Quantcast
Whats a good price for a brand new bike? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Whats a good price for a brand new bike?

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Yeah Id beleive so! My work Schedule is so fucked tho itd be hard to have everything squeezed in for the school!

Ill give them a call, Anybody know if they do individual days and classes instead of a bunch of students at once?

My Ride
    Ducati 1199, BRZ

I know a lot of them do 2 day condensed courses. That might work out for you.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Perfect, Ill give them a shout tomorrow or later today and set up a time!

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Also you won't find a CBR at blackfoot. you have to go to the stupid honda store. I remeber seeing a CBR 600 for 16 grand new. it had ABS. but a little stupid for just a 600

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Yeah thats a stupid price,

Update: Called too cool, super super nice people! Looks like ill book my course for June! Super excited!

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Booked my course for too cool! So excited!

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ yeah The owner, being Trevor Dech is a wicked guy, that knows his stuff. Probably the best course in Calgary you could go to.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Now this is gonna sound really retarded!

It says My class 7 is a learners, Ive got my class 5 GDL at the moment still, does this count that i can ride a bike now with somebody who has their lisence? or do i need to go and write the test at the registry to do this?

Its been confusing the hell out of me!

Originally posted by GQBalla
    i hope you check out insurance before you finance a bike.....

i was 21/male/1 speeding ticket and they wanted 6200 for full coverage on a 07 cbr600rr.

good thing i bought it out right so i didn't have to get full coverage.

IMO i would go used....interest rates for Honda financing when i looked into for a bike was something like 12 percent.
    In all the threads about bike insurance on beyond I think GQBalla has chimed in in all of them about his insurance with his RR, so when I was looking for insurance I always thought about him because that price for a bike you get to ride only about 4-5 months out of the year is scary! haha

PM Masked Bandit on here, he's an insurance agent and is very helpful in answering any questions you may have about insurance. I think I've read that he has a bike as well so he'll know what he's talking about.

Originally posted by Shlade
    Now this is gonna sound really retarded!

It says My class 7 is a learners, Ive got my class 5 GDL at the moment still, does this count that i can ride a bike now with somebody who has their license? or do i need to go and write the test at the registry to do this?

Its been confusing the hell out of me!
    First off, Too Cool is a great school and Trevor is an awesome teacher. He really makes learning to ride enjoyable, I can probably go to his class multiple times and not get bored. With Too Cool, you can do your on-bike classes even before you do the classroom class. That's what I did last year because that's just when I was able to attend. It did make classroom time go by slowly because everything he talks about in the classroom, he goes through in your on-bike classes.

Now for your question, your class 7 test is different from your written motorcycle test so you have to write another one. In some schools, at the end of your classroom lesson, you're given a test and when passed it counts as your written motorcycle test. In Too Cool, however, you're still given a test, but it doesn't count for your written motorcycle test. But they do have a list of registries, that once you graduate and bring your certificate to them you get a discount.
    Mercs

My Ride
    Ducati 1199, BRZ

You need to take the Class 6 "written" exam at a registry (and pass) before you are allowed to take the on-road exam. It is not a "learners" exam.

You can ride with someone who has a Class 6, non GDL, license as of right now if you want to.

At least this is what I thought.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Are you sure of this? Anyway I can find out forsure if I can ride right now with somebody who has their lisence?

Yes, after passing your class 6 written test you are allowed to ride around with someone with their class 6. Also note, that insuring a bike after obtaining your class 6 license (After the road test, not the written) is cheaper than insuring a bike before. I don't know by how much, probably differs between individuals, but that might be something to look into if you're trying to save as much as you can with insurance. Taking the MSF course (Too Cool Motorcycle School) also gives an insurance discount.
    Mercs

My Ride
    Hatred

The written exam isn't your learners.

Read the books. A class 5 or 7 is a motorcycle learners. End of story. The written part of the motorcycle test is just that, the written portion. The only thing the written part does is allows you to take the road course test.
    -U

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

awesome, thanks for the info guys! Next time i make something in the bike thread itll be either showing my new bike or telling u my experience at too cool! Which im sure is going to be great experience!

Originally posted by Unknown303

Read the books. A class 5 or 7 is a motorcycle learners. End of story. The written part of the motorcycle test is just that, the written portion. The only thing the written part does is allows you to take the road course test.
    How is a class 5 a motorcycle learners? Yes you have to have your class 7 do be able to take your class 6. But i know you don't have to have your class 5 to get your class 6.

If you have just your learners, your license will say Class 7, if you take your class 5, it will change to class 5, if you take your class 6, it will change to class 6. But if you take both your license says Class 56, stating you have both your class 5 & 6.
    Last edited by mdeleon; 03-13-2010 at 02:18 PM.
    Mercs

My Ride
    Ducati 1199, BRZ

Originally posted by mdeleon
    Yes, after passing your class 6 written test you are allowed to ride around with someone with their class 6.
    Incorrect. The written portion ≠ learners permit.

Originally posted by mdeleon
    How is a class 5 a motorcycle learners? Yes you have to have your class 7 do be able to take your class 6. But i know you don't have to have your class 5 to get your class 6.

If you have just your learners, your license will say Class 7, if you take your class 5, it will change to class 5, if you take your class 6, it will change to class 6. But if you take both your license says Class 56, stating you have both your class 5 & 6.
    You answered your own question. If your Class 7 can act as a valid motorcycle learning license, then surely Class 5 (which required Class 7 at some point) is also acceptable.

He said Class 5 OR 7 can be used.

Oh true, my bad, i read it as 5 & 6. Thought he was saying you had to have your class 5 first before taking your class 6. I stand corrected
    Mercs

Originally posted by japan_us

Incorrect. The written portion ≠ learners permit.
    that's what I thought at first since Too Cool allowed me to do my on-bike before the classroom. But everyone has told me that they shouldn't have allowed me. These guys have bikes already, or at least their class 6, so I just went with majority rule and believed them.
    Mercs

My Ride
    Hatred

And now 2 Cool can't even do the on bike portion for you. They just prepare you with all the knowledge and experience that they can so that you can go and do the written and on road through a registry now.

And @mdeleon What the other said about my comment is what I was getting at. A 5 or 7 can act as a learners for a class 6.
    -U

Originally posted by Unknown303

Indeed, this is correct.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast