Quantcast
Carpet steam cleaning - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Carpet steam cleaning

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Default Carpet steam cleaning

Just moved into a new place. After the previous owner moved out all their furnitures and stuff, I found stains and spots on the carpet around the house.

I'm debating whether to hire professional to do the job so I know the stains will come off, or to DIY it but risking the stains will not completely come off.

So just wanna know how much is it usually to hire someone to steam clean?

Thanks

My Ride
    POS

DIY you will save a lot of money. Before you get down and dirty, put some concentrated formula in a squirt bottle and spray the high traffic areas and stains. This will let these areas soak a little longer separating the dirt from the carpet. For the really tough stains, get a brush and try to clean it up as much as possible before running the carpet cleaner through.

To hire someone you're probably looking at $200 depending on sq ft. If you want to hire someone PM me my friend has a very reputable cleaning biz that does this for a good price.

Edit: make sure you give it a good vacuum first.
    Last edited by topmade; 04-02-2007 at 11:30 AM.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Originally posted by topmade
    DIY you will save a lot of money. Before you get down and dirty, put some concentrated formula in a squirt bottle and spray the high traffic areas and stains. This will let these areas soak a little longer separating the dirt from the carpet. For the really tough stains, get a brush and try to clean it up as much as possible before running the carpet cleaner through.

To hire someone you're probably looking at $200 depending on sq ft. If you want to hire someone PM me my friend has a very reputable cleaning biz that does this for a good price.

Edit: make sure you give it a good vacuum first.
    jesus!! $200/sq ft?

About the good vacuum... is there anywhere that I can rent a good steam cleaning vacuum?

My Ride
    POS

Originally posted by HiSpec

jesus!! $200/sq ft?

About the good vacuum... is there anywhere that I can rent a good steam cleaning vacuum?
    LOL no, the whole thing for about $200 +/- depending on square feet. I rented the ones at superstore and safeway before and they are all crap, not sure of any other places. But since I did is pretty often, I just went out and bought myself one.

My Ride
    1991 Acura Integra

Default cleaning

buy a cleaner from costco. we have one and it is awesome. bissel make this poer cleaner for stains, put it on then let sit for a few mins. run steam cleaner over it and go SLOW. it will get out. red pen got out of my carpet, and that was not easy. also, rubbing alcohol and a bunch of cotton balls can work great. or cheap hairspray and cotton balls. i am not kidding. google it and see.

hope that helps.

dan

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

I will take that into consideration. But I don't really wanna spend few hundred bucks for a steam cleaner.

My Ride

call a proper carpet cleaner, the machines they use get water to a temp. much higher than any home machine will... your carpet will feel and smell much better after you hire a pro. I just had my carpets and vents done a couple months ago and wow, what a difference.. barely any dust in the home now compared to before..
    Click here to check out my racing sim...

Originally posted by GQBalla
    tictactoe2004 you are scary

Don't use Rug Doctors. Go to RONA, and rent one of their carpet cleaners, along with the appropriate cleaner ($10 for 4L vs. $25 for 250ml for rug doctor). They are proper machines many times better than a rug doctor. Our cost on the machine was aroud $2500. You will be amazed at what comes out of your carpet. When I worked in rentals there, I had guys rent them to clean whole office buildings because they claimed it worked better than anything else. Give it a try it will only be like $25 for the day.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Don't use Rug Doctors. Go to RONA, and rent one of their carpet cleaners, along with the appropriate cleaner ($10 for 4L vs. $25 for 250ml for rug doctor). They are proper machines many times better than a rug doctor. Our cost on the machine was aroud $2500. You will be amazed at what comes out of your carpet. When I worked in rentals there, I had guys rent them to clean whole office buildings because they claimed it worked better than anything else. Give it a try it will only be like $25 for the day.
    hmmm... what is the "appropriate cleaner" call?

$25/day??!?! DONE!!

best results I have ever had was through a company that used the steam-matic method. They don't put chemicals into your carpets the dirt lifts because of how hot the steam coming out gets. Almost zero drying time as well. Don't know who does it in Calgary but when we had it done out of province it was amazing!

Dirt will cling to any soap residual.

We had 2 kids and a dog, my kids spilled everywhere. The carpet was only a year old we paid just over $120 to have the carpet cleaned. The house was 2300 sq ft.

Originally posted by HiSpec

hmmm... what is the "appropriate cleaner" call?

$25/day??!?! DONE!!
    It's the only carpet cleaning machine they have, and they only have one kind of steam cleaner solution. You hardly have to use any of it but you have to buy 4L of it, its cheap though. If your going to the Mcleod trail location, they have it right outside the rental dept. above the machines.

I quit in september, but the prices were $18/4 hr$20/8hr and $25/24 hr. From 6pm - 9am the next day is billed as 4 hours and is by far the best deal.

Good luck!