Quantcast
Saddleridge woman runs over sister and her daughter?! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Saddleridge woman runs over sister and her daughter?!

Default Saddleridge woman runs over sister and her daughter?!

Anybody know anything about this, reallly curious...

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybea..._224626_3674_0

I don't mean to make light of it but the media is saying that the chick was "learning to drive"....seems a little unbelievable, unless she was high on Acid while she was learning...

Sad nonetheless. RIP

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

just saw this on the news....no matter how sad and unfortunate it is, you almost can't help but be slightly amused at how terrible of a driver she must have been.

RIP

My Ride
    09 e92 335i

Wtf teach the woman what a brake pedal does before she drives!

My Ride
    '15 GTI

wtf...fucking idiot, rip to the innocent bystander

wow how dumb can you be.

should have gotten out of the car after she hit a house. she obviously didnt know wtf she was doing why would she still try. and why wasnt anyone sitting in the passenger seat with her if she was trying to learn.
    Big pimpiiiinnnnnnnnn

My Ride
    15,000 red line

If you are not confident enough, take help of an instructor; at least he can brake for you...
    RIP
    Last edited by ragu; 08-16-2020 at 08:19 AM.

My Ride
    Acura Integra

OMG, only in the NE

I'm guessing she was new to Canada or something, most people learn to drive in their teens.

Shitty deal...she's gonna have to live with that the rest of her life.
    Originally posted by maZda3
    so ima stop talkin cuz its not me thats emberasing myself but you...so yea pce

My Ride
    Lease

Originally posted by khtm
    I'm guessing she was new to Canada or something, most people learn to drive in their teens.

Shitty deal...she's gonna have to live with that the rest of her life.
    RIP

I was allowed to (UNDER SUPERVISION) move the car in and out of the driverway @ 12

Sad thing is, they'll probably pass her if she goes through the driving school examier.

Default Re: Saddleridge woman runs over sister and her daughter?!

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-18-2020 at 10:02 AM.

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Default Re: Re: Saddleridge woman runs over sister and her daughter?!

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    Wasn't she teaching her sister how to drive at the time? Where does it say she ran over her sister?
    The sister wasn't in the car with her...

pic of victim in this article. rip.

Calgary woman kills sister backing car out of driveway
    Canwest News Service
    Published: Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Handout/Canwest News Service
    CALGARY -- A woman who died after she was hit by a car in a bizarre crash Monday evening is the sister of the woman who was at the wheel.

The driver, believed to be in her mid-20s, had never driven before and didn't have a driver's licence, according to relatives.

Her older sister apparently gave her the car keys, allowing her to reverse to the end of the short driveway in Calgary's Saddlecrest neighbourhood.

Around 8:30 p.m. local time, the young woman backed out of the driveway at high speed and crashed into a house across the street. That crash pried the car's bumper loose.

The woman then drove forward and crossed back over the street, where she struck her sister, who was standing on the sidewalk. The car continued up the driveway, hit the victim's four-year-old daughter, and crashed into the front steps of another house.

Relatives of the dead woman identified her as Amandeep Brar, who lived with her husband, Ranjit, at the Saddlecrest Close home where she was killed. The couple has a four-year-old daughter, Amrit, who was struck but suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

The little girl has been told her mother is dead, but doesn't yet grasp that she will not return, Ranjit's sister-in-law, Swarnjit Brar said Tuesday.

"She's saying my mom passed away, but she doesn't know what means passed away," Swarnjit said. "She still thinks her mom's going to come back."

The car that struck Amandeep finally came to rest at the front steps of Lili Mekuria's home, which is beside the Brar house.

Mekuria was inside her home at the time and said the collision sounded like a bomb. She grabbed her daughter and took her to the back of the house.

Moments later, Mekuria emerged to see the victim lying on the ground. Neighbours went over and attempted to tend to her injuries, to no avail. Amandeep died later in hospital.

Mekuria took the victim's daughter into her home, where she tried to calm her and assess her injuries.

Mekuria said Amandeep and her sister were "very, very close. You always see them together."

One witness to the crash said the victim was hit straight on and dragged briefly. Shawn St. Amand, who lives only a few doors down from the accident, said the driver got out and dropped to her knees.

"I slept two hours last night; I can't stop picturing it," St. Amand said of the crash.

The investigation is ongoing.

Calgary Herald

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

There is no way being a bad driver had anything to do with this. The person driving must have been under some sort of influence, drugs, alcohol, maybe just super angry about something.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-18-2020 at 09:53 AM.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    There is no way being a bad driver had anything to do with this. The person driving must have been under some sort of influence, drugs, alcohol, maybe just super angry about something.
    I wouldn't be so sure man. This wouldn't be the first time that a seemingly underconfident and motor-skill-deprived woman has done something like this. e.g - two seperate women in china town who drove into a store because they panicked and mistakened the accelerator for the brake. It's just sheer incompetence, for lack of a better term.

My Ride
    2007 subaru impreza

"She's saying my mom passed away, but she doesn't know what means passed away," Swarnjit said. "She still thinks her mom's going to come back."

That's one of the most depressing things I've ever read, R.I.P.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

I wouldn't be so sure man. This wouldn't be the first time that a seemingly underconfident and motor-skill-deprived woman has done something like this. e.g - two seperate women in china town who drove into a store because they panicked and mistakened the accelerator for the brake. It's just sheer incompetence, for lack of a better term.
    Thats crazy if that's the case.. wow
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Yeah what a fucking tragic story. But I wouldn't put it past her that she was sober.

It's her first time ever behind the wheel, obviously guns it and when she hits the house.she panics and tries to drive away and hits her sister and keeps going.

But man...all she was supposed to do was reverse to the end of her driveway. Why the fuck wasn't the sister in the car with her!

For the safety of all Calgarians, I hope she never gets her license. There are too many low-functioning drivers out there already.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast