Quantcast
Mass Effect 3 - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Mass Effect 3

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

The new 'extended cut' of the ending is now on DLC.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

All the extended endings plus the new one, for people who don't want to re-install the game :P

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

I assume you've watched them. Your opinion?

I haven't actually, haha. I was waiting until I got home, now I see they're 20 minutes a piece. Christ. I guess I'll get on it now.

EDIT: Just watched the control ending. I liked it. The big questions about the Catalyst are still there, but it certainly tied things up a lot better.

Somebody remind me Spoiler:
    When did Kasumi die?

EDIT 2: This game looks like shit on XBox, I feel bad for people who had to play it on console.

EDIT 3: Destroy was good too. Spoiler:
    They kept the "Shepard might be alive" scene, and Liara didn't put the nameplate up on memorial like she did in the Control ending. I'm happy about that.

EDIT 4: Synth is so fucking dumb. It's always been dumb, it's still dumb. It's a copy of control but everybody gets glowing eyes and circuits on their skin. There's no reason, IMO, that synth was required for that ending to play out.

EDIT 5: Refusal Spoiler:
    The conversation with the Catalyst basically starts with "Since Shepard is here, the cycle can't continue" and ends with "The cycle will continue". They manage to twist it into a semi-happy ending but I dunno. Seems like whatever information was passed to future generations could have easily been negotiated with the Catalyst and everybody would've been fine from there. I would've much preferred that it end hinting that the Reapers are still coming despite the fact they think they have peace. Ah well.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

There are some new cutscenes and stuff in there too, from what I hear. I want to play them, but somehow my galactic readiness dropped back to 50% and I don't feel like playing enough multiplayer to get it back to a good level and get the good ending.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by Mibz

Somebody remind me Spoiler:
    When did Kasumi die?

Spoiler:
    She didn't, but Shepard told everyone that she did so that she could escape the Citadel unnoticed after the pair brought down the Hanar spy. She slipped into the shadows after her mission on the Citadel. She's in the wind, no one knows where

I just played through the endings...

Honestly, of the three, Control actually impressed me the most. It had the best feeling of "it's done, finally."

Destroy was cool too, but not as emotionally invested.

Synth was nice only because I like EDI
    Geek

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

I just finished it (finally got around to it after redoing ME2) - and I got the 3 choices (took control even tho full Paragon since I allied with the Geth).

But I certainly didn't see any of the extended stuff in the vids above. What exactly was added to make the angry gamers not so angry? Was it originally just control/destroy or is the new addition the crashed ship/old man telling a story?

Of course I just checked in Origin Online and there's an update for ME3 - not automatic like steam. Ugh.
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

Originally posted by Khyron
    I certainly didn't see any of the extended stuff in the vids above. What exactly was added to make the angry gamers not so angry? Was it originally just control/destroy or is the new addition the crashed ship/old man telling a story
    What you saw was probably the original endings. 3 choices (control, destory, synth), reapers either leave or die, Normandy tries to escape blast, two people leave crashed ship, Buzz Aldrin tries voice acting.

If you watch the movies above then you can see what was added. Just a bunch of other little scenes to wrap it all up and provide some more closure.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4