Quantcast
Need more guitar discussion - Page 45 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 45 of 119 FirstFirst ... 35 44 45 46 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Need more guitar discussion

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

I've never seen a swirl UV. Last one I saw on eBay went for $6,000! I actually had a dream where I found a guy who had no idea what he had, and he sold to me for $800 and I was so excited to making $5,200 off it

My Ride
    jeep YJ, Dodge Caravan

yeah ChromeBoy was going for 2500.00 I thought it was a good price for a cool show piece. That and the thing played like a dream!!!

Originally posted by Focus
    yeah ChromeBoy was going for 2500.00 I thought it was a good price for a cool show piece. That and the thing played like a dream!!!
    I like the JS2KPLT (Crystal Planet, aka "Clearboy") better. But I've never had the pleasure of laying my hands on either. But the JS2KPLT is stunning.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by wildkarrde
    Might be trading my beat up '71 SG for an equally beat up '84 Tele on the weekend.

as much as i like tele's/esquires, i would keep the sg. tele's can be had all over the place, vintage sg's not so much.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    jeep YJ, Dodge Caravan

I would have to agree with Finboy. I would keep the SG as well. I love tele's but they are very common.

Originally posted by Inzane
    - a UV77MC (Universe 7-string, multicolor swirl )
    - a UV777GR (", green)
    - a JEM777LNG (Lochness Green)
    - a JEM777DY or SK (Desert Sun Yellow or Shocking Pink)

- a JEM77GMC or JEM77PMC (Green or Purple multicolor swirl)
    - a JEM2KDNA (DNA swirl)
    - a JS3 (Donnie)
    - a JS4 (Electric Rainbow)
    - a JS5 (Rain Forest)
    - a JS2KPLT (Chrystal Planet acrylic)
    - a JS10th (Chromeboy)

All of these guitars (Vai and Satch signature models) are fairly rare and some are going for stupid money these days.
    Look at this guy's collection!!

My Ride
    1977 CB550

Originally posted by Focus
    I would have to agree with Finboy. I would keep the SG as well. I love tele's but they are very common.
    I can't stand how small the neck feels on the SG, I don't even play it because of it.

I can't stand how small the neck feels on the SG, I don't even play it because of it.
    If you don't like small necks (I assume you mean thin?) then stay away from all those Ibanezes I've been drooling over.

My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Originally posted by Inzane

Look at this guy's collection!!
    holy shit, the rain forest JS! Those are really, really rare if I remember right.. I heard a story about how the people who do own them made a pact to not post pictures of the entire guitar, so no one could make an accurate copy of the whole thing and they can maintain their uber-snob collector-but-not-player status.

My Ride
    jeep YJ, Dodge Caravan

Damn I am thinking that guy must have have a thing for Satch and Vai!!! verry sweet collection.

as for trading the SG for a Tele. If you don't like it I'll trade you my Squire Tele for it LOL

The tele you are getting, does it have the stock guts in it?

Originally posted by b_t
    holy shit, the rain forest JS! Those are really, really rare if I remember right.. I heard a story about how the people who do own them made a pact to not post pictures of the entire guitar, so no one could make an accurate copy of the whole thing and they can maintain their uber-snob collector-but-not-player status.
    I think there weren't more than about ~40 or so Rainforests made(JS5s), or it could be as high as ~60-80 depending who you ask. But no more than that. I never herad about the posting pictures thing, but I've seen pics of a handful of them (though not front & back).

I can't even take a guess at the value of that Rainforest because no one ever sells them, or so it seems. (likewise for the JS3 Donnies and JS4 Electric Rainbows). The Electric Rainbow would be my pick of the 3 personally.

My rough estimate of the value of that collection in the pic is at least ~$50,000 USD I'd say, and there are a couple in there that I can't even identify, so they might be customs. (eg. not sure if that purple swirl is a custom or a real JEM77PMC).

PS - I don't think I'd ever spend the uber-money required for some of the real rare ones, but I could definitely see myself owning 'a' JEM someday, of some variety. My preference would be one of those original JEM777s. Of the three colors, I'd want an LNG most, but would settle for the yellow or pink. Any of those would look awesome beside my 20th RG550RFR (Road Flare Red).
    Last edited by Inzane; 08-14-2008 at 04:08 PM.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

my tele neck is way thinner than my sg, but then again, it's an sg classic that has a notoriously big neck.

thought of getting a squire tele and getting a different neck? an esquire is about the easiest guitar you can build, and squire just released this...

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...ar-?sku=519376

seriously, take that, throw in $10 worth of electronics and a $30 gfs pickup and you have got a killer guitar. the 70's fenders apparently had a thicker neck, but from the fenders i've played, they usually have way smaller necks than gibson.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    1977 CB550

Looks like he backed out of the trade. Anyone else interested?

I've always got the term fat/thin wrong I think. I like the 'width' (nut width) of the neck on my PRS, nice and roomy. The nut width on the SG is what I think to be to small. My prs is wide/fat, so I'm assuming fat is the thickness of the neck itself?

My Ride
    jeep YJ, Dodge Caravan

The width of the neck on my tele is quite small as well. I'm not sure but I think that is the way it goes on a lot of tele's strat's If you like PRS's you would most likely love the way a Les Paul plays.

Ahhhhh if I only had the cash!! I love Gibsons!!!!!!

My Ride
    GT-R, S14, FC3S

I'm looking for a somewhere to restring and adjust the action on a ESP that has the wannabe Floyd on it.

Any recommendations?

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

I recently saw this link... anyone have an opinions or have tried this?? I "sounds" like it can really help anyone... thoughts?

http://www.guitarcontrol.com/main.php
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Seanith
    I recently saw this link... anyone have an opinions or have tried this?? I "sounds" like it can really help anyone... thoughts?

http://www.guitarcontrol.com/main.php
    The only thing that'll help is years of practice. You ain't gonna play like that overnight.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by rage2

The only thing that'll help is years of practice. You ain't gonna play like that overnight.
    Yeah I think the "you'll ashame people that have been playing for years overnight" bit is bs, but besides that, it seems like a "course" like this might be worthwhile?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It's probably worthwhile. I played for years and got nowhere, then kerry taught me a lot of relevant stuff, which I think is what this and many other "play like a rockstar overnight" programs offer.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

I don't think you really need to pay for it though... there are tons of free videos on YouTube that could help you out. Paul Gilbert has done some good ones. Just watching carefully can show you good ways to do alternate picking, sweeps, good exercises, all that kind of stuff.

Page 45 of 119 FirstFirst ... 35 44 45 46 55 ... LastLast