowing up an investment. KA can blow just as easily, if not easier.
    4. SR20 stock beats KA stock, but KA needs a turbo to be able to keep up with a SR20 thats at stock.

And about your sig. It's not the size that counts, it's motion in the ocean that counts

Anyways, remember, whether you're KA or SR or even CA, we are all here to work together to rid Hondas err I mean...hi!

1. Your only limited to 300 on a stock block, fully build it and you can DEMOLISH a SR20 lol...take for example the 633HP KA24DE
    2. Torque owns all...we're the ones towing your SR20 equipped car when it blows
    3. SR's just blow period ...
    4. Pffft..my KA at stock 7 can beat your SR20 at stock 7

And I dunno what your gf has been telling you man, size does matter lol..she must be cheating on you with a black guy

But true dat...KA,SR,CA,RB, were all put on this earth to get rid of Hondas... Amen to that brotha

I'm just messing..whether it be KA(#1) or SR(#2)....Nissan + Turbo + Torque all the way
    Last edited by dj_rice; 01-08-2006 at 03:33 PM.

My Ride
    YZ250

If you have a 91+ I'd say turbo the DE, but since it's an 89 do the swap, the SOHC is a waste of time.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride

Originally posted by Mazstyle
    If you have a 91+ I'd say turbo the DE, but since it's an 89 do the swap, the SOHC is a waste of time.
    Not exactly...turbo the SOHC too!!!

These #'s are from Jordan Gladman off KA-T.org in Vancouver, BC

252hp @ 5000rpm
    282tq @ 2800 and 3600rpm...

The tq band was so flat it stayed at 270+tq all the way from 2600rpm>5000rpm

Full boost (15psi) was hit at 2400rpm.

This was a 90 w/ SOHC KA-turbo running 15psi on a GT28 turbo w/front mount and 3" exhaust. stock internals, stock ECU, stock maf.
    Last edited by dj_rice; 01-08-2006 at 03:38 PM.

My Ride
    RED 240sx

SR20de T does beat the KA24de...but not the "na SR20"...

tht's y it needs a turbo..

Originally posted by armokaiser

SR20de T does beat the KA24de...but not the "na SR20"...

tht's y it needs a turbo..
    i was just about to say that. if you compare stock for stock then compare SR20DE and KA24DE. not the SR20DET. i wouldn't mind having an s14 SR20DET in my 240, but the cost for the engine alone is $3500 + install. That's why i rather spend my money on a kat because for the cost of the s14 SR20DET i can build a very quick ka24det. aftermarket support for the KA is getting alot better too.

My Ride

Originally posted by vietdood

i was just about to say that. if you compare stock for stock then compare SR20DE and KA24DE. not the SR20DET. i wouldn't mind having an s14 SR20DET in my 240, but the cost for the engine alone is $3500 + install. That's why i rather spend my money on a kat because for the cost of the s14 SR20DET i can build a very quick ka24det. aftermarket support for the KA is getting alot better too.

And whats taking you so long on your KA-T build???Have you even started??The sooner the better man...join the very few that are in Calgary...I think theres like...maybe 5 KA-T's in Calgary

My Ride
    RB26DETT SIL40 VERT

PPPPPF your all wroung heres what you should slap in your 240sx

My rb PWNZ ALLLL your asses running 300hp and enough torque to pull both your cars lol stock. My car sitting at around 320ish horsepower
    Cheap 16 wheels for sale
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/256625/f-s-16x7-black-modenas-4-100-108-40/

My Ride
    RB26DETT SIL40 VERT

http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?...ssan%20engines

this site will show you all the nissan motors and it tells you a bit of each one
    Cheap 16 wheels for sale
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/256625/f-s-16x7-black-modenas-4-100-108-40/

My Ride
    RED 240sx

Originally posted by dj_rice

And whats taking you so long on your KA-T build???Have you even started??The sooner the better man...join the very few that are in Calgary...I think theres like...maybe 5 KA-T's in Calgary
    HAHAH..I may get a KA-T later...

but no $$$$$$ right now...

car got an accident b4....need $$$$ for repair first..

My Ride
    92SiR, 05B5G, 89KA24

sweet ideas how much will an sr swap cost me, since i want to see how much air i can stuff into the stock motor before it goes, and is a dohc swap hard to do?? right now i am going to do the bodywork and interior while it is parked

My Ride
    90 skyline

I might have and rb20det for sale if the right offer comes my way
    pm me and let me know, that goes for anybody
    skyline gtst
    SAFC II
    Profec-b
    3" Kakimoto exhaust
    K&N Intake
    D2 Coilovers
    de'cat pipe
    Adjustable rear camber arms

My Ride

Originally posted by armokaiser

HAHAH..I may get a KA-T later...

but no $$$$$$ right now...

car got an accident b4....need $$$$ for repair first..

I wasnt talking to you...was asking Vietdood...

My Ride

Originally posted by HTN SWCHS
    sweet ideas how much will an sr swap cost me, since i want to see how much air i can stuff into the stock motor before it goes, and is a dohc swap hard to do?? right now i am going to do the bodywork and interior while it is parked

From the JDMSource website..for a S13 redtop, its 1800USD and if you want it installed at a shop..probally $1000CDN

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast