Quantcast
Nba '03-'04 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Nba '03-'04

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Default Nba '03-'04

I'm a big b-ball fan so I thought I'd throw out a topic in case aynone else is and would like to discuss. Here are some general comments:

-Kings missed their chance and they are done
    -Lakers with Kobe can't be stopped
    -Minnesota will finaly get out of the first round
    -Wizards will have no chance of making the playoffs
    -No team in the east will compete with the west power

My Ride
    NC1

You have to like New Jersey's chances in the East, if Zo plays like his old self, the finals are going to be much more interesting.

Orlando screwed themselves with the Grant Hill signing, he's still out for at least another year. If T-Mac stayed in T.O, it be T.O in the finals.

The West is so stacked that any team from there can represent the East and in the finals.

What about the Mavericks? They signed Antawn Jamison, 4 young hungry superstars in their lineup.

If Minnesota doesn't get out of the first round, all hell is going to break loose. I like the signings of Spre, Candyman and Hudson is a wicked player.

The Blazers are still too busy smoking weed.

Pheonix, young team with good talent. Stoudamire is a budding superstar but they have no hope in the West.

Sacremento Kings, Peja, Bibby (overrated), C-Webb, Vlade, I wouldn't count them out.

San Antonio, they won't repeat. Sure, Duncan is good but the rest of the team had a fluky playoff.

The Lakers, if Kobe can get out of his mess, give the championship to them. The best coaching staff, one of the best PG/SG/PF/C in the game. Don't mess with Show time!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

The Mavericks are going to be the team to beat this year. They have too many weapons on offense to hold them to under 100 points, if they can learn how to play defense they should destroy everybody. I don't like teams that buy championships, so I am still hoping they go down, but I think that is unlikley to happen.

If the Raptors can get it together and that chump Vince Carter doesnt get injured every other game, then Toronto has a good shot at coming out of the East and then getting stomped by whoever wins the West.
    Michael Scott: "Do I want to be feared or loved? Um... easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

I agree TO with TMac would have been vicious but without TMac an unhealthly Vince, the Raptors are out of the playoffs.

I don't discount the Mavs and quite honestly I would love to see them win, but I just don't think they have what it takes to toplle the Lake show.

I really like Minn too, but same story with the Mavs I don't think tehir quite good enough to beat Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton, argubly a line that could start the AllStar game.
    Autosignature

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by PGTze
    The Mavericks are going to be the team to beat this year. They have too many weapons on offense to hold them to under 100 points, if they can learn how to play defense they should destroy everybody. I don't like teams that buy championships, so I am still hoping they go down, but I think that is unlikley to happen.
    Dallas doesn't have much of a chance because they're not physical enough. Raef Lafrentz is not a by any means a forwards. He's basically a REALLY tall guard, but because of his size, he's thrown in as a forward.
    Nowitzki is as close to a forward they have which isn't saying much with Bradley on the team.

Even then, Dallas is too 3-point reliant. When you have forwards who can shoot 3's better than most guards and Bradley as your only source of rebounding and blocking, you don't stand much of chance against the Lakers with Shaq, Spurs with Duncan, Kings with Webber, etc.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

It kinda sucks that the East isn't as dominate as the West. The East was always my favourite conference.

As much as I hate the Lakers and their cockiness it's tough to come up with a team that can be as dominate as them right now. With Malone in that front line Shaq isn't gonna have to work as hard and their offense is gonna be amazing cause not only do you have to double team Shaq all the time you gotta throw that double team at Malone as well.

Boston is still my team in the East though...Paul is gonna have an amazing year I think.

I hope Minni makes it outta the first round and shakes their bad luck...this year they'll have a good team to make that happen!

I'm sooooo glad I have this crazy Dish Network satellite...get about a billion channels of Fox Sportsnet and a bunch of NBA League Pass channels!

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Originally posted by sexualbanana

Dallas doesn't have much of a chance because they're not physical enough. Raef Lafrentz is not a by any means a forwards. He's basically a REALLY tall guard, but because of his size, he's thrown in as a forward.
    Nowitzki is as close to a forward they have which isn't saying much with Bradley on the team.

Even then, Dallas is too 3-point reliant. When you have forwards who can shoot 3's better than most guards and Bradley as your only source of rebounding and blocking, you don't stand much of chance against the Lakers with Shaq, Spurs with Duncan, Kings with Webber, etc.
    I agree, shoot threes all you want but you better not miss trying to board against shaq and malone

Western conference final Lakers vs. Minnesota
    Eastern conference final Sixers vs. Nets

Those are the matchups Id like too see, Detriot is gunna be alot better this year with added talent and new coach, so can throw them into the talks about the east. Other then haveing to hear about kobe every minute, the upcoming season should be interesting.

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

Default Re: Nba '03-'04

Originally posted by pinoyhero
    I'm a big b-ball fan so I thought I'd throw out a topic in case aynone else is and would like to discuss. Here are some general comments:

-Kings missed their chance and they are done
    -Lakers with Kobe can't be stopped
    -Minnesota will finaly get out of the first round
    -Wizards will have no chance of making the playoffs
    -No team in the east will compete with the west power
    ohhh kobe will be stopped, by a 300 pound black man in jail..hahahaha

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Originally posted by yankeefan
    Western conference final Lakers vs. Minnesota
    Eastern conference final Sixers vs. Nets

Those are the matchups Id like too see, Detriot is gunna be alot better this year with added talent and new coach, so can throw them into the talks about the east. Other then haveing to hear about kobe every minute, the upcoming season should be interesting.
    I would love to see that west final as well but I think minn will make it to the second round at best.

Yeah its just wishful thinking, nba this year hinges on Shaqs health. If hes healthy lakers win. If he gets hurt, 10 teams have a shot at the championship.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Originally posted by yankeefan
    Yeah its just wishful thinking, nba this year hinges on Shaqs health. If hes healthy lakers win. If he gets hurt, 10 teams have a shot at the championship.
    I agree with your one point that if shaq is healthy then the lakers are champs but don't know about there being 10 other competitive teams. Maybe 3 or 4

was more of an exageration then anything really, If shaq gets hurt I think 3 teams out of the east have a chance. And 3 or 4 teams out of the west.

East(detroit,new jersey,philadelphia)
    West(sacremento,san antonio,dallas) mayby minnesota. definately would be alot more wide open without shaq. But im not wishing him injury

My Ride
    '11 Honda RL '21 RDX '96 Civic Hatch

Lakers have the best chance even w/o Kobe for some time.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Originally posted by SoSlowDx
    Lakers have the best chance even w/o Kobe for some time.
    I bet that's what you said at the beginning of last year too.

My Ride
    2007 Acura TSX

I hate the Lakers; I hate Malone, he is a bitch, and he does not deserve a championship. I'm hoping fate steps in and prevents him from winning.
    I still don't think Minn. has what it takes to make it far; Garnett can only do so much...
    Sac. I think has blown their chances, is C Web going to be back right away, or is his knee still messed?
    Dallas would be an amazing team if they learned how to play even a LITTLE D.
    No one has said anything about LeBron yet... who's going to be Rookie of the year?? Him or Carmello or someone else???
    As for the Raptors, last year Kobe said: "If T Mac had stayed in Toronto, the Lakers would never have been 3peat champs." Fuck T Mac, he's too individualistic, so now he can get all the personal accolades he wants, but he'll never get a championship in Orlando.

Oh yeah: Go Bulls!!!!

west
    wolves- with spree will make it past the first round
    lakers- im really curious to see how they do especially when they got all those guys that are going to want the ball. im undecided on them
    sac- if bibby can get back on track and him and cwebb can start running the pick and roll like they used to then they still have a decent chance
    mavericks- as offensive as tehy can be their d leaves something to be desired and now that they lost van exel they could be hurting especiall if nash has to take more minutes.

east
    NJ- the only thing that might hold them back is zo, depending on if he can run with them or not, they like running the court so they need guys that can run with them.

pistons- see how darko and prince do.

raptors-all about vince

sixers- they should be getting better especially with the big dog

mutumbo could play a big part, depending on where he ends up.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by bigboom
    east
    NJ- the only thing that might hold them back is zo, depending on if he can run with them or not, they like running the court so they need guys that can run with them.
    Don't know if I agree with that. Even if he doesn't run the court as well, Mourning will do a lot of good because now Martin doesn't have to worry about the rebounds as much. Mourning will take care of that as well as be a safety when Kidd and Martin are running the break.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Alot of people are liking the Lakers, and for good reasons i guess. I used to be a huge Lakers fans even back when they had guys like Magic, and then Nick the Quick and Eddie Jones. I'm goping to have trouble cheering for them this year though, I hate teams that buy championships, and I hate Karl Malone.

The problem with the Lakers is that they look great on paper, and I'm sure will be killer in NBA 2004 and other video games. But real basketball isn't all about individual skills, and going one on one every time down the floor. If they cannot work as a team then they are pretty much screwed (see Portland Trailblazers). It will be interesting to see how the ball will be distributed amoung four superstars. Kobe and Shaq had a hard enough time sharing the ball before, now through in Malone and the Glove. What are they going to do now, Phil Jackson is going to have to set a quota on the maximum number of shots each player can take per game or something. Otherwise there will be a total of about 5 passes made per Laker game.
    Michael Scott: "Do I want to be feared or loved? Um... easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast