Quantcast
edit: does this fucking make sense? grrrrrr crowfoot dodge should burn in hell - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: edit: does this fucking make sense? grrrrrr crowfoot dodge should burn in hell

My Ride
    2003 Rsx Type S WHITE, Ninja zx250r

Default does this fucking make sense? grrrrrr

ok, rant on crowfoot dodge (there probably on the forum)

so we bring in a eagle talon to be fixed, the problems are

1. leaking oil
    2. needs a new front control arm
    3. tires and alignment

cost $3800, ok no problem....

brought it in 2 weeks ago.. get a call last week, saying that while they were fixing something, they notice need a new brake pad, something about the sensors not working (runs rough), increase price ~$400

ok, already alittle annoyed no problem

gets a call today:

while doing the alignment, we need a new lower control arm?

because aparently they needed "heat" to unbolt the bolts since there were seized (obviously i don't know much about cars), it "torched" the control arm and therefore is broken and it needs to be a new one, now he said something about for sure when you fix the alignment the bushings are going to be broken (bushing for the control arm?) but that doesn't necessairy means you need a new control arm...... cuz i just called and inquiried about why if he knew we need a new lower control arm when doing an alignment why didn't he quote that price in, the guy said if the bushing breaks it doesn't necessariy mean that you need a new control arm?

now i have no fucking idea what any of this means, i just know that the price of fixing the car keeps going up and up, i mean a new lower control arm for an eagle talon is according to him ~$700 including labour but he's giving it to us for ~$515? ....

seriously like is this right? is he ripping us off? i mean he did let us know each step that there is additions to the car to being fixed....but my stupid uncle, doens't want to hassle and take the car out and get it fixed elsewhere.....

i mean if he broke the control arm while taking out the bushings why do i have to pay for a new lower control arm?

edit: can you take off seized bolts without breaking the lower control arm? or rather the bushing as he said....

anythign i can do?
    please don't flame me, or i'll have to learn how to use the ban button

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

$3800 + $400 + $515 + GST = $5045.05

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...hreadid=113556

$5000

Repair costs more than the car. So no, it doesn't make sense.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

Originally posted by rage2
    $3800 + $400 + $515 + GST = $5045.05

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...hreadid=113556

$5000

Repair costs more than the car. So no, it doesn't make sense.
    its an 1995, and yes i know the cost to fix the car is stupid, that's not my questions haha, i'm just trying ot find out if the stupid dodge is taking advantage of us cuz we're not "mechincally intuned" as he said...

My Ride
    335i

Why would you take an 11 year old car to the dealership. Are you being ripped off? Yes, most likely. It's not your fault they didn't know how to take the bolts off the LCAs.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

You are defiantly being ripped off , tell them not to charge you for the shit that THEY broke. And tell them to stop looking for more shit thats "broken"
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride

but they said that the bushings will break for sure if you have to align the wheels...somethign about a lazer alighment, toes blah blah,

but if they break the bushing, it doesn't necessairy mean i need a new control arm so they didn't factor that price in....

also, can you take off seized bolts without breaking the bushing?
    he used heat he said to me but he told my uncle he used a torched, when i asked about the torched he said heat not Torched....

My Ride
    335i

Heat and torch are the same thing. The cost of the work you are doing is very, very outrageous. I'd take it out of there as fast as you can and get an honest place to do it.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    -10 F150 Lariat, -10 Fusion SEL awd

wow you are getting raped!
    I had to replace the lower control arms on my 1997. its the EXACT same part number for 95-99. the cost for EACH side was $76 from mitsubishi. Chrysler told me a cost of more than double that. so they are charging you like $300 in labout to remove 3 bolts that hold that control arm on... that is not right at all.

you might get stuck on this bill, but i would suggest going to mitsubishi next time as they can do it alot cheaper... chryler gets all there parts for talons through mitsubishi...
    C.J.

1997 TSi AWD 2.3L 6 bolt (Carillo Rods, Wiseco pistons, Cometic headgasket, ACL bearings, removed BS, FP3's, Crower springs/retainers, ARP hardware), FIC 950's, Aeromotive AFPR with SS lines, Walbro 255HP, PTE SCM61, Tial wastegate, Greddy Type S BOV, short route FMIC, 3" turbo back, AEM EMS, 3 bar map conversion, BJs SMIM, 75mm TB, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, 18" Focals, Bridgestone Potenza RE040's, Tokiko suspension.

My Ride
    NC1

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences at this dealer but all dealers overcharge for their services. Anyway I couldn't help but notice your English has improved a lot. Is this even Gail posting? haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride

Originally posted by max_boost
    I'm sorry to hear about your experiences at this dealer but all dealers overcharge for their services. Anyway I couldn't help but notice your English has improved a lot. Is this even Gail posting? haha
    yes it's gail and i no i have good engirsh haha

no anyways i know i lost the money for previous work done

i just want to know how i can convince stupid dodge to pay for the lower control arm since he broke it when he was taking off the bolts that were seized, and again he was talking about the "bushing" alot, when he was talking to me, they refused to pay for the control arm that they broke, cuz of the bushing? was old or something i have no idea!!!

you should be able to purchase just the bushings and have them pressed into the original control arm. unless when the heated it they some how bent it but that is very unlikely.

My Ride
    92SiR, 05B5G, 89KA24

1. leaking oil
    2. needs a new front control arm
    3. tires and alignment

cost $3800,

that sounds really fucked up

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Control arms should last forever, should never be any reason to replace them unless:
    - you smoke a curb or kid and bend it to hell
    - the balljoints are part of the control arm and the balljoints wear out

Secondly you can source our much cheaper oem replacement parts from stores like autovalue, parts source. If you want to stick with factory parts then buy from the dealer but have them installed somewhere else because you are getting jacked.

Midas is a decent place because they will go over your car for free then let you know what it needs.

Hopefully crowfoot hasnt done too much work on the car and you can take it out of there without wasting too much money.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    FORD F-350 SUPER DUTY > ALL

Originally posted by gkAeris

yes it's gail and i no i have good engirsh haha

no anyways i know i lost the money for previous work done

i just want to know how i can convince stupid dodge to pay for the lower control arm since he broke it when he was taking off the bolts that were seized, and again he was talking about the "bushing" alot, when he was talking to me, they refused to pay for the control arm that they broke, cuz of the bushing? was old or something i have no idea!!!
    K first off if your bolts are seized then its very possible to fuck up the bushing while removing the bolt by heat or cutting etc. They could've warped the CA by heat but i douibt it, you can get new bushings pressed in the CA but that means they will charge to take it out, press them in, and put back on the car. I guess what i'm saying is fuck that $500 CA they want and see if you can get one cheaper yourself or get new bushings pressed in.

I'm not sure if you can convince them to pay for your CA since you did agree to change it, i can't think of anything you can use against them in this matter. Although some places will reduce or drop some labour cost for you if you do some convincing.

"but they said that the bushings will break for sure if you have to align the wheels...somethign about a lazer alighment, toes blah blah,"

I call BS on that, i'm not 100% sure about dsm but on some cars like mine you CAN do an alignment with cracked/worn bushings and the alignment has NOTHING to do with the CA bushings. It can also be a factor that throws off your alignment, but thats not the argument here. The alignment counterparts such as your tie rods, ball joints and control arm used to hold your knuckle and strut to the frame are seperate, atleast from what i can remember. I hope this helps a bit.
    Last edited by Police; 02-10-2006 at 12:52 AM.

My Ride

UPDATE:

ok, so bascially i'm getting two stories here, i talked to the techinition he still going into talking about how things work i'm unintrested, we don't get anywhere so i asked to speak to the service manager

my convo with the service manager is apparently the CA isn't broken it's the bolt, when they tried to take off the camber bolts or seomthing it broke, (the SM said it has nothing to do with the bushing?), but now they are going to order one bolt that they broke when they were trying to fix the alignment, and give me back the car the way it was BEFORE we brougth it to be fixed less the cost of the alignment......

i think i should just bring it elsewhere for an alignment....?

My Ride
    05' 300C HEMI/ 07' Hayabusa / 96' Chev on Air

Yeah probably...... But you always have to think that dealerships are for there a reason, and they do you know your vehicle the best.
    My recomendation, working at a dealership myself, is that if your going to get all this stuff done anyways, at least go get the parts from partsource yourself. Phone them and ask exactly what parts you need, and go get them yourself. Genuine parts and parts in general are rediculously expensive from dealerships. You can easily save 20-60% if you get them from partsource or auto value. I can say this from straight experience.

96 Chev on air for sale:
    http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-SUVs-trucks-vans-1996-Chevrolet-Blazer-Show-Truck-TRADE-OR-SALE-W0QQAdIdZ76057073

If they had to torch the LCA to remove the bolt chances are the bushing is fucked.

For comparision I paid 50 a side to replace my LCA bolts and bushings. Parts and labor.

My Ride

Originally posted by QuasarCav
    If they had to torch the LCA to remove the bolt chances are the bushing is fucked.

For comparision I paid 50 a side to replace my LCA bolts and bushings. Parts and labor.

the technition said that you can't replace the bushing and the camber bolt, you have to buy the LCA as a whole unit, they don't sell it seperately!

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Originally posted by gkAeris

the technition said that you can't replace the bushing and the camber bolt, you have to buy the LCA as a whole unit, they don't sell it seperately!
    thats a dealership talking.. you need to get a car guy involved here to take care of this for you.

Originally posted by b_t

thats a dealership talking.. you need to get a car guy involved here to take care of this for you.

Yup, Get the car out of there.

You will likely be able to get a used LCA or even not pay the full dealership price for one. Most likely you could get the bushing pressed out and replaced for under 50 a side.

For shitty dealerships.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast