Quantcast
DOG GOT ATTACKED! What can I do? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DOG GOT ATTACKED! What can I do?

Originally posted by big A
    So from what everyone else is saying here, it sounds pretty safe to pass on the plate to the proper people without a threat of any other animal being harmed. Then a neutral party will decide what to do.

Those of you blaming him, maybe?, but not the right time.
    Those of you making fun of him, pretty low.
    Thank you for posting this. I just need some help. Not a lecture really.

My dog suffered from 5 broken ribs and he could have potentially had internal bleeding or punctured organs. He is on careful watch right now.

My dog was injured by another dog. If you think he wasn't "attacked" it doesnt' really matter in this case, he was injured badly!

Dog got hurt rough housing with bigger dogs. That's life, but I am sorry for what happened to your animal. It's very easy to tell when dogs are rough housing and when they fight. I think if it was an actual attack your dog would have been dead rather than some broken ribs. It's a risk I deal with too since my dogs are smaller, we usually go to larger parks and keep them away from the bigger groups when they start getting rowdy. Unfortunately one of my dogs is a slut and likes to roll over for the big boys.

My Ride
    Its Quick

I have a small dachshund....when i was at the dog park and i seen a huge dog coming ....now wait for it .....i called him to me and picked him up. Everyone keeping control of their mutt at the dog park is everyone's responsibility.

Originally posted by Offroad
    I have a small dachshund....when i was at the dog park and i seen a huge dog coming ....now wait for it .....i called him to me and picked him up. Everyone keeping control of their mutt at the dog park is everyone's responsibility.
    I agree that everyone should have control over there dog and I do understand this is hard if it was at the dog park but then don't take them to the park! After the attack the lady obviously had no control of her dogs as she was running after them to put on the leash and they were struggling with her

Originally posted by big A
    So from what everyone else is saying here, it sounds pretty safe to pass on the plate to the proper people without a threat of any other animal being harmed. Then a neutral party will decide what to do.

Those of you blaming him, maybe?, but not the right time.
    Those of you making fun of him, pretty low.
    That's a pretty good and reasonable post. beyond is way to quick to render judgement upon victims and make light of their feelings. and my post didn't help.
    I really feel for you, Shower. Seeing that happen is scary and usually happens so fast its hard to know what to do.
    Those damn vet bills climb so fast! Hope your little guy recovers. It's amazing what they can overcome though. Our "Shadow" suffered both broken jaws, cracked skull, broken nose and $6,500 worth of operations. Their amazingly tough.
    Hang in there.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

Originally posted by FraserB
    Go to bylaw, they can use the police database to track her down. Are you willing to file a report saying what happened, even if her dogs are removed and possibly destroyed?
    I highly doubt they would be destroyed. 5 years ago my old neighbour's pitbull ripped my friends chihuahua(sp?) to shreds and killed it.

We dealt with animal control and they basically told us until the dog attacks a human nothing can happen.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    Its Quick

Originally posted by shower

I agree that everyone should have control over there dog and I do understand this is hard if it was at the dog park but then don't take them to the park! After the attack the lady obviously had no control of her dogs as she was running after them to put on the leash and they were struggling with her
    Missed the point ....pick up your dog. Any good dog trainer is going to tell you that's its your job and the dog expects you to look out for it and protect it especially something that small.
    Last edited by Offroad; 12-10-2011 at 01:59 PM.

did this happen in Nose hill Park?
    Last edited by terryflyer; 12-10-2011 at 02:12 PM.

Originally posted by Offroad
    exactly what I have been doing, u never know if those large dogs were rough or not, so better do this than sorry,

Originally posted by terryflyer
    did this happen in Nose hill Park?
    This happened in the Auburn Bay/Mahogany park right off 52nd and 22x

best wishes to your little guy, I feel for you cuz I have a small dog too.

My Ride
    1989 JDM SW20, 2013 Civic LX 5Spd

Are there not any small dog only parks around?

Theres a park here that has a place for big dogs and a place for small dogs...

Originally posted by Idiot Stick

I don't think so...

I have seen two large St. Bernard dogs at Nose Hill park for several times, they were not friendly at all and always barked to my little dog.

Originally posted by Idiot Stick

didn't realize there was such a thing. I know the southland dog park used to have a fenced-in section for the "bad behaved" dogs. It usually had a few pit bulls pacing back and forth in it. LOL.

But why not just take your small dog to any park in your community? Their turds are no bigger than a rabbit's and it's not like they're going to maul a humans walking by.
    I even take our lab through our green space without being on-leash.

Thank you to everyone that has posted with their well wishes and suggestions! I really appreciate it and will keep you all posted!

Originally posted by terryflyer

I have seen two large St. Bernard dogs at Nose Hill park for several times, they were not friendly at all and always barked to my little dog.
    Thanks terryflyer! I don't know if these were the same ones as it's pretty far from where we are but you never know! The plate is BAL-186 if you happen to see it again!

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

That's unfortunate. Lesson learned, stay close enough to your dog from now on so that you can intervene when something like this happens. Your dog can bite too.

For now, phone bylaw. You can potentially pass on the vet bills to the dog owner.

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

Picture the incredible Hulk attacking a 12 year old girl. Like just absolutely beating the shit outta her. Then try to remember how these 2 st. Bernards attacked your tiny dog, is it the same picture?
    Originally posted by King Banana

So confused, how do you get the other menu, is there like a secret chinese handshake, or do you need to bring in a jar of blood from a chinese daughter?
    I need like a how-to - order chinese food for white people.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by GQNammer
    Picture the incredible Hulk attacking a 12 year old girl. Like just absolutely beating the shit outta her. Then try to remember how these 2 st. Bernards attacked your tiny dog, is it the same picture?
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast