Quantcast
The Canadian Streetracing Crackdown. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: The Canadian Streetracing Crackdown.

Default The Canadian Streetracing Crackdown.

So on the national news last night they had a segment on the new laws that they intend to enforce on streetracing. i.e., by making it a criminal offense and having stricter punishments etc. Even though the opposition argues that there are already laws in place where if you cause injury or death because of a wreckless driving situation (whether that be from speeding or if you are indeed racing someone) that you already face similar and serious charges.

Anyway, I don't argue that if you particpate in risky behavior in a vehicle that results in the death or injury of another person that you should be punished for that, but I just want to know people's opinion on whether or not you think that when focuses turn to street racing problems, that it really just means more harassment for anyone who has a visible modification done to their vehicle?

And what are people's opinion on so called "crackdowns" like this and do you think it really helps, or is it going to happen anyhow, and continue to make people who don't street race as guilty as the ones who do, based on how they decide to style their vehicle.

I know that people see my car and make an assumption based on that. And every time I go over the speed limit I must be racing someone right? Just wondering what this is all doing to the tuner scene. Even though modifying cars and racing cars has been around as long as cars themselves, it's the sport compact generation that's taking the brunt of the bad-publicity.

Discuss....

My Ride
    2014 GMC Terrain SLE-2 V6

My Ride
    V167

Yes, please continue discussion in that already created thread.

Closed