Quantcast
Granite Sealer, Grout Sealer, Appliance Tracks - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Granite Sealer, Grout Sealer, Appliance Tracks

My Ride
    2014 Mustang GT DIB track pkg 2010 GMC Terrain SLT

Default Granite Sealer, Grout Sealer, Appliance Tracks

We are moving into our new place in a couple of weeks. Figured these answers could benefit future buyers who are building as well.

I know there are tile guys on here and other handy and knowledgable folks on here. What kind of granite and grout sealer should I get? I am looking for easy application and best bang for buck.

Also, they (builder) mentioned buying some sort of tracks or glides that are set under the stove and fridge. This allows you to pull them out to clean behind them without damaging your hardwood. Anybody know about these?

Thanks so much!

I'm surprised the builder doesn't include the glides with your new home. All the builders I work for, they give them to the new homeowner. I don't know where they get them from, probably any building supply place. They're just two 3 foot lengths of hard vinyl.

As for grout sealer; what is it you want the sealer to do? Because grout sealer is not a necessary product. All it does it help make grout stain resistant. Not stain proof. All my own grout, I never seal at all.
    But if you want to use it, just buy the Home Depot stuff. "Tile lab" is the brand. You just wipe it on, soaking into the grout. Thats it.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

You can get the gliders at home depot and rona. I was supposed to get them for free when I moved in but they magically disappeared.

You'll probably need more than one box anyway. You need one pair to stay under each appliance, then one extra pair for extension to slide them out.

My Ride
    2014 Mustang GT DIB track pkg 2010 GMC Terrain SLT

Thanks for the reply. C_Dave45 I was hoping you would chime in as I have seen your work and know you are a pro with tiling.

In regards to the appliance glides, the PDI person mentioned buying them. We are getting our appliances privately so maybe if we would've used the builder, they would've included them. Not sure.

For the tile, my main concern are the two showers as they have light coloured grout. The PDI person again suggested grout sealer. I don't want the light coloured grout to stain. Based on your response, as long as we clean them regularly like we do anyways, we should be fine without?

Do you have experience with granite sealers and if so, what is a good one to use? I am going to Home Depot later to check them out. From some online searching though, there is quite a variance in price.

Thanks!

I used the tile lab stuff in my shower, around my tub backsplash and on the bathroom floor.

Honestly, the shower it worked awesome for a month. Now, it's like you didn't even seal it. I could see that it repelled the water a bit as it made it bead like if you waxed your car and then it rained.

The floor and the tub area are still great but I think the shower because so much water and soap are moving across the tile, it didn't last long.

As well (Dave can correct me if I'm wrong) I think most grout today has anti-mold and anti-staining additives. It makes it more durable but not stain proof.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Epoxy grout is your best bet for stain resistance but you'll never get it if you don't spec it and most installers will hate you for wanting it lol
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Originally posted by mr2mike

As well (Dave can correct me if I'm wrong) I think most grout today has anti-mold and anti-staining additives. It makes it more durable but not stain proof.
    Correct

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    Epoxy grout is your best bet for stain resistance but you'll never get it if you don't spec it and most installers will hate you for wanting it lol
    Correct. Plus it's about $2.50/sq ft on top of your regular install rates.