Quantcast
need accident advice for my wife, not the typical situation. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: need accident advice for my wife, not the typical situation.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Default need accident advice for my wife, not the typical situation.

In january 2006, my wife was a passenger in a car coming back from banff. Long story short, the driver lost control of the car as a semi passed by on the left, splashing slush and water onto the windshield, they were going apoximatly 75-80kph as the roads were pretty bad. anyways, the car starts to spin, and ends up hitting the front end of another semi in the fast lane, sending both the semi and the car into the ditch. the car went through 1 ditch, cleared the on ramp from old banff coach road and landed inside the clover leaf area.

EMS was called, and checked my wife out, i booked it from downtown calgary, and beat the ambulance there and 2/3rds of the emergency vehicles. total of 4 firetrucks, 3 EMS and 8 police vehicles.

anyways, my wife was working for the company, went out to banff for a job, and was on the way back in the employers vehicle. the employer did not pay any kind of hourly wage for travel time, but would provide some cash for "gas"

After the accident, her employer terminated her employment stating that with the accident his insurance rates were skyrocketing and could no longer afford to pay her. As she was laid up and in considerable pain, and with her not employed and in no shape to hit the pavement again, got our lawyer involved.

long story short, the lawsuit bounced back and forth between WCB (because she was "paid" for her travelling time, so the insurance company stated it should fall under WCB), and the insurance company.

We got a letter today stating the WCB has agreed to take over the case, and that WCB has basically stated that the case is now closed.

My wife is still regularily attending Physio therapy and at the direction of her doctor has just started Yoga classes.

We are terribly confused as to what is going on, and our lawyer, while we trust him without question, wasn't very clear about the current situation.

Just wondering if anyone else has gone through a similar situation, and can give us the right questions to ask to get rid of our confusion.

thanks in advance,
    Chris
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Soooo, she's collecting WCB cheques then?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

wcb is such bullshit

i got rear ended at work over a month ago and went to the "doctor"at a walk in clinic since my family doctor is crazy busy (i also made an apointment with her at that time for july)

so this doctor said i was fine and to go back to work the next day, so yeah i couldnt figure this out since when i got rear ended my head went threw the rear window of the pickup, he didnt get x-rays done or anything and i also have a long history of head injury and all he ask me about that was if i remembered the accident

so from wcb all i got was 1 day of wages for that

and then the day after that bs i went to physio and after about 2 and a half weeks finally got my money back from wcb and was told i was only getting it paid for till july 19 (yeah in 9 days from now)

and i went to my family doctor finally last week and she gave me tons of x-rays and meds to take and put me on light duty at work and said i should hopefully get more physio

and guess what? today im sitting im bed unable to move and not getting paid!! just because some cunt wasnt paying attention when driving

This is slightly unrelated to the op's thread but.. If you are on WCB then you should check out the doctor you are going to be seeing. A lot of people leave comments on www.ratemds.com about doctors, so that should give you a pretty good heads up wether or not the doctor is getting kick backs from the WCB.