Quantcast
Photo Radar Flashed me doing 20 UNDER the limit - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Photo Radar Flashed me doing 20 UNDER the limit

Default Photo Radar Flashed me doing 20 UNDER the limit

Well I got a weird one:

last night I was driving along a known photo radar spot in Calgary and I spotted the clean minivan with blacked out windows so I slowed down to 30 km/h next to him. Started to speed back up towards the speed limit as I passed him and he flashed me! There were no other cars around me.

WTF is with that? Doesn't the camera auto flash on a speed reading of "too fast"? Or does the guy sitting there have a button he can press just for fun?

Wouldn't it be an abuse of power to flash cars for no reason other than the guy being bored?

Can't see how I'm getting a ticket either way but is there some number I can call to find out why I was flashed?

I feel violated

you have to wait to see if u get a ticket in the mail. that happened to me once but i never got the ticket

Did you have your seatblet on? They don't always use it for speed...

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-30-2020 at 08:29 PM.

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Originally posted by digi355
    Did you have your seatblet on? They don't always use it for speed...
    What?!

ahaha this is the best thing i have heard all day. i would love to randomly flash people for no reason (oh wait, i already do do that...)
    1995 Talon Esi - 1989 Lebarron - 1991 Mr2 Turbo - 1991 Accord - 2005 Corolla - 2005 R6 - 1993 Talon Tsi - 2013 Mustang Coupe - 1997 Grand Prix GTP

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Default Re: Photo Radar Flashed me doing 20 UNDER the limit

Originally posted by Champ

Wouldn't it be an abuse of power to flash cars for no reason other than the guy being bored?
    How would it be an abuse of power? As long as you don't get a ticket, and why would you even slow down to 30 unless it was a 30 zone?

I don't know about here, but in BC (before they banned them) they would set-up the van, and take the first 10 cars speed, then that would be the speed at which you would get a ticket (assuming it wasn't below the posted limit). Maybe this is what happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

I slowed down to get a better look at the shiny new looking blacked out windows minivan! Wow, what a beauty!

And ya, I had my seatbelt on but there is no way that the guy could see that anyway.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Wait to see if you get a ticket or not, trying to explain the situation and look for answers from the police I would assume will lead to nothing but frustration and wasted time.
    Autosignature

You deserve the ticket for going 20 under..... People who slow down to 80 on deerfoot because they see the photoradar vans are doing no one a favor and are likely going to cause an accident because of the abrupt stoppage.

i got that flash too once, it's been 2 months and i still haven't seen the ticket in the mail.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Originally posted by nos_efx
    You deserve the ticket for going 20 under..... People who slow down to 80 on deerfoot because they see the photoradar vans are doing no one a favor and are likely going to cause an accident because of the abrupt stoppage.
    No offence, but i do agree with now_efx statement! Any one that goes under the speed limit(except for bad road conditons) Should get a ticket! They cause accidents.

My Ride
    WRX STI

Yeah i heard they were going to start giving tickets for people going way to slow when road conditions are fine. So i think you just screwed yourself over. Why didyou need to go so slow? 5 under or even the speed limit u would of been fine lol

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Start? They've been giving those tickets for years. I know a chick that got a ticket going 45 on McLeod (60 limit).
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    WRX STI

Well i know they always have but i think their just cracking down on them more. There starting to discover how many accidents are cause by the slow drivers.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

All of them, lol Fast drivers+slow drivers= accident IMO

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by jdmXSI
    All of them, lol Fast drivers+slow drivers= accident IMO
    Yea, that's why speed limits are BS. On US freeways, 80% of the drivers drive at a comfortable speed, which is usually well above the speed limit. Highway cops will only target ppl driving over and below those speeds.

Driving on Cali freeways are wicked. 65mph speed limits, everyone drives 85mph. You don't even want to pass people, everyone's just comfy at that speed.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2

Yea, that's why speed limits are BS. On US freeways, 80% of the drivers drive at a comfortable speed, which is usually well above the speed limit. Highway cops will only target ppl driving over and below those speeds.

Driving on Cali freeways are wicked. 65mph speed limits, everyone drives 85mph. You don't even want to pass people, everyone's just comfy at that speed.
    Haha! Straight roads, sun year round, no gravel or anything like that, of course you'd cruise at 85 MPH! That's the shit right there!
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride
    W204

Just got back from a trip in the US. In California, the slowest driver went 10 miles over the speed limit. I was doing 70 in a 60 zone. I passed NOBODY. I got passed a lot. And Cali has fairly high speed limits (like 70 on freeways and 45 on very busy roads). At every light, people would punch it until they hit the next light. It was pretty funny and stupid at the same time.

In Oregon, everyone there drives like a granny. People were doing 5 under on the interstate.

But ya, I was already doing 10 over the limit and got passed by leisurely cops. They don't care. Unless you're doing something blatantly stupid, then they usually leave you alone.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast