Quantcast
Westjet lost a dog... - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Westjet lost a dog...

Dog was found and captured. Vet is checking her out as she swam through a glycol pool and they want to make sure she didn't ingest any, but otherwise all is good.

Carry on with the argument.
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by abyss
    Dog was found and captured. Vet is checking her out as she swam through a glycol pool and they want to make sure she didn't ingest any, but otherwise all is good.
    ugh thats horrible, de-ice fluid is not good for anything but aircraft, hopefully the dog kept its head far above that crap

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Fuck me

Happy she was found, but hope she didn't drink any of that.

My Ride
    Quattro A4 Avant 1.8T 5MT

Carry on with the argument.
    good on all fronts, especially all the idiots claiming that this was a cover up or that the baggage handlers are soulless animal slaughterers... I worked as a TAC agent for westjet, and i can tell you that anytime a dog was shipped it got more care and attention than it would have had sitting around at home.

and no, they shouldnt be put on hydraulic lifts, as those are not used to get into the cargo area, if they used those there would be a large gap that the crate would need to be lifted over to get into the cargo area - much worse than a belt that is very easy to control and can be put directly against the airplane
    Originally posted by banned3x
    i wasent trying to fuck my grandma, i was just trying to feel her boobs.

My Ride
    CBR 929

Dog standing and circling in a crate on narrow belt moving many feet off the ground at an incline up to a plane. Your kidding me trying to tell me it is safer for a dog to ride that belt un-attended up to the plane than it is to be taken up in a lift? They use lifts to move food and cleaning supplies up to the plane all the time, don't seem to have any issues moving that over the gap...

[url]

My Ride

Originally posted by bignerd
    Dog standing and circling in a crate on narrow belt moving many feet off the ground at an incline up to a plane. Your kidding me trying to tell me it is safer for a dog to ride that belt un-attended up to the plane than it is to be taken up in a lift? They use lifts to move food and cleaning supplies up to the plane all the time, don't seem to have any issues moving that over the gap...
    "many feet off the ground" does it become "less feet off the ground" if the dog is taken up on a lift? ease up on the exaggerations drama-queen

and they load the food and cleaning supplies to a completely different area of the plane than the cargo area - you do realize that the 2 cargo areas on westjet planes are below the passenger area right?

and no i am not kidding you, unless you believe that lifting a dog that is "circling in a crate many feet of the ground" across a large gap into a plane is safer than slowly moving them up a slight incline directly into the baggage area.

please dont speak like you know what happened because of what you have observed through a window 30 yards away while drinking your Tim Hortons, maybe after you solve all of westjets problems you can go ahead and coach the Flames from the nosebleeds come September?

My Ride
    CBR 929

My opinion is my own based on what I see when I stand and watch my dog being loaded onto a plane and when it comes to my dog my opinion is the only one that counts. You may know airlines and luggage, I know dogs and crates. Surprised you made it through the Westjet hiring process with the snotty attitude you have...

Regardless, I still believe there is a greater chance of a dog in a crate falling off the "slowly moving belt" at a slight inlcline to one of the two cargo areas under a plane than there would be loading it otherwise. Perhaps if the belt is so safe an employee should ride it up with the dog...

Who watches the Flames anymore?

[url]

My Ride

you're right, when it comes to your dog your opinion is the only one that matters - this is not about your dog tho - you are blaming the entire system set in place.
    you're surprised that i made it through the hiring process? do you know that like the back of your hand as well? how would you fix it so that they dont hire people that are "snotty" to internet nerds that dont have a clue what they are talking about?

maybe you should write your suggestion to Westjet about riding up the belt with the dog - they are a reasonable company and im sure they would consider any reasonable suggestions.

the 20,000 people who go to every game at the dome watch the flames, and go pick up yourself a newspaper tomorrow, or watch any news/sports station today - there will be no shortage of news coverage on the flames - you're out of touch with reality...

im done arguing with you, you are too stubborn to realise that you are wrong and nothing anyone says would convince you otherwise. if your dog was taken up on a hydraulic lift im sure you would be the first to complain that there was a risk of crushing the dog "what if they lift it to high and pin the dog against the plane" - blah blah blah get a life.

My Ride
    Indian Scout

Originally posted by scat330
    ...The owner should of made sure...
    Should have
    Originally posted by bignerd
    ...It could of been brand new...
    Could have

Consequently, both of your arguments are nullified.

The belt loader is pretty safe. When mated to the aircraft there is no more than 4-6 inches between the belt and the aircraft, in WJ's instance I believe they mate with actual contact with the A/C. There is no other way to load the bellies. The loaders used for the upper deck cannot safely mate with the lower compartments. The 737 lower bellies are not that high, belly floor is about 5 feet off the ground. On a wide body with a higher belly floor, precious cargo can be placed on the front of the belt in the lowered position, after the belt loader has been mated, and raised directly to the cargo area without need to operate the conveyor.

But good to hear the dog was found; it could have easily have slipped under a gate and left airside.

But on a side note, we are getting ready to ship some grizzly bears to the USA from the Calgary Zoo in the upcoming days Hopefully I can snap some pics. Earlier this year we got some tigers.
    Last edited by Cooked Rice; 07-02-2010 at 04:16 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3