Quantcast
Pho Dau Bo's customer service sucks - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pho Dau Bo's customer service sucks

Default Pho Dau Bo's customer service sucks

Boy do I miss the old owners....

I was there this weekend and ordered Chicken Sate pho and a rice dish for my son. They totally screwed up the rice dish. And my chicken sate comes out as beef sate. Told the owner...her exact words were " I'll make a brand new bowl for you" and she took it away and bought what i thought was a new bowl but I just think they pulled the beef out and added the chicken as half way done I found beef at the bottom of my bowl.

I told her again and she made it like its my fault and I shouldn't bother them so much.

Anyone get the same feelings from the new owners???

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Actually, your right, Pho Dau Bo has changed ownership....but their Pho is the best mmm nuoc beo so I dont mind the bad customer service....and I would choose to not complain especially at a asian restaurant, cause who knows what else they added when they "remake and give you a brand new bowl"....
    Last edited by dj_rice; 08-10-2008 at 09:23 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by dj_rice
    Actually, your right, Pho Dau Bo has changed ownership....but their Pho is the best mmm nuoc beo so I dont mind the bad customer service....and I would choose to not complain especially at a asian restaurant, cause who knows what else they added when they "remake and give you a brand new bowl"....
    Didn't know they changed owners but seriously man, you are paying $8 or whatever for a bowl of pho. The fact that they even acknowledged their error is going above and beyond what is necessary.

Complain a second time and they probably gave you the look of "if you don't stfu I'm going to throw you out of my restaurant"
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Bagolac Saigon, nuff said.

My Ride
    NC1

^^^

Haven't been there since my friend's family sold it to focus on their Thai Tai's. Going have to give it another shot.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

the problem is they didnt even acknowledge it. I had to tell them and they made a fuss about it before they checked the order sheet. when you are paying $10 bucks for a bowl of pho you should expect them to get the order right. To be serious how hard is it to read chicken (ga) and beef (bo).

My Ride
    Axis powers

never had a problem at pho dau bo.. last time they forgot our drinks but that wasn't a big deal

Originally posted by Super_Geo
    Bagolac Saigon, nuff said.
    have you tried other places? are you white?
    bagolac caters to people new to eating viet

pho dau bo and le da have the best sate i've had
    Sig nuked by mod.

I have yet to try le da's sate but dau bo has some amazing ass sate. Another place I enjoy for sate and the dac biet is pho hoai.

Everytime I got to dau bo its been really good the service sucks but whatever man if I wanted good service I would stick to white food

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by GQBalla
    I have yet to try le da's sate but dau bo has some amazing ass sate. Another place I enjoy for sate and the dac biet is pho hoai.

Everytime I got to dau bo its been really good the service sucks but whatever man if I wanted good service I would
    stick to white food

Exactly, I dont go in expecting A+ customer service out of any Pho or Chinese restaurant, hell the dirtier the restaurant, the better all these white people are so uptight with customer service and cleanliness its getting retarded...hopefully U & Me re-opens soon

I've had the best weed at Le Da
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by max_boost
    ^^^

Haven't been there since my friend's family sold it to focus on their Thai Tai's. Going have to give it another shot.

The new owners REALLY f'ing sucked at first, I made a thread about my disapointment over a year ago.

We finally went back last month, and they've improved their service, but the food still isn't as good as it was with your friends being owners.

Good enough to go back again though.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

That's my gf's favourite place. It's okay but the old owners were much better.

Originally posted by adam c
    have you tried other places? are you white?
    bagolac caters to people new to eating viet

pho dau bo and le da have the best sate i've had
    Haven't found any other pho place in the city that has a sate pho like Bagolac... even went to a few of the places recommended on Beyond and their sate pho just wasn't the same.

Have you tried Bagolac's curry dishes? Phenomenal. They use fresh green/red peppers, and they use better meat than most Vietnamese resteraunts I've been to in Calgary.

I hit up Bagolac on a consistent basis on Saturdays, amazing hang over cure. I think we've discovered the perfect meal for 4:

Appetizers:
    4x spring rolls
    4x salad rolls
    52- Sate beef Pho to share

Main dishes:
    152 - Prawn/yellow curry dish, replace the prawns with chicken... you get shitload of chicken, haha
    145 - Beef w/ satay sauce
    Large order of coconut rice

Dessert:
    4x Iced Coffees

Comes to like $68, which is perfect... $20/person + a couple extra loonies to round it out to a 20% tip. I don't think I've ever had a meal at Bagolac that hasn't deserved a 20% tip.

I'm Asian, but the people I go with are all white, and they rant and rave about it. Haha what can I say though... I like white-people's Asian food.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Originally posted by Super_Geo

Haven't found any other pho place in the city that has a sate pho like Bagolac... even went to a few of the places recommended on Beyond and their sate pho just wasn't the same.

Have you tried Bagolac's curry dishes? Phenomenal. They use fresh green/red peppers, and they use better meat than most Vietnamese resteraunts I've been to in Calgary.

I hit up Bagolac on a consistent basis on Saturdays, amazing hang over cure. I think we've discovered the perfect meal for 4:

Appetizers:
    4x spring rolls
    4x salad rolls
    52- Sate beef Pho to share

Main dishes:
    152 - Prawn/yellow curry dish, replace the prawns with chicken... you get shitload of chicken, haha
    145 - Beef w/ satay sauce
    Large order of coconut rice

Dessert:
    4x Iced Coffees

Comes to like $68, which is perfect... $20/person + a couple extra loonies to round it out to a 20% tip. I don't think I've ever had a meal at Bagolac that hasn't deserved a 20% tip.

I'm Asian, but the people I go with are all white, and they rant and rave about it. Haha what can I say though... I like white-people's Asian food.
    I like the variety at Bagolac but I will not get the Pho there. Bun yes, curry yes. But the Pho sucks compared to Pho Dau Bo or even Noodle World (next door to Pho Dau Bo). It is soooo good at both!

My Ride
    02 TL1000R, 14 F150 FX4, 11 XKR 175

Originally posted by lelalong

I like the variety at Bagolac but I will not get the Pho there. Bun yes, curry yes. But the Pho sucks compared to Pho Dau Bo or even Noodle World (next door to Pho Dau Bo). It is soooo good at both!
    Noodle World's pho is not as tasty as Pho Dau Bo. It is usually hotter though, which sometimes is a good thing.

I am not a fan of bagolac because every time I go there I get some bitchy ass waitress that expects us to tip them.

Originally posted by mrjay1987
    I am not a fan of bagolac because every time I go there I get some bitchy ass waitress that expects us to tip them.
    Oh the humanity.

My Ride
    Daewoo Tico, Hyundai Grace

When I worked for a pest control company in Calgary back in the day, I used to dread walking into a "PHO" Anything restaurant. Some of the "PHO" places we attempted to help "clean up their act" were eventually shut down by Calgary Regional Health. 5+ mice caught in traps each week, mouse droppings on the kitchen shelves, drain fly's, improper cleaning supplies, no soap to wash your hands ...

Maybe the new owners will get shut down and then nobody will go there!

Eat at McDonald's! The food is fatty and yucky, but at least they are clean! hehehe

My Ride
    Axis powers

^^ like people have said.. the dirtier the tastier
    Sig nuked by mod.

mmmmmm, mice droppings....
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    Audi

Originally posted by dj_rice

Exactly, I dont go in expecting A+ customer service out of any Pho or Chinese restaurant, hell the dirtier the restaurant, the better all these white people are so uptight with customer service and cleanliness its getting retarded...hopefully U & Me re-opens soon

I've had the best weed at Le Da
    Exactly! You don't go to a vietnamese/chinese restaurant and expect good service unless you are getting shit for food.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast