Quantcast
High Demand Jobs - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: High Demand Jobs

My Ride
    A Pearl Diamond

Default High Demand Jobs

I'm trying to find out what are some professions out there that are in high demand now and will be in high demand in the next 4 years or so...anyone know of any websites or first hand knowledge that can inform me?

My Ride
    Tundra

construction

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

MDs? Engineers in general are pretty good as most senior engineers will reach retirement age pretty soon.

My Ride
    09 XRS

The Calgary Health Region is crying for RN's right now.... but pretty much anything in the Medical area is in high demand... everywhere. Check out some university/college (esp. Mt. Royal) for more information on courses if that's what interests you! Hope this helps a bit.

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

Donut chef @ timmy's
    DOES ANYONE NEED A GO-JUICE?

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by adamc
    Donut chef @ timmy's
    That's sorta true. Whenever I go to Tim Horton's, they are so desperate for staff that they end up hiring all sorts of dirty Mainlanders who do the worst job possible of serving you.

My Ride
    is in storage, due to the recession!!!

machinists, welders anything to do with trades

Default Re: High Demand Jobs

Originally posted by 2.2vtec
    I'm trying to find out what are some professions out there that are in high demand now and will be in high demand in the next 4 years or so...anyone know of any websites or first hand knowledge that can inform me?

A lot can happen in four years . You'd be better off doing something you really like doing , rather then trying to get in a field thats in high demand . One thing is for sure though , great grades and a higher education will work in your favour most of the time .

As mentioned above , construction is always looking for new blood . I know a boatload of heavy equipment operators that are close to retiring , and in four years I'm pretty sure there will be a demand . It's seasonal though , and not for everybody .

My Ride
    V167

Doctor

As said above, anything in health care for surezzzz.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by nismodrifter
    Doctor

As said above, anything in health care for surezzzz.
    Whoa son, not everyone is as hardcore as you! 90% of the people who think they want to be doctors don't really have the ability. They ain't crazy like you mang...

My Ride
    the batmobile

chartered accountant. crazy demand right now, last summer as a mere summer student i got offered jobs by three different head hunters in calgary. one even called me at work and made their opening by asking me if i like my job. people at my office got called by head hunters on a regular basis. also its an internationally recognized designation, so even if the demand goes down in future years, you can get a job in any country in the commonwealth that happens to have a good demand. on top of that, accountants always have a job. when businesses are doing well they need accountants to do audits, and when the businesses are closing down they need accountants to handle their foreclosures. CA all the way.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    That's sorta true. Whenever I go to Tim Horton's, they are so desperate for staff that they end up hiring all sorts of "dirty Mainlanders" who do the worst job possible of serving you.
    Not exactly politically correct would you say?

Default Re: High Demand Jobs

Originally posted by 2.2vtec
    What stage of life are you in right now? Graduating high school and trying to choose a career? Currently in post-secondary? Already in the workforce but looking for positions with more upward mobility?

Calgary has just as much 'high demand' for unskilled work as it does for lawyers and doctors right now... it all depends on how much education/training you're willing/capable of doing.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by whodiman

Not exactly politically correct would you say?
    Don't have to be PC when it's the truth.

He must drop by the Country Hill Timmy's a lot. Everybody behind the counter is screaming Cantonese at each other. Very unprofessional. Let alone who knows what kind spit end up on my food.

But with labor shortage, who else can you get.

Back to original topic, anything health related should be a safe bet if you can deal with it. We may run out of resources but we'll never run out of old people.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 04-03-2007 at 03:05 PM.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Xtrema

He must drop by the Country Hill Timmy's a lot. Everybody behind the counter is screaming Cantonese at each other. Very unprofessional. Let alone who knows what kind spit end up on my food.

Back to original topic, anything health related should be a safe bet if you can deal with it. We may run out of resources but we'll never run out of old people.
    Dude, mainlanders don't speak cantonese, they speak mainlander.

Originally posted by Xtrema

Last time I checked unprofessional and dirty meant two different things. Nice of you to assume they are dirty because they are mainlanders though. I used to try to tell people from China how people in Canada are not nearly as prejudice as they think we are.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    Dude, mainlanders don't speak cantonese, they speak mainlander.
    What's wrong with being a mainlander?

My Ride
    ////M

Originally posted by lilmira
    MDs? Engineers in general are pretty good as most senior engineers will reach retirement age pretty soon.
    The baby boomers are going to start retiring soon
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yo bro, are you from that goat Calgary car forum that get salty over lawn care, land rovers and circumcisions? That's straight fire.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Super_Geo

What's wrong with being a mainlander?
    Nothing at all. But the problem the dirty mainlanders at Tim Horton's is that they're dirty. I don't mean all mainlanders are dirty, I'm just referring to the mainlanders who are dirty at Tim Horton's.

My Ride
    GMC : S15 sierra clasic (2.8), Jimmy SLT (4.3)

Originally posted by superboss
    machinists, welders anything to do with trades
    trades are in super high demand, mainly because everybody who was in them before is around 50 -70 and going to start dying off soon... the average age of people in my fab shop was 60, and there was about 20 people, there was a group of us there were 20 some and the average was still up around go, because we're working with some people who are in their 70's

when cut open, the rambutan unfortunately fails miserably to deviate from its outwardly testicular appearance, revealing an inside that looks for all the world exactly how you'd expect the contents of a scrotum to look.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast