Quantcast
AGLC - Alberta bans extra strong beer - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: AGLC - Alberta bans extra strong beer

My Ride
    G6

I got the same reply, here's what I sent back to the AGLC. Not sure why I put the rabbit part in...

I'm wondering exactly who in their feedback suggested the AGLC raise the taxes on these high percentage beers? I wonder who in the public, and which suppliers or liquor stores would possibly want to see taxes go up?

I do have to commend the brilliance of it. Give yourself total power, threaten to ban product, put back on market with a higher take of government cheese. Another example of government protecting us from ourselves and a wrongly placed source of fear I equate to fear of a massive magical rabbit.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Feruk
    I got the same reply, here's what I sent back to the AGLC. Not sure why I put the rabbit part in...

[/I]
    Wearrabbit from Wallace and Grommet?

Also, why the hell would you send a letter that you have no idea what you are writing? Maybe the government does know better for a lot of people if they can't even write a clear, concise, and well thought out letter of disagreement (not specifically pointing to you, but every letter that has been posted so far has been littered with grammar and spelling errors).

My Ride
    G6

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Also, why the hell would you send a letter that you have no idea what you are writing? Maybe the government does know better for a lot of people if they can't even write a clear, concise, and well thought out letter of disagreement (not specifically pointing to you, but every letter that has been posted so far has been littered with grammar and spelling errors).
    Uhh, I didn't make any spelling or grammar mistakes... Also, the rabbit is a reference to irrational fears. What exactly is the point of sending a rational letter when it's clear they just wanted to raise the tax level a bit? All my letter or a well thought out letter will get back is "thank you for your concerns, but we really don't care."

My Ride
    06 WRX

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Wearrabbit from Wallace and Grommet?

Ya for sure, we should even scrap our government and give grammarians control of the country because they can slap a comma in the right spot.

The beauty of democracy is that every voice counts, regardless of whether their writing is 100% correct, or whether that argument is well laid out. Despite your jabs, I think every letter got the writer's point across that this was a ridiculous waste of time and money, which is really all that matters.

EDIT: Having worked in a controversial media-focused area of government previously, I can tell you what makes a difference is the number of complaints and not how well laid out they are. Numbers and attention matter more than logic.
    Last edited by tenth; 12-17-2010 at 10:58 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4