Quantcast
Want to see a man in high heels? (For charity) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Want to see a man in high heels? (For charity)

My Ride
    Highlander

Default Want to see a man in high heels?

I need the help of all the wonderful beyonders. My brother is doing the "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes" challenge this year. It takes place on Sept 24th and basically a bunch of guys raise money for the battered women's shelter and then to "repay" all of the people who sponsored them, instead of the standard run or walk, the boys have to put on a pair of women's high heels and walk a mile down Stephan Avenue at lunch time.

Now for those of you who know my brother, you know this is going to be a hilarious sight to behold. For those who don't know him, he's a 6,6" tall guy, and a total ham. He once dressed as Anna Kornikova for halloween as part of a mixed doubles tennis team. His friend and teamate for this challenge is nearly as tall as my brother, but even a little bigger, and just as much of a ham.

Their team needs to raise $2000 in order for the boys to be able to participate in this, and it's going to a really great cause. So many women find themselves in need of the battered woman's shelter each year, along with their children. The support is really needed. The stamps, flames, Hitmen, various TV and Radio personalities, and the male members of city council (including the mayor) usually do this as well.

For those who donate to the cause, please post your email address here and I will add you to the list of supporters. Everyone who donates, I will send you all of the pictures from the day so that you can see just how great it was, even if you couldn't be there!

To pledge:

- Go to http://www.walkamile.ca
    - Click on "Support a Walker"
    - Scroll down until you come to the "HOT HEELS" team and click on the team name.
    - Click on "Support this team" **Please pledge the whole team and not just one walker, this will help them both reach their $1000 goal.**
    - Fill out the form and hit okay!
    - Add your email address to this thread and wait for the pictures to be sent to you!

Thanks so much guys! You are so awesome! Any little bit would be greatly appreciated! And once you finish your donation, apparently you can get your tax receipt printed right there, or emailed to you, I can't remember which. It's completely tax deductible!

Here are their "publicity photos" to get the ball rolling

Last edited by Melinda; 09-06-2007 at 12:04 PM.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

what your brother does on weekends is none of my business.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    CS-GA20DE-TT // B5 A4 TT

let the photochoping begin...

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by doublepostwhore
    let the photochoping begin...
    Seriously guys, he just really needs your support. Try to leave the drama out of this thread please!

My Ride
    Highlander

I'm not sure who stickied this for me but thank you so much! You're my superhero!

He's doing the walk on monday everyone! That's only two days! We've had some awesome support from a few beyonders already and we're in the final push stages for last minute fundraising! If anyone wants to contribute still, you do get a tax reciept emailed to you immediately afterwards and I will send out the pictures on monday night or tuesday!

Thanks so much again guys, and wish him (and his ankles!) a bit of luck!

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Have u guys thought about trying to get rage2 to do this??I think he'd bring in alot of money along with the cul-de-sac haircut
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Highlander

Well they did it! No one suffered any broken ankles and we had the laugh of a lifetime. The ended up raising about $1700 for the YWCA and had a great time. Thanks to all who supported them!