Quantcast
RACE CITY - city hall vote coming! Contact your alderman! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: RACE CITY - city hall vote coming! Contact your alderman!

Sent an e-mail to ward 11 Brian Pincott... waiting for reply.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I email'd my councilman when this first came up.

I agreed with shutting it down, but also placed emphasis on finding a new spot for a new city/province-supported track that would bring international business. Somewhere that the city wouldn't plan on annexing for more garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Interesting article about the whole deal if you haven't read it.

http://www.secalgarynews.com/feature...ity/#more-1493

Hello blank,

Thank you for your e-mail to Alderman Pincott's office. The Committee and Council discussions surrounding the lease agreement for Race City are happening 'in camera' and as such, I am not allowed to discuss the details of the reports on this topic until such time as the reports are made publically available.

I have reviewed your e-mail below with Brian and we will keep your comments on file for reference as this issue moves forward.

Kind regards

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

So anyone in Ward 11 send away, the rest of the aldermen look on board but this guy does not...

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Hi Linda, I am just writing to show support to keep Race City open. I know its not the most important thing on the agenda but the loss of Race City will cause a number of problems. As a small business here in Calgary devoted to performance cars and modification of these cars, we rely on the customers in the race community to come in and purchase products for their cars which they take to race at race city. If there is no track, there is no need for these people to invest in a sport where they cant participate. Kids cant play hockey if they dont have arena's and racers cant race if they dont have a track. Therefore, numerous performance related shops will suffer even more in this already slumping economy.
    My next point is the obvious street racing aspect. As a former street racer myself, I can tell you how easy it is to use such streets as bow bottom and anderson road to race. We began using the track years ago and it is a much better and safer environment to go and have fun with friends as well as race in a controlled environment. I have seen the downside of street racing in terms of accidents, injures and the amount of police manpower that is needed to combat street racing. The track provides a place to educate younger drivers on safe driving techniques instead of trying it on our city roads with the genral public at risk. Please take this message into consideration as the track does more to benefit this city than most people realize.
    Last edited by civic_stylez; 01-23-2009 at 11:03 AM.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by civic_stylez

Hi Linda, I am just writing to show support to keep Race City open. I know its not the most important thing on the agenda but the loss of Race City will cause a number of problems. As a small business here in Calgary devoted to performance cars and modification of these cars, we rely on the customers in the race community to come in and purchase products for their cars which they take to race at race city. If there is no track, there is no need for these people to invest in a sport where they cant participate. Kids cant play hockey if they dont have arena's and racers cant race if they dont have a track. Therefore, numerous performance related shops will suffer even more in this already slumping economy.
    My next point is the obvious street racing aspect. As a former street racer myself, I can tell you how easy it is to use such streets as bow bottom and anderson road to race. We began using the track years ago and it is a much better and safer environment to go and have fun with friends as well as race in a controlled environment. I have seen the downside of street racing in terms of accidents, injures and the amount of police manpower that is needed to combat street racing. The track provides a place to educate younger drivers on safe driving techniques instead of trying it on our city roads with the genral public at risk. Please take this message into consideration as the track does more to benefit this city than most people realize.

Wow James, I have never heard you this professional before...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Originally posted by EK 2.0

Wow James, I have never heard you this professional before...
    Ya i turnt on da TV and learn-ed sum new wordz off dem dere judge judy show.....
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

THAT's the James I know...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

WArd 13 sent:

Hello,

I would like to voice my concerns regarding the potential closure of Race City Motorsport Park. I feel that the loss of such a safe environment for automotive enthusiasts to practice and enjoy our sport would be more destructive to our community then beneficial to the city. I have heard the city needs the land for the Sheppard Landfil expansion, however, without an adaquate equal or replacement facility it increases the risk and danger of people taking their motorsport passions to the public streets of Calgary.

Please i urge you keep Race City open until a suitable replacment facility is open. We cannot risk a potential loss of life over an immediate expansion for a landfil.

I realize proper infastructure for our growing city is a necessity, i'm not against that. Im am against shutting down the only safe environment for motorsports with no provisions for another venue.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to my concerns.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

^letter to an alderman spelling fail.. J/K

mailed ward 12, although i'm sure he'll just add me to a list of names because he's the one wanting to keep it open. Maybe we should forward our emails to all 14 aldermen instead of just our own.

I contacted my Alderman as well!

Post up the replies once you get them
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    party car

Mailed Ward 5
    I like things with wheels.

Thank you for your email. Alderman Connelly is currently in meetings for the day. In response, your email will be provided for his review and will remain part of our files as this issue moves forward for further discussion. Alderman Connelly is very aware of Race City and has attended many times however this is not a simple lease issue.
    Thank you taking the time to write and share your concerns and suggestions. Should you wish to provide additional information or comment, please feel free to contact this office.

Ms. Bernie Gristwood, Executive Assistant to
    Ward 6 Alderman Joe Connelly
    The City of Calgary
    PO Box 2100, Stn "M" (#8001A)
    Calgary, AB T2P 2M5
    403-268-2430

In the process of writing back.

Well seems to be mixed reactions but I have definatly made my self noticed this morning

Hello Jay,
    Thank you for your e-mail to Alderman Pincott's office. The Committee and Council discussions surrounding the lease agreement for Race City are happening 'in camera' and as such, I am not allowed to discuss the details of the reports on this topic until such time as the reports are made publically available.
    I have reviewed your e-mail below with Brian and we will keep your comments on file for reference as this issue moves forward.
    Kind regards,
    Kirsty Neill
    Constituent Assistant
    Ward 11, Alderman Brian Pincott
    The City of Calgary | Mail code: #8001A
    T 403.268.2430 | E [email protected] | www.ward11calgary.ca

Hi Jay!

Thank you for taking the time to write and express your support for Race City.

Alderman Diane is also very supportive of Race City and feels that they are an asset to Calgary.

I hope this information is of some help.

Kindest regards,

Kelly

Thank you for taking the time to email your concern for Race City.
    Alderman McIver requested Administration to look for a location that Race City could move to about a year ago and he has been speaking with the private sector as well. Oct. 2008 he brought a Notice of Motion to Council that Administration be directed to allow Race city to continue to renew their lease based on the original terms conditions and renewal options beginning with approval to renew to 2015 as Race City motorsports inc. has requested. All Race city matters before Council are now in camera, which means the discussion is closed to the public. Administration officials have also deemed that any matters related to Race city, including background studies and reports, are also in camera and cannot be discussed in public until released by council, I believe it is going to Council Jan. 26, 2009.
    Kim Stark
    Constituent Assistant for
    Alderman McIver, Ward 12
    The City of Calgary
    ph: 268-1698

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

Default What now?

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Default Re: What now?

Originally posted by frozenrice
    Race City lease extension rejected.
    *sigh* the system really doesn't work (as we hope it to), so there has been negotiations/paperwork made to extend to 2015 and that's the final ending to this whole thing?

Fuck you city!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast