Quantcast
The Downtown Condo Thread - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: The Downtown Condo Thread

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

As of the real estate forum last week, the word on the street from the lenders present is that they have approached a few lenders for the construction... Not sure where you are getting your info from.

No one constructs a building of that massive scale with pure equity.

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

Originally posted by ercchry
    sweeeet, i hope more projects and rejuvenation come to the area and less stalled garbage projects (cough, riverside quays, cough). wouldnt mind living close to the next bridgeland/17th ave
    What's the deal with Riverside Quays? I don't think the crane has moved in a year or maybe even longer?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by 20incheyes

What's the deal with Riverside Quays? I don't think the crane has moved in a year or maybe even longer?
    this is the latest new i've seen, couple place on MLS for sale too

http://www.calgaryherald.com/busines...392/story.html

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Phase 2 is about to start back up with a new developer.

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

Originally posted by 88CRX

Phase 2 is about to start back up with a new developer.
    Technically not a new developer, it was a 50/50 joint venture and they kicked Statesman out.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by BananaFob

Technically not a new developer, it was a 50/50 joint venture and they kicked Statesman out.
    Lots of fun haha... I don't know what's public knowledge on the issue, but yea.

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

Originally posted by 88CRX

Lots of fun haha... I don't know what's public knowledge on the issue, but yea.
    Yeah it was messy. It got locked up in a lawsuit/foreclosure for over a year. Basically Statesman took funds that were meant for phase one and used it on phase two. That's a big no-no in construction lending and BMO called the loan.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Where is Riverside Quays?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by flipstah
    north side of blackfoot just west of deerfoot

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

It's right on blackfoot trail just west of the bow river.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ll=...,33.76,,0,1.03

I wish the new team good luck especially considering they own 40 acres of land where the brewery was in Inglewood too. That piece of land has real potential even though the railroad tracks are so close.

Now I'm curious when that Gregs Motorcycle place is going to sell across the street from Riverside and hope it gets redeveloped too.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Now I'm curious when that Gregs Motorcycle place is going to sell across the street from Riverside and hope it gets redeveloped too.
    me too! fingers cross for some epic brewpub or similar with awesome food and mid week specials

My Ride
    Exploded.

north side of blackfoot just west of deerfoot

It's right on blackfoot trail just west of the bow river.

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&amp...rame><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&amp...ce=embed" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

I wish the new team good luck especially considering they own 40 acres of land where the brewery was in Inglewood too.

Oh that place near Inglewood. That part of the neighborhood sorely needs developing.

My Ride
    R171 and Sttutgarts SUV

me too! fingers cross for some epic brewpub or similar with awesome food and mid week specials
    and I totally can see it succeeding there too.

The new complex on 9th ave will be another spot we can possibly hope for an epic brewpub too but I'd prefer it be at Gregs. He did paint the building this summer so at least he's trying since I don't see that place bringing in any money as it sits now.

I'm hoping the new italian spot next to Espy called Cinquencento 500 and the Kebab/Persian resto opening next to Kanes Harley diner bring a more casual foodie spot to dine in the hood. But not Cisco style crap.

Anyone know about the development on 17Ave and 17St SE just west of the train tracks. A streetside homes sign has been there for ages and I saw some major sewar tanks delivered to the site this summer.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

do you know whats going in just east of Without Papers? last time i was down there there was a "leased" sign on the door and they were refinishing the floors

im super excited for all the development over here... now only if they could take out that damn train yard

My Ride
    Exploded.

If they get rid of that trucker stop nearby, I definitely missed out on a steal of a property.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

If they get rid of that trucker stop nearby, I definitely missed out on a steal of a property.
    eh, yeah thats one of the bigger things that i would like to see leave too. they took out that husky car lock so anything is possible! but im also a ways away from there so

it would be cool of they put in a safeway or something there. but at the same time it wouldnt really go with the neighborhood... maybe more like the mardaloop/bridgeland condos where they have amenities in the base. that would be cool... but also make it too busy... maybe a junior high school to complement the elementary across the street

My Ride
    Skateboard

What's with all these people buying houses next to the rail yard and Lilydale then start bitching about the noise and smell wtf those institutions has been there for decades gtfo if you don't like it.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by G
    What's with all these people buying houses next to the rail yard and Lilydale then start bitching about the noise and smell wtf those institutions has been there for decades gtfo if you don't like it.
    i cant smell or hear shit where i am. lilydale will be coming out when the SE train goes in. i have heard rumors of the yard being at least down sized... but who knows.

biggest thing i have noticed is the flight paths... but then again i came from the other side of town and WAY out so

it is a really neat area though. lots of history and one of the few areas that even with the rejuvenation retains a lot of that small town charm and feel
    Last edited by ercchry; 11-27-2012 at 01:48 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

That whole Inglewood area is bound to get gentrified fairly soon if it hasn't started already.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by msommers
    That whole Inglewood area is bound to get gentrified fairly soon if it hasn't started already.
    yup, you can see it. with east village coming along i think the whole area will be pretty awesome in 10 years. its one of the last real inner city areas left that hasnt been yet. with its direct access down 9th into the core and easy access to deerfoot (which should be a decent choice for travel once the ring road is done) im finding it harder and harder to find a flaw with buying here. its been one month now and i get more excited every week about living here

Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast