Quantcast
Bus Driver Yells @ Kid on Bus - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bus Driver Yells @ Kid on Bus

Default Bus Driver Yells @ Kid on Bus

The young autistic man who was apparently the target of an expletive-filled tirade from an Ottawa bus driver says he was reading from a script he had written when the driver lashed out at him.

Matthew Taronno, a 20-year-old who describes himself as "mildly autistic," said the script contained some "inappropriate language" and said he went to the front of the bus to apologize. The driver was in no mood to hear it, Taronno told CBC News on Sunday at Algonquin College, where he is studying script writing.

The 55-second cellphone video of the exchange, shot on the No. 96 bus from downtown Ottawa to Kanata, has attracted hundreds of views and many angry comments since it was posted to YouTube.

It shows a young man in shorts standing near the front of the bus when, out of view, another man, apparently the driver, yells at the passenger.

"Shut the f---k up!" the older man says to the passenger. "Shut your ignorant f---king cake-hole! Don't say another f---king word!"

The stream of abuse includes a physical threat against the rider.

"If you don't shut your f---king face I'm going to stick my fist in it!"

As the bus stops at the Eagleson Park and Ride, the young man wheels around and runs out the back door, saying "Sorry" as he goes.

Only 2 passengers on bus
    The person who shot and posted the video says in his comments that the young man had been talking loudly into a cellphone before he walked to the front of the bus, seemingly enraging the driver.

Taronno said he regretted reading aloud, but said the driver was in the wrong too.

"I know what I did may have offended him and I regret my action and I understand what I did was wrong even though I was saying that for my screenplay and it still may have come off as offensive and I regret that," said Taronno.

"But … he needs to have a consequence for his action for him to understand what he did was wrong," he said.

The video drew strong reactions from those who saw it, including Ottawa mayor Jim Watson, who said on Monday the video made him angry.

"I don't want to prejudge the outcome but that kind of language is hurtful and it made me angry quite frankly when I saw it because we are trying to do our best to change the image of OC Transpo and we take one step forward and two giant leaps backward," said Watson.

OC Transpo chief Alain Mercier confirmed an investigation is underway and said "appropriate actions" will be taken.

"Customer relations is always a priority for us and we take this situation very seriously," said Mercier, who added that any action taken against the driver will be kept confidential.

Video inconclusive, union says
    Garry Queale, president of Amalgamated Transit Union Local 279, said it's unclear from the video whether the person screaming at the passenger is the driver.

"Well there is no sign of any driver being shown," said Queale. "There is a passenger standing beside the driver's area … from what I have seen it could be a person sitting over across yelling at somebody."

Queale said if it was a driver, it is also unclear from the video what set him off and said any investigation should probe the circumstances leading up to the apparent tirade.
    Source & Video: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...er-tirade.html
    Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-06-2019 at 04:27 PM.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Maybe it was the script from Billy Madison.

That Veronica Vaughn is one piece of ace. I should know from experience dude, if you know what I mean.

I have a feeling this is will be another example of the media taking hold of a story and potentially making the driver out to be the bad guy without details as to what caused the outburst.

Before the driver is lynched I really hope his side of the story is heard. I will reserve judgment until that time.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Good, punk ass mofo's need to STFU !

Also, what fucking world do we live in where someone getting yelled draws outrage? The only people outraged at this kind of video are racists. The racists who care less about poverty in africa than an autistic kid who got yelled at.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    05 Civic

Originally posted by CUG
    Also, what fucking world do we live in where someone getting yelled draws outrage?
    I somewhat agree with this, but if the article is in fact telling the whole story (and the truth for that matter), someone yelling at a kid who is trying to apologize should raise some concerns. I sure as hell don't want a bus driver yelling at my future kids if they are simply trying to apologize. If they are being shit disturbers; no respect for others, out of control, misbehaving, then I can see this being somewhat justified.

Mind you, this could be completely irrelevant pending what the actual story is.

EDIT: I did not see that he was 20 years old. Who the hell classifies a 20 year old as a kid? Disregard most of my comments above.
    Last edited by -relk-; 11-07-2011 at 03:23 PM.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

I'm just being an asshole, I can't truly say that I give a shit that someone got yelled at on a bus no matter what the reason.

I seriously.don't.care. If it was a senior, yeah I probably would. Everyone has some fragile fucking mental condition these days - much more so than I remember growing up. That ADD thing, yep, I have it too; if I don't like it, I dont' want to fucking do it.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Look at Matt's youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/10thDimensionMatty

What is that about? Was he prodding the bus driver with his "script?"

My Ride
    1.2 GIGAWATT CUISINART POWERED DELOREAN

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    Maybe it was the script from Billy Madison.

That Veronica Vaughn is one piece of ace. I should know from experience dude, if you know what I mean.
    First thing that came to my mind lol
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

Originally posted by JustinMCS
    Look at Matt's youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/10thDimensionMatty

What is that about? Was he prodding the bus driver with his "script?"
    Might want to check his other channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/matthewtaronno

Matthew Taronno, a 20-year-old who describes himself as "mildly autistic,"
    So I can act like a retard in public and declare myself as a re-re and get away with pretending to have tourettes?
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Originally posted by 403Gemini

So I can act like a retard in public and declare myself as a re-re and get away with pretending to have tourettes?
    You might even be able to get people fired and have their reputations destroyed in the process.

since when is a kid 20 years old?, what a crybaby...
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by sputnik
    Might want to check his other channel.
    They're both his, what am I checking out on this one?
    Last edited by JustinMCS; 11-07-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Originally posted by JustinMCS

They're both his, what am I checking out on this one?
    Nothing more than the fact that he seems to be a major douchecanoe.

Yeah. I think he more than knows that he shouldn't have been acting like that on the bus. Maybe the other kid, "who wants to remain nameless", was his friend and it was a setup. Who knows. Seems to be the type of kid who would be bored enough to orchestrate something like that.

I Remeber bus drivers yelling at us in high school for playing our Walkmans too loud, or for eating and drinking our lunch on the bus. A lot of bus drivers are dicks, what else is new?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-06-2019 at 04:28 PM.

My Ride
    W204

That's right.. Shit like this happened all the time when I was in school. If one clown did anything stupid, EVERYONE going to same school would get kicked off. Although really, kids weren't that bad... I recall the most annoying stuff being kids that would keep pulling the bell cause they thought it was funny (and now buses only allow the bell to ring once).

But what's different today vs. yesterday is the advent of ultra portable video recording devices AKA cell phones.

However, what IS different about this case is that the guy said he was sorry. If the problem is rectified, I see no need to be yelling at the kid. If the kid was being a dick, then fuck yeah, he'd no public sympathy. That's the difference.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    Civic, MDX

I got yelled at by an angry bus driver when I was a kid. I deserved it, but I wish I'd been smart enough to play the retard card.
    Originally posted by t_soarer
    ....can anyone say "retarted"?
    Originally posted by leftwing
    no more retarted 18 year old girls who fail out.
    Originally posted by benyl
    The english language is retarted...
    Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    Stanced cars look retarted anyways.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by viff3r
    I wish I'd been smart enough to play the retard card.
    You're obviously truly retarded..?
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast