Quantcast
The "best burger in Calgary" thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The "best burger in Calgary" thread

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Default Best burger in town? thread

Well, we have the best sub thread.... and yes, I did a search for about 14 variations of "best" and "hamburger" (including abbreviations) and got a blank search result every time.... so how about a best burgers thread!

Small family places as well as major chains count here, so everything from the guy on the corner of 7th ave and center st downtown that's there hell or high water, all the way up to McD's (if you don't vomit after eating one of their burgers).

For me, I would have to say that the best burgers I've EVER had are a close tie between a Peter's Drive-In double cheeseburger or the Inglewood Cafe's "The Inglewood." (for those wondering, this place is a TINY little building that's at the corner of the block one street north of 9th ave crossing the zoo bridge, incidentally in *gasp* INGLEWOOD O_O)

Alas, since going semi-health nut, I can't enjoy burgers as much anymore, so post away with your favorite places and burgers
    Geek

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .

burger inn

peters triple with cheese

My Ride
    Civic SI / Ducati Monster

The White Spot has wicked burgers....
    Triple-O Sauce =

Burgers in Calgary are terrible. I have yet to find a good burger ANYWHERE in this city. I find it odd considering Alberta is supposed to be full of beef but even the so-so burgers in Winnipeg are better than anything I have ever had in Calgary. Winnipeggers here might be familiar with the following places.

- Mrs Mikes (the KingBurger is the best burger in existance).
    - George's (great "fatboy" burgers)
    - Dairy Whip
    - White Tower

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Default Re: Best burger in town? thread

Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Well, we have the best sub thread.... and yes, I did a search for about 14 variations of "best" and "hamburger" (including abbreviations) and got a blank search result every time.... so how about a best burgers thread!
    And yet... I was able to find this by searching 1 variation of "burger"!

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...threadid=25902

I know it's not probably not even near the best burger, but god damn, I love those bacon mushroom swiss burgers from Wendy's when they have them.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

I had the best burger ever at the outback steakhouse. it was a mushroom swiss type burger, so good
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

I think after more than 2 years another burger thread is acceptable.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Default Re: Re: Best burger in town? thread

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

And yet... I was able to find this by searching 1 variation of "burger"!

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...threadid=25902

I know it's not probably not even near the best burger, but god damn, I love those bacon mushroom swiss burgers from Wendy's when they have them.
    You know, I SWEAR that whoever coded the search engine for this forum system was having multiple orgasms by rubbing himself with several squealing hamsters at once whilst trying to sing "I am the very model of a modern major general."

Translation: the search feature = fucking SUCKS
    Geek

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Default Re: Re: Re: Best burger in town? thread

You know, I SWEAR that whoever coded the search engine for this forum system was having multiple orgasms by rubbing himself with several squealing hamsters at once whilst trying to sing "I am the very model of a modern major general."

Translation: the search feature = fucking SUCKS
    Haha! Did you notice the "Search entire posts" and "Search For Posts From..." at the bottom of the search page? It's cool, I'm just fucking around cause I don't want to get started with work yet.

Anyways, back to burger talk! Lunch is in just over 3 hours! Haha

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

I could really go for an Inglewood right now.... two patties slathered in yummy sauce (not THAT sauce, sickos), all the fixins, a butterschotch milkshake to have with it and those fucking awesome fries right from the deep fryer.... it's a heart attack on a plate, but I challenge anyone to have one and not say that it was beautiful

one place I am very keen to try someday is C&B Burger Hut at the strip mall on Northmount just before 14th St NW. Whenever I go by there, it's either closed or the staff have stepped out and I'm in a semi-hurry. Driving by tho, it does smell awesome Anyone had any C&B burgers?
    Geek

My Ride
    Acura TL 6MT SH-AWD

Baja Bar & Grill Hands down , but you got to go slumming. It's in Erinwoods

The only place I know that uses garlic butter on the bun........ah crap, now I'm hungy.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .

I could really go for an Inglewood right now.... two patties slathered in yummy sauce (not THAT sauce, sickos), all the fixins, a butterschotch milkshake to have with it and those fucking awesome fries right from the deep fryer.... it's a heart attack on a plate, but I challenge anyone to have one and not say that it was beautiful

one place I am very keen to try someday is C&B Burger Hut at the strip mall on Northmount just before 14th St NW. Whenever I go by there, it's either closed or the staff have stepped out and I'm in a semi-hurry. Driving by tho, it does smell awesome Anyone had any C&B burgers?
    yeah, c&b burgers USED to be good, back in the day.

ive gotten food poisoning twice after eating their burgers in the last 6 years.

their fries rock, though.

Boogie's Burgers on Edmonton Trail and about 6-8th street....GREAT burgers

My Ride
    TOPLESS 64 IMPALA /2004 SALEEN S281 SC / 2007 Z06

Originally posted by legendboy
    I had the best burger ever at the outback steakhouse. it was a mushroom swiss type burger, so good

My Ride
    2004 Nissan Titan LE

I've had burgers from trhere before.. Was very impressed..

My Ride
    2000 323i

Originally posted by sputnik
    Burgers in Calgary are terrible. I have yet to find a good burger ANYWHERE in this city. I find it odd considering Alberta is supposed to be full of beef but even the so-so burgers in Winnipeg are better than anything I have ever had in Calgary. Winnipeggers here might be familiar with the following places.

- Mrs Mikes (the KingBurger is the best burger in existance).
    - George's (great "fatboy" burgers)
    - Dairy Whip
    - White Tower
    Never heard of any of em....you ever been to Blondie's in Winnipeg? THAT is a burger. You order the burger, she grinds the meat. It's that fresh. On here, I haven't had anything exceptional. I go to burger inn for a good quick burger though (the elk burger's damn good)
    Mike

Originally posted by Nissanaddict
    Never heard of any of em....you ever been to Blondie's in Winnipeg? THAT is a burger. You order the burger, she grinds the meat. It's that fresh. On here, I haven't had anything exceptional. I go to burger inn for a good quick burger though (the elk burger's damn good)
    I am familiar with Blondies (on Main St near Kildonan Park). Its an alright burger. However they fall into the "i cant believe it is so big" category and arent really that tasty in comparison to the others.

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    Boogie's Burgers on Edmonton Trail and about 6-8th street....GREAT burgers

My Ride
    FA20

cheeseburgers at mac's... i like em

Rocky's Burger Bus in the industrial part past Blackfoot. These guys had a review in a US gourmet cooking magazine Very good stuff for your money. If anyone wants the address, I'll dig it up. four star stuff, although it sounds grubby and dirty, it's the complete opposite.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast