Quantcast
What would you do? -Twins get married by accident - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What would you do? -Twins get married by accident

My Ride
    1098S

Default What would you do? -Twins get married by accident

http://healthandfitness.sympatico.ms...abc&date=False

LONDON - Twins who were separated at birth got married without realizing they were brother and sister, a legislator told the Britain's House of Lords.

A court annulled the British couple's union after they discovered their true relationship, Lord David Alton said.

The legislator provided few other details about the case when he mentioned it during a five-hour debate about a bill that would change regulations about human embryology. He said he had been told about the unusual case by a judge, who he did not name.

"I was recently involved in a conversation with a High Court judge who was telling me of a case he had dealt with," Alton said during the Dec. 10 debate. "It involved the normal birth of twins who were separated at birth and adopted by separate parents.

"They were never told that they were twins. They met later in life and felt an inevitable attraction, and the judge had to deal with the consequences of the marriage that they entered into and all the issues of their separation."

The case was first reported Friday in London's Evening Standard.

The High Court's Family Division declined to discuss or confirm Alton's account about the twins.

Alton, an independent legislator who works at Liverpool's John Moores University, said in a telephone interview Friday that the twins' inadvertent marriage raises the wider issue of the importance of strengthening the rights of children to know the identities of their biological parents, including kids who were born through in vitro fertilization.

Under British law, only a mother has to be named on a birth certificate. Such certificates also are not required to identify births that result from IVF or to identify the sperm donor.

In addition, British law does not require parents to ever tell children that they were the result of donated sperm.

Alton believes this should be changed.

"Everyone has a right to knowledge about their lineage, genealogy and identity. And if they don't, then it will lead to cases of incest," he said.

Alton said he favours an amendment to the Human Fertility and Embryology bill - which is still being debated in the House of Lords - that would require birth certificates of children born from donated sperm to say that and to identify the genetic father.

Referring to the twins' case, he said: "If you start trying to conceal someone's identity, sooner or later the truth will come out. And if you don't know you are biologically related to someone, you may become attracted to them and tragedies like this may occur."
    Originally posted by S2K2
    Haha I am pushin more hp than your car will ever see I have carbon fiber u don't...
    Originally posted by Sebasshole
    But give her a thumb in the eye just to be safe.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-19-2020 at 05:23 PM.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

^^ lol.

This is very sad. Sister and brother would have had sex together!

Honestly though, this sort of thing happened all the time in the old days; it just isn't acceptable by modern standards. And really, who in their right mind would want to continue a marriage with their sister/brother... imagine the ridicule!

My Ride

^^

As gross as it is this is, it was pretty much common for dynastic families trying to maintain pure blood throughout Europe's history.

The reason its not "acceptable" in modern standards is because of the horrid birth defects and genetic disorders that plagued royal families that partook in this for too many generations.

Besides, how fucked up do you have to be in the head to be able to get it up to put it in your sister.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Not that I approve of incest but if they were seperated at birth then they each grew up without knowing they even had a sibling. The only thing that makes them brother and sister is the genetic side. There is no family or sibling relationship there. Although I would be worried about any sort of genetic mutations they child would have I believe they should be alowed to continue with their marriage if thats what they want to do.... just dont go telling every one you have the same parents
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

LOL Happy birthday Uncle Daddy!!! poor kids they would have would turn into serial killers or something crazy like that.

I'm like a superhero with no powers or motivation.

My Ride
    E36, soarer

wonder if they ever had sex

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

PITB!!! wooot
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    Lease

If they're twins, wouldn't they look somewhat alike?

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

not always

Originally posted by Spatz
    wonder if they ever had sex
    they are married....

people have sex even before marriage...and they are already married, and im 99% sure they already did it...alot

My Ride
    Lexus IS

For some reason Luke and Leia in The Empire strikes back comes to mind. Of course they never did the nasty, but they did share that incestuous kiss.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

EUROTRIP!!! hahaha
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1098S

I was going to say that if they went through with the marriage they wouldn`t have in laws but then again they would their adopt parents as in laws. I don`t know how it could turn it. Imagine taking that huge leap of faith on a girl that you thought was the one, only to find out she is in deed your sister. They both loved each other enough to accept getting married.
    Originally posted by S2K2
    Haha I am pushin more hp than your car will ever see I have carbon fiber u don't...
    Originally posted by Sebasshole
    But give her a thumb in the eye just to be safe.

My Ride
    my bike

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    fraternal twins

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

PICTURES FTW

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

Originally posted by 5hift
    As gross as it is this is, it was pretty much common for dynastic families trying to maintain pure blood throughout Europe's history.

The reason its not "acceptable" in modern standards is because of the horrid birth defects and genetic disorders that plagued royal families that partook in this for too many generations.
    This is very true. Incest is actually quite okay (not by me, ignore my location ) biologically for a generation or two. It was when royal families, particularly the Romanian royal family, did this over hundreds of years and thus dozens of generations that shit started getting nasty.

Freud believed that incest became taboo after sons frequently killed their fathers due to the Oedipus complex, but I'm not sure that I buy in to that one.

Sounds like a soap opera story line

My Ride
    is an Experience.

What a shame, I bet they had soo much in common...lol

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

Devastation!!

Pretty sad. What the hell are the chances?!

Nature vs Nurture? Sometimes it's better not knowing.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast