Quantcast
Shaw retentions wtf - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shaw retentions wtf

My Ride
    YZ250

Default Shaw retentions wtf

I just got off the phone with shaw retentions, and I'm very disappointed. I told them I was going to cancel and go to starchoice, they asked why and I told them, because $450 for their HDTV box is way to much starchoice, is $200 and then you get 200 back in programming credits and they have more HD channels.

She put me on hold for 5 min, came back was like ok we've processed your request. she didn't even counter offer? I was surprised. Anyone else have a similar or better experience? There was the one thread of a similar topic ($99 PVR or something) but it was closed last month.

My Ride
    Memories...

One thing about Shaw I noticed, they don't bend over backwards with deals. When I worked there years ago, they had the attitude that they offered better services and that is why they have customers, not becuase they offer deals.

Also, Starchoice and Shaw= Same Company.

If you had mentioned you were going to Bell they would have done something. Shaw owns Starchoice, so retentions doesn't need to do a thing.
    ---

My Ride
    1989 Civic SI

shoulda said bell or even Telus TV or somthing not star choice

My Ride
    YZ250

DAMMIT

Default Re: Shaw retentions wtf

Originally posted by Mazstyle
    I just got off the phone with shaw retentions, and I'm very disappointed. I told them I was going to cancel and go to starchoice, they asked why and I told them, because $450 for their HDTV box is way to much starchoice, is $200 and then you get 200 back in programming credits and they have more HD channels.

She put me on hold for 5 min, came back was like ok we've processed your request. she didn't even counter offer? I was surprised. Anyone else have a similar or better experience? There was the one thread of a similar topic ($99 PVR or something) but it was closed last month.
    Sorry the world doesnt bend over backwards for you...
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    VAG products

owned hahahaha

My Ride
    YZ250

Default Re: Re: Shaw retentions wtf

Originally posted by 403Gemini

Sorry the world doesnt bend over backwards for you...
    Until now it's been pretty flexible...

lol

i know some of the retention reps and as far as ive been told, they arent allowed to offer deals like other companies. my guess is its because people will abuse it and just call in and complain just for a better deal.

Having said that, if you have a service issue or something like that they can offer you things like a free month or channels preview, but they won't lower your rate for you. like asuth mentioned, the company attitude seems to be that their services are what keep customers with them, not their prices. if youre leaving to bell/starchoice etc cuz of prices, there's not much they'll do for you.

My Ride
    YZ250

I did numerous searches on shaw retentions, and nothing really came up anywhere, google, RFD etc. I guess their not like Rogers or Telus in that way.

Originally posted by anarchy
    lol

i know some of the retention reps and as far as ive been told, they arent allowed to offer deals like other companies. my guess is its because people will abuse it and just call in and complain just for a better deal.

Having said that, if you have a service issue or something like that they can offer you things like a free month or channels preview, but they won't lower your rate for you. like asuth mentioned, the company attitude seems to be that their services are what keep customers with them, not their prices. if youre leaving to bell/starchoice etc cuz of prices, there's not much they'll do for you.
    honestly id rather there NOT be retention reps... anybody ever try and cancel an AOL account? holy christ, 42 minutes later of saying "no" over and over...
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

honestly id rather there NOT be retention reps... anybody ever try and cancel an AOL account? holy christ, 42 minutes later of saying "no" over and over...
    yeah i hear you, from a customer standpoint if you know you wanna go, it'd be nice just to get it done.

but from a company standpoint, you'd be dumb not to have retention reps. even if youre not saving a lot of customers, one is better than none.

Telus doesnt have retention reps, i just switched from my adsl that ive had for 11 years to shaw and i didnt get a counter offer at all, didnt complain either

My Ride
    YZ250

Telus doesnt have retention reps, i just switched from my adsl that ive had for 11 years to shaw and i didnt get a counter offer at all, didnt complain either
    I don't know about the internet side but on the wireless side they do, I just renegotiated my contract and got $500 worth of goodies - new phone and credits for the next 2 years.

I don't know about the internet side but on the wireless side they do, I just renegotiated my contract and got $500 worth of goodies - new phone and credits for the next 2 years.
    They didnt seem to mind when i switched from them to rogers after 3 years Again, i dont look for hand-outs either.

Dont think id ever go back to telus for anything, I was never impressed with their service.

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

Default Re: Re: Re: Shaw retentions wtf

Until now it's been pretty flexible...
    good one dude!

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

My wife hates paying interest on her credit cards.
    She's very diligent to pay them every month.
    American Express Charged her 2 months in a row cause she was "late" with her payment, altho she had paid a few days ahead of the due date. They said they never received it on time. This was an online payment.

So with that she said "cancel"...well they went into full retention mode at that! And she never had an issue getting both months credited back!

So sometimes they bend over backwards for you...or are at least a bit flexible!
    Last edited by old&slow; 12-28-2007 at 09:12 PM.

My Ride
    Lease

Trying to get some Shaw internet sorted out, been waiting fuckin' 75 minutes WTF

Anyone working for Shaw tech support, wtf

My Ride
    MDX

They have a win back team in long distance and internet at Telus, fun times working there.....

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    Trying to get some Shaw internet sorted out, been waiting fuckin' 75 minutes WTF

Anyone working for Shaw tech support, wtf
    Most people are taking vacations just like the rest of the city

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast