Quantcast
Interrogation Video of Omar Khadr in Guantanamo. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Interrogation Video of Omar Khadr in Guantanamo.

Default Interrogation Video of Omar Khadr in Guantanamo.

Has anyone else seen this video on the news? Do you guy's think this kid has suffered enough? Does This kid need to come home? Is the kid a terrorist?

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

i think he can be tried here just as well as he can be tried there if the canadian government would be standing up for their citizens

so yes Harper should demand him back until this is straightened out.
    Cos...

Sure he is young, but he was taken into custody fighting the Americans, and is convicted of killing a US soldier. His whole family is associated with al-qaeda. IMO, they took a dangerous kid, capable of alot out of the picture....... I believe all the media attention will free him though. Hopefully that will not be the case.

My Ride
    gsr

He was underage when this shit happened and probably was force to do it

I also found out this kid remains the only western prisoner in Guantanamo Bay. All the other accused have been repatriated at the request of their native countries. Way to go Canada

My Ride
    gsr

they dont want to do anything about it because he is afghani and a muslim so being that eventually makes them think he is terrorist

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Originally posted by rmk
    Sure he is young, but he was taken into custody fighting the Americans, and is convicted of killing a US soldier. His whole family is associated with al-qaeda. IMO, they took a dangerous kid, capable of alot out of the picture....... I believe all the media attention will free him though. Hopefully that will not be the case.
    Actually, Omar Khadr has never been convicted of killing anybody -- there aren't even any reliable witnesses to what he's alleged to have done. Now he's been held unjustly without trial for six years now and our prime minister refuses to do anything about it. As a Canadian citizen, he needs to be brought back to Canada and tried here -- not remain under the torture of US prison officials.

If you want to go run around a war zone and hang out with terrorists, you can pay the price when caught.

Originally posted by Gainsbarre

Actually, Omar Khadr has never been convicted of killing anybody -- there aren't even any reliable witnesses to what he's alleged to have done. Now he's been held unjustly without trial for six years now and our prime minister refuses to do anything about it. As a Canadian citizen, he needs to be brought back to Canada and tried here -- not remain under the torture of US prison officials.
    You can't argue that he isn't an enemy combatant, he was fighting for the other side. The problem is that the USA is trying to be a moral society in a state of war which is near impossible to do. What do you do with the enemy once you capture them? You sure as hell don't release him back so he can fight another day.

Also this is a new type of war. We aren't fighting a conventional army that wears a uniform and takes orders from a centralized command. They are cells of ideological fighters that have no real top down organization. It's not like past wars where after hostilities have stopped the soldiers go home and stop fighting.

How you humanly treat the captured is a huge question. I have no real answers. In the past they probably would be executed and be done with. But in todays world, what do you do? I wouldn't want to see him repatriated into Canada as we are the enemy that he was fighting. I don't think he would integrate back into our society. All we would do is give him time to rejoin the fight and give him the opportunity to kill again.

There is no good answer I can think of, but the issue is much more complex than a simple answer.
    "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong....I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives.

My Ride
    "Four f***ing wheels and a seat!"

Originally posted by DayGlow

You can't argue that he isn't an enemy combatant, he was fighting for the other side. The problem is that the USA is trying to be a moral society in a state of war which is near impossible to do. What do you do with the enemy once you capture them? You sure as hell don't release him back so he can fight another day.

Also this is a new type of war. We aren't fighting a conventional army that wears a uniform and takes orders from a centralized command. They are cells of ideological fighters that have no real top down organization. It's not like past wars where after hostilities have stopped the soldiers go home and stop fighting.

How you humanly treat the captured is a huge question. I have no real answers. In the past they probably would be executed and be done with. But in todays world, what do you do? I wouldn't want to see him repatriated into Canada as we are the enemy that he was fighting. I don't think he would integrate back into our society. All we would do is give him time to rejoin the fight and give him the opportunity to kill again.

There is no good answer I can think of, but the issue is much more complex than a simple answer.
    Yes, this is a complex issue. However, as a Canadian citizen, Omar Khadr is entitled to our fundamental right of being supposed innocent until proven guilty (this of course is also a key component of the US constitution). Holding him up for six years in a foreign facility that has been identified by agencies such as the Red Cross as one that tortures its detainees is unjust. Allowing the torture of a person that hasn't been convicted of anything (and whose evidence against is shaky at best), just to "set an example" does not sit well with me at all -- isn't that what terrorists do? After six years, he should have been repatriated and handed over to Canadian authorities already.

I find this article quite interesting: http://www.thestar.com/article/345838

The military commander’s official report the day after the raid originally said the assailant who threw the grenade was killed, which would rule out Khadr as the suspect.

The report was revised months later, under the same date, to say a U.S. fighter had only “engaged” the assailant, according to Kuebler, who said the later version was presented to him by prosecutors as an “updated” document.

Kuebler told reporters after the hearing that it appears “the government manufactured evidence to make it look like Omar was guilty.”

My Ride
    72 Virgins

He wasn't in Canada. He wasn't in the USA. He was in Afghanistan of his own volition, engaging in open warfare as a trained enemy combatant. Tell me again how he's Canadian?

These fuckheads that use Canada as a "Home Base" for when their card gets pulled aren't Canadian as far as a lot of true blooded Canadians are concerned - and before anyone cries racist let me add that yes there are plenty of new immigrants from around the globe that I gladly consider true blooded Canadians because they love this country and hold it's values in high regard.

This reminds me of all the lebanese living in lebanon for months, in some cases longer, and when war broke out they all cried "BUT WE'RE CANADIAN!!!" Sure you are - Canadian for convenience. There are plenty of people that only wish they could live in our country, but for some reason a high proportion of scumbags, malcontents, and miscreants seem to end up at the front of the line taking the place of honest people looking for a place that offers hope, opportunity, and a better future. Canadian my ass.
    Originally posted by Spoons
    I can't even count the amount of times I took a pill with meth, heroine, speed, you name it laced with it. You gotta be careful.

Originally posted by DayGlow
    There is no good answer I can think of...
    You mean... a taser won't solve this??!

Well besides that, it's just known taser solves all

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

harper = giant vagina
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

As a 16 year old he was brainwashed by his surroundings, and no matter what he did, he does deserve at the very least the Geniva convention, as well as the basic rights of a combatant child. Guantanamo bay was most definatly not befiting to these definitions.

He is a Canadian, we must stand up for him, if you feel for him call your MLA.

How the fuck does any fucking CHILD evil or not deserve that. There is absolutely no reason. FUCK

And to further that, was it not a "war", was america not expecting damage on their side?

My fucking god, he was a CHILD. He was forced by having his brain, his thoughts, his ideology twisted. He's been rotting in below 3rd world conditions. No Canadian child deserves this.

For fucks sake people, forget race, just take it out of the picture, he is Canadian.

Plenty of 16 yr olds were in the world wars, hardly brainwashed when you fully believe the cause, and are willingly committed to it.
    Last edited by Supa Dexta; 07-15-2008 at 11:42 PM.

Originally posted by G-Suede
    He wasn't in Canada. He wasn't in the USA. He was in Afghanistan of his own volition, engaging in open warfare as a trained enemy combatant. Tell me again how he's Canadian?

These fuckheads that use Canada as a "Home Base" for when their card gets pulled aren't Canadian as far as a lot of true blooded Canadians are concerned - and before anyone cries racist let me add that yes there are plenty of new immigrants from around the globe that I gladly consider true blooded Canadians because they love this country and hold it's values in high regard.

This reminds me of all the lebanese living in lebanon for months, in some cases longer, and when war broke out they all cried "BUT WE'RE CANADIAN!!!" Sure you are - Canadian for convenience. There are plenty of people that only wish they could live in our country, but for some reason a high proportion of scumbags, malcontents, and miscreants seem to end up at the front of the line taking the place of honest people looking for a place that offers hope, opportunity, and a better future. Canadian my ass.
    Do you realise he was a child? or does that escape your red neck ass.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Its tough to say what should happen. All I know is that if what I read is true, the torture he has been put through is pretty fucked up. Sleep deprivation, being held in uncomfortable positions for hours until he soils him self, then they drag him through his own piss and refuse him a change of clothes.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

lol
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast