Quantcast
Apples next iPhone surfaced. - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Apples next iPhone surfaced.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Originally posted by shakalaka
    I for one actually don't see how Apple has any advantage or how any of this is beneficial for them. They have no shortage of publicity or have problems with getting their products out there. Especially where they stand as of today. They announce the main event, where they introduce their new products and the whole market goes haywire. They have no problems with advertising their products what so ever imo.

If anything this whole fiasco actually has been detrimental to them. The sales of iPhone 3gs would have most probably has come to a stand still, or at least suffered greatly. Since people know that a 4G will be released soon, no one is gonna be buying the older one's. And for the people who can't wait the two months or whatever till it's release will prolly look for other high end phones like Android since they already know buying a 3gs would become 'old news' and it won't really be anything 'new' soon enough. The best thing for Apple to do here imo would be to, if possible, release the 4g as soon as they can, instead of waiting till the originally planned time. It'll be interesting to see what their next move will be, if they decide to do anything differently.
    You are assuming everyone keeps up with Apple and wants the next best new thing, but not everyone will be able to fork up (and I'm pulling this number out of my ass) $700+ for a phone and still pay upwards of $70 a month to use it. So while Apple has always been a company that targets consumers who don't mind paying premiums for their products, maybe this way of "unoffcially" annoucing their new up and coming improved iPhone, they will allow people who weren't able to fork up $200+ for a 3G or 3GS to be finally able to afford one at $100 -$200.

It's like people with cars, when an automaker releases info on a facelift for XXX model, people who can afford to get into the next trend will fork the money, while people who weren't able to can expect price drops on the current one, which will be outdated, and buy that one instead of the new facelift.

I don't know, but that's my take on it.

My Ride
    This and that.

I see what you mean. But let's say the people that don't keep up with Apple and don't want the next best thing, are still aware of what an iPhone is right? So say if Apple had properly released the 4G, two months down the line, it wouldn't have made any difference to those people that don't care about it. And this whole thing isn't going to make any difference to that market either, if they just can't afford the new one anyway. If they aren't interested in Apple, or can't afford it, they still aren't going to buy the 4G, even if they now know about 2 months before the actual date. They would have known what it is and everything regardless eventually, even when it was an official Apple announcement. You know what I mean?

But now talking from the perspective of the market that is all techy, no one in their right mind would actually buy the 3gs (unless obviously if they just can't afford the new one or are in immediate need for a new phone). But that market that is all technologically inclined and that had been 'expecting' a 4G but weren't 100% aware when/if it would be released are certain now. And say this whole thing hadn't happened, it was a possibility that a lot of them would have just gone with the 3gs thinking that there is no concrete evidence of the 4g, or simply out of sheer impatience, but now they are certain that it will be coming out soon enough and the people that can wait, will probably do so. The chances are that the people who have been hoping for the 4g or debating about the 3gs, are the sure-shot guaranteed market for Apple and can afford little gadgets such as these. So the way I see it, if anything Apple would have lost sales on the 3gs cause of this.

And company's such as these are always very quiet about the release of their new products that can affect the sales of their older one's in any way. Especially we all know how clever Steve Jobs is when it comes to these things.

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

My Ride
    anything that comes along

I don't think they would have lost it on purpose, because they would risk the phone ending up in the hands of competitors.

Maybe they would let a product tester show it off, creating some hype and all but straight up abandoning a copy of the phone would be terrible for Apple if the wrong person ended up with it. Just imagine someone taking the thing and selling it to a company in China.

My Ride
    charger R/T w R&T, soon 2010 camaro

whats the eta for this phone?

It has a nice design. Then again, Apple is all about design. From the packaging, to the device and even the power cord.

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

Originally posted by derpderp
    I don't think they would have lost it on purpose, because they would risk the phone ending up in the hands of competitors.
    Is there anything there that competitors don't already have?

Originally posted by Mibz
    Is there anything there that competitors don't already have?
    Not too up to date with the other smart phones out there... but do any of them have the small mic for noise cancellation? Besides that I can't really think of anything else..

Originally posted by sabad66

Not too up to date with the other smart phones out there... but do any of them have the small mic for noise cancellation? Besides that I can't really think of anything else..
    Nexus one. Apple sucks

My Ride
    charger R/T w R&T, soon 2010 camaro

When is this phone coming out

Originally posted by banned3x
    When is this phone coming out
    Nobody knows, nothing has been announced. Rumor is june. However it purely based on past releases.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by spike98

Nexus one. Apple sucks
    I was thinking of getting a Nexus one until I read that the 3G connection issues are hardware related. No thanks.

Originally posted by benyl

I was thinking of getting a Nexus one until I read that the 3G connection issues are hardware related. No thanks.
    The 3G issues are a thing of the past on new revisions. I experiance none of this.

whats new with today's smart phones??

HD screen
    hdmi out
    usb port

theres a huge list, but this is something that the iphone 4g as of right now im assuming does not have other than hd screen
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by benyl

I have had no 3G issues with mine. This is more a T-Mobile thing in the US issue.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

My Ride
    Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

Originally posted by Zephyr
    Video
    Meh...
    I chuckled when he took the money tho heh heh heh.

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Originally posted by banned3x
    whats the eta for this phone?
    Late June early July just like every iPhone.

I love the iPhone but I love BBM, not so sure about this one. It better have atleast a 5mp camera.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Oh wow, this just took an entertaining turn
    http://gizmodo.com/5524843/police-se...hens-computers

My thoughts? F*CK Apple and their totalitarian, self righteous, viral, proprietory fan boy, gestapo bullshit. I hate myself for liking my phone right now. </dramatic venting>

This is a serious infringement upon the press.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast