Quantcast
Beyond.ca Battlefield 3 server - Page 17 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: What type of server do we want?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • 32 - CONQ

4 9.30%
  • 32 - RUSH

4 9.30%
  • 32 - RUSH CONQ

8 18.60%
  • 40 - CONQ

2 4.65%
  • 40 - RUSH

3 6.98%
  • 40 - RUSH CONQ

6 13.95%
  • 64 - CONQ

9 20.93%
  • 64 - RUSH

3 6.98%
  • 64 - RUSH CONQ

21 48.84%
  • Harcore

9 20.93%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond.ca Battlefield 3 server

My Ride
    GTI 1.8T

Originally posted by Kavy
    A few of the guys on the server need to grow up.

Seriously guys, ITS A FUCKING VIDEO GAME.

We have about 4 guys who just constantly cry all game long, what are you 12?

Personally I notice when they start in with there constant crying is when we start losing people. We should focus on getting those guys to act like adults and that might help our server be populated.
    Quite funny you say something like that considering your sig

I also find it hilarious you want people to act like adults playing "A FUCKING VIDEO GAME".

I say ignore the chatter and just play your game.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

it's such a downer tho, when we are going through such great and somewhat close matches and you're ready for the next then a complete CTD. I thought DICE through in a patch to fix after round crashes (which happened yesterday)?

Originally posted by calgarydub

I say ignore the chatter and just play your game.
    +1 i do know a few of our guys have bitched one time or another but i don't even remember who or when that was, that's how much i pay attention to the global chat whining, be glad that's as far as it goes, i couldn't imagine global VoIP on XBL or PSN for this game with all the chipmunks constantly crying and yelling, besides the obvious reasons, that is one of the biggest as to why i dont play console MP games unless they're console-only releases.

BUT when i do see whining in our server it's when it's packed full and those complaining in global chat are just random visitors bickering at e/o.

My Ride

Originally posted by Kavy
    A few of the guys on the server need to grow up.

Seriously guys, ITS A FUCKING VIDEO GAME.

We have about 4 guys who just constantly cry all game long, what are you 12?

Personally I notice when they start in with there constant crying is when we start losing people. We should focus on getting those guys to act like adults and that might help our server be populated.
    I know 2 of the people you'r talking about. After 15 minutes of it I looked at the mute a player option in procon but thought I don't want to start drama or abuse admin powers, so I didn't hit it. But the thought did cross my mind.

I don't really care as much about the bitching but yesterday we only had 6-8 people in the server and including me and another beyonder. Won't name names, they know who they are, but they were telling the other players on their team how "FUCKING BAD THEY SUCK". Insulting other players won't help. If they leave it will take longer for others to join.

On a side note I would suggest that we don't lower the player slots to 16 anymore either, we seem to have VERY good luck with the quick game option but usually people have 64 player servers checked off when they hit that button, so if we're set lower it will put them in another game.

The issue with populating the server is only because of stability. It even crashed a couple times over night and that only ever happens when there's lots of people playing. If we were stable we'd be fully 24/7 by now. Yesterday was just tough, you can't survive 4 crashes and not pay a price. Especially when one of those crashes happens 22 minutes after the last one, before the server has even got back up to capacity.
    Click here to check out my racing sim...

Originally posted by GQBalla
    tictactoe2004 you are scary

My Ride

I don't know if this had anything to do with me or not, but 20 minutes after I posted on gameservers forum this morning about being disapointed with the lack of communication when SO many people are having the same issue as us one of the admins started a thread asking for some IPs of the servers that are crashing with a description of the crash so they can look into it and pass the info to EA for the upcoming R9 server patch. The first reply was from me with all the info they requested. Keep your fingers crossed.

My Ride
    05 Civic

Originally posted by tictactoe2004

On a side note I would suggest that we don't lower the player slots to 16 anymore either, we seem to have VERY good luck with the quick game option but usually people have 64 player servers checked off when they hit that button, so if we're set lower it will put them in another game.
    That would be me who would lower it after the crashes. I was wondering who kept changing it back to 64... I will stop doing that now, as I thought starting off at 16 would help intially. Last night was pretty good, minus the crashes, considering it was full within an hour or 2 after it crashed the first time. Once it crashed for the third time though, with only 12 people in it, I had to call it a night

My Ride

Originally posted by -relk-

That would be me who would lower it after the crashes. I was wondering who kept changing it back to 64... I will stop doing that now, as I thought starting off at 16 would help intially. Last night was pretty good, minus the crashes, considering it was full within an hour or 2 after it crashed the first time. Once it crashed for the third time though, with only 12 people in it, I had to call it a night
    The server is set up by default to 64, so when it crashes it goes back up on its own. I just checked the forums at gameservers.com and it appears people have been having major issues since Monday, bad timing but that's the first night we hit 50+.

And yeah about the 16 player starting slots, that's both what I was doing and what I suggested earlier in the week. What's happened since Tuesday though, is they updated battlelog so the top ranked servers are no longer top on the list, if we didn't do the trick it just wouldn't fill up at all. Now the servers are in a random order and we get a lot of people joining when they hit "quick start" which wasn't happening before. Before this last Tuesday when people hit the quick start button it would put them in the higher ranked servers before ours, because ours was ranked in the upper three thousand area, quick start literally gave us next to no players at all.

It appears gameservers.com is now aware that there is a big problem and I wasn't just bitching, I think at first they just thought I was just bitching about nothing since I was one of the first on their forums to complain about this new type of crashing. In this new thread they started this morning, everyone is complaining about the exact same thing that's happening to us and it literally started without 24 hours of me being given admin access.

I'll post updates as I get them from our server host.

My Ride
    GTI 1.8T

Found this thread while looking for plugins for the server

http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/showth...r-Stability...

Heres a forum full of community plugins

http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/forumd...leased-Plugins
    Last edited by calgarydub; 11-10-2011 at 02:27 PM.

My Ride

Just wanted to post a quick question for everyone:

Since being given admin I kind of took the bull by the horns to do what I know works. Just want to make sure everyone is OK with what I've done so far and that I didn't overstep my bounds.

I'm good to keep working on it, so long as everyone else is OK with everything I've done so far. If people want me to tone it down or back off a little, I'm good with that also. I just want to help out but don't want to piss anyone off while doing so.

Also, I read the above post too, that's a great site, it's where the spambot add on came from too. I just wanted to make sure that none of the add ons were affecting the server stability before adding any more. Now that gameservers.com has admitted there's some issues and they're working on it, I think we're good to move foward with some more of the add ons.

My Ride
    GTI 1.8T

Just wanted to post a quick question for everyone:

Since being given admin I kind of took the bull by the horns to do what I know works. Just want to make sure everyone is OK with what I've done so far and that I didn't overstep my bounds.

I'm good to keep working on it, so long as everyone else is OK with everything I've done so far. If people want me to tone it down or back off a little, I'm good with that also. I just want to help out but don't want to piss anyone off while doing so.

Also, I read the above post too, that's a great site, it's where the spambot add on came from too. I just wanted to make sure that none of the add ons were affecting the server stability before adding any more. Now that gameservers.com has admitted there's some issues and they're working on it, I think we're good to move foward with some more of the add ons.

I think I speak for many of us who paid for the server to say that without your effort this server would be a dud. (Much like it was for the first week or two).

I think a big thank you is in order for getting it populated and functioning to a point where it is extremely enjoyable for all of us.

My Ride
    05 Civic

I think I speak for many of us who paid for the server to say that without your effort this server would be a dud. (Much like it was for the first week or two).

I think a big thank you is in order for getting it populated and functioning to a point where it is extremely enjoyable for all of us.

My Ride

Totally agree, your efforts are much appreciated nameless!

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Agreed.. and I haven't used it nearly as much as some of you, but it's be good 95% of the time I've tried it. I've only been playing during 1 of the crashes.

My Ride
    rally pig

Hey guys, it looks like I will be refunded the remaining 5 months in the next couple of days.
    which host do you guys recommend?

My Ride
    Hatred

Between tictactoe2004 and taemo I'm not sure who I have a bigger man crush on for the work you guys have put into this. A big for what you guys have done so far.
    -U

My Ride

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I just didn't want to be "that guy" lol. So I thought I'd make sure everyone was happy with the direction I went.

Taemo: They finally admitted there are some issues today and they are looking into them. They asked for IPs of servers with issues, and the description of the problems. I got in as the first reply and offered more details than the other replies. Our server has now been almost full for 5 hours without crashing, maybe they found out what the problem was? Some of the other hosting companies have been having big problems since this last Monday as well. My vote would be to give it a few days, let the dust settle, and see how things play out with all the hosting companies before deciding which way to go.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

wtf is wrong with our server? It keeps kicking everyone..

My Ride
    rally pig

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I just didn't want to be "that guy" lol. So I thought I'd make sure everyone was happy with the direction I went.

Taemo: They finally admitted there are some issues today and they are looking into them. They asked for IPs of servers with issues, and the description of the problems. I got in as the first reply and offered more details than the other replies. Our server has now been almost full for 5 hours without crashing, maybe they found out what the problem was? Some of the other hosting companies have been having big problems since this last Monday as well. My vote would be to give it a few days, let the dust settle, and see how things play out with all the hosting companies before deciding which way to go.
    sounds good, we will have the server for us until the 28th anyways. If they finally get everything resolved then maybe we can remain with them

My Ride
    boosted awd

ill be playing tonight, user - 874runnersr5

My Ride
    Audi

the server has been full all night - I can't get in!

My Ride
    2014 Tundra 1794 + 2016 X1

WOW.... just played on it... full... but WAAAAAY too much TK'ing WTF...

PS thanks for taking care of the server guys! My money was well spent IMO!

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 ... LastLast