Quantcast
2010 Nissan Rogue - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Nissan Rogue

Default 2010 Nissan Rogue

Hi Guys

I'm planning on putting an offer down on a 2010 SL AWD Nissan Rogue. I priced one out at about 33k including freight + GST. I'll be financing over a 60 month period at 1.9% APR.

What's a good starting point to begin the negotiations? I do not want to come off the bat with a blatant lowball but I am looking to save as much as possible.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Step 1:

Walk into the dealership with gucci shades, spiked up bleached blonde hair, ears pierced bling'd out with diamond ear rings. If you are unsure, just copy this guy:

Step 2:

Demand to speak with the GM of the dealership and if anyone tries to stop you, say you will only deal with him. Remember to bring baby powder and put it on your hand. When you see him, don't shake his hand, it will show you are weak. Instead, slap him across the face with the babypowder in your hand also known as a 'pimp' slap

Step3:

This will get his attention and show him who's boss, infront of everyone at the dealership tell him you want the rogue but you aren't going to give him a penny more than cost.

That's how I always negotiate when I buy cars.
    2010 Lambo LP560-4
    2010 Ferrari 599gtb
    09 Nissan GTR
    08 Porsche GT3 RS
    08 Acura RDX
    08 BMW 335
    07 Lexus LS460
    07 Ferrari F430
    06 Lexus IS350 (sold)
    05 Maserati Coupe

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

^^^Pretty sure the OP's a woman. No man buys a feminin CUV like the Rogue.

You best bet is to offer ~$2-3k less then there asking price. Usually that stackable on these cars is right around there. If you want, throw them a $5k low ball and work your way into a middle ground with the sales person. Realistically, what do you want to spend on your next car?

Originally posted by kwazy
    blaaaaaaaaa bla bla
    Da fuck?

Got a 599 now eh? Would love to see pics... Take them of it in inside your garage, no one will possibly be able to trace it back to you.

1) Walk in, test drive it, show that you are serious. Make a lowball offer like 5k less.

2) They will reject you. You say: "ok I'll look somewhere else first, but if you guys change your mind give me a call"

3) Try this with 3 dealerships minimum. One of them will cut you a very very good deal. But you have to be willing to wait 3-5 days for them to call you back.

Walking out is a must in order to get the dealership to consider giving you their lowest price. After a price is met that your satisfied with, try and get the dealership to throw in freebies, like oil changes or rust protection as well.

This was the method I've been using to buy my last 3 cars, and the prices would fluctuate madly between dealerships. Eg. Weber Mazda offered me an RX8 for 34k and sherwood park Mazda would not budge from 42k...

Be patient and willing to walk away until you are COMPLETELY satisfied.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

I don't know if this has anything to do with the pricing but Weber Mazda is owned by Weber Motors who is owned by Ericksen Auto Group who is owned by Go Auto. Not sure if being owned by such a big company would affect pricing or not.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

go to car cost canada, pay the fee and go from there.

My Ride

^^
    Correct get a report and see what the invoice price is, than add a 5 to 10% profit for the dealer, sometimes they will move other times they won't btw do all of this before adding customer cash rebates, etc. Also the walking out routine doesn't work that often so be aware of that LOL.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

^ msrp at most places is about 10% over invoice (and the last few Nissan dealer invoices I have seen were almost exactly that) so why would you offer that much? I would say find out invoice and if there are no other rebates, offer $500 over the invoice amount and keep it as close to that as possible.
    Last edited by blownz; 12-31-2009 at 11:12 AM.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Regardless of the 'invoice cost' of the vehicle to the dealer, they have overhead to pay and need to make a profit.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

And with the volume of cars big dealerships sell, $500 is a good place to start. They typically get other incentives from the manufacturers to make their true cost less than invoice anyway.

My Ride
    2010 Hyundai Elantra

I used to work for Fishcreek Nissan, and offering $500 over cost was a guaranteed sale. Just don't waste their time and they will be happy to do that.

Also, Fishcreek is the only Calgary Nissan dealer that is on carcostcanada.com.

As soon as you sign up, be ready for a follow up call from them. Well worth the money in my opinion.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Originally posted by justincalgary
    I used to work for Fishcreek Nissan, and offering $500 over cost was a guaranteed sale. Just don't waste their time and they will be happy to do that.

As soon as you sign up, be ready for a follow up call from them. Well worth the money in my opinion.
    Really? 500 over cost and they'd take it? Thats pretty crazy! From past experience, it seems that alot of dealers wont even take 3% over invoice... it seems that 4-4.5% over invoice is where dealers offer after you give them your initial offer.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Just don't waste their time and they will be happy to do that.
    I should have added that myself. If it is a quick sale with minimum work for them (ie you don't come back 4 different days for 3 different test drives and make them search all over the city for the right model while you change you mind 15 times over colours and options, etc, etc) they should be happy to give you a good price.

I know quite a few dealers here in Edmonton that will sell retail for $500 over and some that will even do $300 - $400 over.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

When i bought my Titan from Brasso. I used car cost canada and got it for cost... according to CCC

I bought the truck in less then a hour with travel time from downtown. Just be perpared to sign asap

My Ride
    2012 300C SRT8 /2015 F150 Platinum

I paid $1000 over invoice on my Titan, we agreed it was fair.
    2014 Jeep SRT, 2015 F150 Platinum , 2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG

[Do][---+---][oD]

carcostcanada.com
    do oyu have access ? would Ppreciate help with price for a z370 touring a7?

Originally posted by Danny Meehan

do oyu have access ? would Ppreciate help with price for a z370 touring a7?
    Buying a car for your wife I see

My Ride

Originally posted by blownz
    ^ msrp at most places is about 10% over invoice (and the last few Nissan dealer invoices I have seen were almost exactly that) so why would you offer that much? I would say find out invoice and if there are no other rebates, offer $500 over the invoice amount and keep it as close to that as possible.
    I wasn't sure if it was 5 or 10% max for negotiating WITHOUT incentives, so you could probably get it at cost with incentives or less, this is from expenrience a few months back so I'm not sure if the market has change that fast.
    Last edited by SCHIDER23; 12-31-2009 at 07:08 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

One word, Hyundai....

Rogue looks like Chinese crap car compare to this.

Originally posted by A2VR6

Really? 500 over cost and they'd take it? Thats pretty crazy! From past experience, it seems that alot of dealers wont even take 3% over invoice... it seems that 4-4.5% over invoice is where dealers offer after you give them your initial offer.
    It really depends on stocks on the lot and how desperate is the sales person. If it's not a low volume model like 370z or GT-R, invoice +$500 is possible.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-01-2010 at 01:46 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast