Quantcast
Car-cam bad drivers thread - Page 61 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 61 of 179 FirstFirst ... 51 60 61 62 71 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 3572

Thread: Car-cam bad drivers thread

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by reiRei

This was yesterday on my way home from work. Had someone warning me that there was a speed trap up ahead and I slowed down and headed to the outside lane. I could see the cop slowing the Prius ahead of me down, so I slowed down, the cop jumps in front of my car, and then another lane in the highway to flag a truck down. I nearly get sideswiped by the truck coming across. Srsly, speed traps are for safety? Sure looks like a lot of unsafe happening here...
    Nothing unsafe about that at all. You perhaps should have slowed down a lot faster once you saw the cop.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Originally posted by firebane

Nothing unsafe about that at all. You perhaps should have slowed down a lot faster once you saw the cop.
    I think that it is pretty dangerous to just walk out into traffic. Imagine if that guy in the truck was fiddling with his stereo at that moment. That cop would be a smear on the road.

However, since there is such a hard on for speed traps, I think the cop has no choice but to walk out into the left lane (faster traffic) and flag the truck over.

The poster just happened to be in the right lane at the time the truck was pulling over. Kind of a shit show, but not totally horrendous.

But then again, wtf do I know?
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    AW10

Originally posted by firebane

No fucking way man...

Even I didn't expect him to cross two lanes to "flag" someone on the opposite side down. (never seen this either, usually they point and ask you to pull over, not come across lanes of traffic to point at you and gesture someone to pull over)

That is 100% not safe.

Officer must have some maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad frogger skills.
    Last edited by sidewaysD; 05-15-2014 at 05:36 PM.

My Ride
    Has four wheels

^ Yeah, didn't see that coming. I thought they only do that on lower speed roads, and then on highways, they chase you down in the car to pull you over. I guess he didn't feel like doing so.

My Ride
    party car

I was honestly expecting the officer to pull me over, that's why I thought he was coming into my lane. I didn't realize he was going to go across the other lane and flag the driver in the far left hand lane. To me, it just seems so unsafe, especially considering that this stretch of the highway is 3 lanes with 100 km/h speed limit
    Last edited by reiRei; 05-16-2014 at 11:13 AM.
    I like things with wheels.

I don't know if they are still doing it in Calgary. A few years back, the were doing this on SB Deerfoot at the Deerfoot Meadows exit when construction lowered the speed of Deerfoot Trail to 80 km/h or something. Cops would jump out in front of traffic to pull over vehicles. The problem was that even when cars are still going at you at 80 km/h, it takes quite a while to come to a full stop. I personally witnessed a cop having to jump out of the way and roll over across a lane to get out of the way of a vehicle that couldn't stop in time. There has got to be a better way of doing this on high speed facilities like highways and freeways without putting yourselves and others in the path of danger. It's just a matter of time something bad would happen IMO. I don't think they are doing that in Calgary any longer... not on Deerfoot anyway.

Originally posted by cloud7
    I don't know if they are still doing it in Calgary. A few years back, the were doing this on SB Deerfoot at the Deerfoot Meadows exit when construction lowered the speed of Deerfoot Trail to 80 km/h or something. Cops would jump out in front of traffic to pull over vehicles. The problem was that even when cars are still going at you at 80 km/h, it takes quite a while to come to a full stop. I personally witnessed a cop having to jump out of the way and roll over across a lane to get out of the way of a vehicle that couldn't stop in time. There has got to be a better way of doing this on high speed facilities like highways and freeways without putting yourselves and others in the path of danger. It's just a matter of time something bad would happen IMO. I don't think they are doing that in Calgary any longer... not on Deerfoot anyway.
    There is. I have seen a few cops almost get run over by walking into the middle of the road. Last I got a ticket on the highway the RCMP officer just sat in his car and then caught up to me. Much safer even if you dont give as many tickets.

My Ride
    2021 Acura RDX, 2018 Honda Accord

Look both way before backing out?

random stop on deerfoot

First vid is great

2nd one, looks like the neon might have been tailgating so the guy did that? Incredibly stupid move though....

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Dumbest thing I ever saw on Deerfoot so far, wow.

My Ride
    W204

That random Deerfoot stop is incredibly dangerous.

The vid with the car backing up.. My opinion is that 95% of drivers out there have no idea how to use mirrors. I used to backup with my whole body turned and that's exactly the kind of thing I would end up doing - staring at one spot (i.e. where I wanted to go) and would completely ignore my surroundings.

However, I started relying on mirrors and utilizing all 3 of them basically gives you a 360 degree view of your surroundings and makes backing up so much safer. And on a related note - lane changes. People who can't use mirrors and end up turning their whole head and body not just to check blind spots, but to see what the mirrors can easily see; really you need to turn your head slightly and use your peripheral vision to check your blind spot, and when mirrors are setup properly, the blind spot is stupidly miniscule (like in all my cars, you'd have to be the size of a Smart car and be in the absolute perfect spot to be in my blind spot).

/rant
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

I always lol when I watch clips in car, my music is always so random.

"Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-01-2019 at 02:54 PM.

My Ride
    2012 Tuxedo Black Ford Focus

Originally posted by Modelexis
    I always lol when I watch clips in car, my music is always so random.

Apparently, I'm going blind, as I didn't see anything worth that amount of horn.... Someone help a blind man see the light?
    Cars:
    Tuxedo Black 2012 Ford Focus
    Copper Metallic 1984 Mustang

Originally posted by carson blocks

The Greenpeace chopper runs on smug, harvested from free-range organic grain-fed hippies.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Originally posted by TheHumbleGeek

Apparently, I'm going blind, as I didn't see anything worth that amount of horn.... Someone help a blind man see the light?
    car beside the camera car probably on the horn from being cut off...

My Ride
    E.L

Check out this idiot. The person in the Grey Nissan van to the left of the screen cuts of the person who he was behind and makes one nasty lane change onto an off ramp. Sometimes I wonder when Darwin will make an appearance.

Ohh and sorry, you have to watch both videos, I don't know how to combine the two and apparently I dont know how to embed either.

Last edited by Meback; 06-04-2014 at 08:26 AM.

My Ride
    Skateboard

Originally posted by JohnK23A1
    Look both way before backing out?

The amount of idiots that walk towards a car that is obviously backing boggles my mind.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by clem24
    (like in all my cars, you'd have to be the size of a Smart car and be in the absolute perfect spot to be in my blind spot).

/rant
    Or the size of a bike... At least the people you're whining about are actually checking their blind spots, unlike 90% of the other drivers out there.

My Ride
    W204

Originally posted by G

The amount of idiots that walk towards a car that is obviously backing boggles my mind.
    Man this is *SOOO* true!! I witnessed a couple who were walking in the Walmart parking lot in the NE, saw a car with backup lights come on, and just continue to walk right behind it while staring at it. Car backs up, and they still continue to walk, and then gets pissed off at the driver.

Sure the driver should yield to you but what were these people thinking?!? They think "we have right of way" so they are in the right and common sense goes right out the window.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Page 61 of 179 FirstFirst ... 51 60 61 62 71 ... LastLast